Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

shameless

What pisses me of the most about Sweden winning is that we'll definitely see Mans and Carola next year again to remind us of there songs being among the worsts of ESC winner songs. When I think about it, I fear they might even let him host one more time. :eek:

Ajeje Brazorf

What pisses me of the most about Sweden winning is that we'll definitely see Mans and Carola next year again to remind us of there songs being among the worsts of ESC winner songs. When I think about it, I fear they might even let him host one more time. :eek:

Yeah, I share the same fears...

Ezio

Veteran
Omg I am getting sick already

midnightsun

Veteran
With Italy returning after 14 years break, the swedish hegemony was a bit shaking because we showed to Europe that there is another way to be successful.

That’s a good point. There are a few countries who are quite successful in the televote but not with the juries in general (Italy, Norway, Ukraine…). They show how to be successful in Eurovision even without the help of juries.

crashworld

Veteran
From what I can see on Spotify Global Viral Top 50 Charts from my Spotify app:

1. Finland
9. Austria
18. Switzerland
20. Australia
24. Moldova
25. Croatia
27. Czechia
29. Sweden
30. Serbia
31. Slovenia
34. Belgium
36. Cyprus
37. Portugal
41. Armenia
42. Poland
45. Germany
47. France

Surprise Israel and Italy didn't make it. Wonder how the chart is being collated. Interesting to see Switzerland so high up.

Spotify Top 50 Daily Chart - Global (15 May):
5. Sweden
7. Finland
28. Norway

Spotify Viral 50 Daily Chart - Global (15 May):
1. Finland
5. Austria
7. Sweden
13. Switzerland
14. Belgium
16. Australia
17. Slovenia
20. Croatia
22. Moldova
23. Serbia
24. Cyprus
25. Czechia
27. Germany
30. Poland
33. Portugal
35. Norway
38. Armenia
40. France
46. Israel
47. Estonia
50. Ukraine

cegs5

I would add the inevitable ABBA reference. I am sick of it. EBU ruined what was a great classic, but I can't listen to Waterloo anymore.

midnightsun

Veteran
Waterloo was one of the worst winners ever and one of ABBA’s worst songs. Nothing to be proud of tbh. I LOVE Abba, one of my favourite bands with lots of amazing songs but Waterloo … Abba should have definitely won for their outfits but other than that… no.

Ezio

Veteran
Waterloo was one of the worst winners ever and one of ABBA’s worst songs. Nothing to be proud of tbh. I LOVE Abba, one of my favourite bands with lots of amazing songs but Waterloo … Abba should have definitely won for their outfits but other than that… no.
Yeah, we had an ABBA collection at home when I didnt know about Eurovision yet. I loved their music but Waterloo was annoying then and still is now.

Decayingbooks

Waterloo is a mediocre song when compared to ABBA's other songs, but I wouldn't say it was a bad winner back in 1973, it's just that sometimes songs don't age well, for example, back in 2016I loved I loved "Heroes" and "J'ai Cherché", but nowadays I find them loud and annoying

Ajeje Brazorf

Waterloo was a great winner in the '70s but it most definitely not the best ABBA song, neither the best winning song ever in the competition. But it was a deserved winner in 1974.

AndroZeus

I would love Måns as a host again. More importantly, Fångad av en stormvind is one of the greatest live vocal performances in Eurovision history, and the song is brilliant. Top 5 among Swedish entries, for sure.

marty

I think they really should change something in the voting procedure. A way that the televoters can "overrule" the jury when it comes to decide on the winner. Maybe a speed voting among the top 3 at the end.

midnightsun

Veteran
I would love Måns as a host again. More importantly, Fångad av en stormvind is one of the greatest live vocal performances in Eurovision history, and the song is brilliant. Top 5 among Swedish entries, for sure.

I think so too but I think the common opinion is that FAES is a bad winner.

AndroZeus

I think so too but I think the common opinion is that FAES is a bad winner.
I have to assume that's mostly because it tied with France and ESC bubble like France because it was weird?

crashworld

Veteran
From Spotify's IG:

jVD0Gdm.jpg

Forget Loorine and Kaya, the true breakout star of this competition is the only and only Bejba Kween aka Blanka.

AndroZeus

The televoting should be changed so that you can only give one vote per song, that would be a fairer system.
I'm almost 100% sure it was like that when I was a kid, I'm not sure when it changed but it's honestly messed up that you can vote more than once for a song. It drives tactical voting and leaves songs that people like getting very few points because they were people's 5th favourite and they spent all their votes on their top 3.

Top Bottom