Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

hpp0

Well the Cyprus contestant was a random Aussie who's had no experience/hits before. I think previous acts have had some hits in Cyprus or Greece etc. And he was singing a random generic Scandi pop dated sounding ballad. I'm not shocked he didn't get 12 points from Cyprus. Did he get anything from Aus I can't remember? Again I doubt it, he is a no name here too.
He got :12: from the Greek public both in the semi and in the final, the jury didn't give him :12:. Him not being well known in either country shouldn't affect the jury score.

Loindici

Veteran
Well...
The rest of the world got it right and you got wrong.

The rest of the world awarded Finland 10 and Sweden 7. Shameless is the right one in this scenario.

Sammy

Veteran
The televoters got Israel in the top 5 overall. To say, Israel doesn't deserve a top 3 result calling the song a "thrash" and "mess", when Finland's song is also in the similar vein is kinda double standard.
it depends on how you phrase it: Israel being annoyingly messy but Finland being funnily messy - voilà double standard disappeared.

crashworld

Veteran
And also, the Eurofans need to calm their tits/dicks/vags down, we all know the rules to the contest and how a winner is chosen. Loreen (despite being overrated as F) won the competition by the rules. It's not like they change the rules suddenly to push for Sweden's win. And Finland was not compromised at all, both of them got very good spots in the running order, so if anything both songs got the lift they needed. It has always been between the 2.

It's perfectly normal to feel disappointed, but that is the rules of the competition and it's not going to change (at least for now). So why not be graceful about it. It's pretty low to send hateful comments to Loreen/Sweden.

soulm8

During the 2nd SF I said that the winner of this Semi will not make even top 10 in the final. I was almost right. And nothing so suspicious here, it was the worst Semi I’ve watched!

KazNew

Does anybody know if/when they will be releasing the full details results from each country? i.e. 11-26th place from each country’s voting?

crashworld

Veteran
During the 2nd SF I said that the winner of this Semi will not make even top 10 in the final. I was almost right. And nothing so suspicious here, it was the worst Semi I’ve watched!

But 3 of the SF2 finalists made it, which is just 2 less than SF1. So not exactly that bad. And then if you count top 15, you have more SF2 finalists, 7 as compared to SF1 (which consist of 6). So interestingly, both semi are not that bad when it comes to the results.

Loindici

Veteran
In conclusion, it's an anticlimactic, unremarkable ending with a bittersweet aftertase.

Once Sweden has selected Loreen, a lot of fans have wished for her to win. She brought a great narrative with her: A previous winner, losing fame on her career, wanted to try again to have that Eurovision glory back, and make history for her and Sweden. Trying to be the second person who can win twice is such an achievement.

At the other ends, we have a lot of favorites this year also striving to win for their countries, especially countries who rarely have won the contest. This includes Kaarija, who would've wished to bring the contest to his country for the 2nd time.

Basically, these two are good narratives. Both would have a lot of meaning for both of them. But if I had to pick one I'd love to have Kaarija's.
Loreen has won before. Sweden has won 6 times. What's the point?

Well, it was proven with how this final turned out to be.

Sweden being in the jury's top seems to be foreseen, but the discrepancy of votes Loreen had, is already a sign of all hopes lost. Plus, with the jury votes being heck long, Sweden's just that main character in the entire sequence: in the spotlight, being interviewed, being shown at the top several times.

So, where's Kaarija? Here comes the twist: he might not be the main character then, but he's revealed to be audience's main character at the ending. Audiences are literally cheering for him, chanting Cha Cha Cha in the arena, and hyping him up so loudly. Him getting that 376 points is the cherry on top.

But he still loses at the end. Sweden won. Well, Loreen winning was the ending people wanted before, but not now -- especially, with juries, which leaves a bitter taste to some people. Kaarija really took everybody's heart by storm at the end.

This ending, gives me the same feeling I had with Kalush in 2022. Their song is still a contender for a great placement, catchy, well-performed. But we know what happened in Europe back then, and we know the win will be there anyways. I don't feel any thrill with it.

You can keep saying they've played by the rules, and all delegations have agreed to do so. But, this is not about whether they obeyed to the rules. Eurovision is still a televised show, and any good show needs a good ending. That's how the show will live in people's mind and soul.

And this one, is not really it.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
At the end of the day, only Sweden has the capacity to stomach this amount of hatred that the petty Eurofans spewed at them.
I cannot imagine the amount of hatred (would be so much worse than now) if any other country won over Finland + Sweden.

So thank Eurovision God the other countries (especially Israel & Italy) didn't win so they don't have to stomach all that ugliness.

Loindici

Veteran
On a less serious note my youtube has been filled with Kaarija, Alika, and Bojan. These three are just crackheads especially when they're hanging together.

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
Ouch Spain :/// those 2 ROTW votes, those are from me I claim them

Yesterday was overall a good show, but this was the most boring results segment with the new system. Seeing both jury/televote being so top heavy sucked the fun out of it tbh. The focus being on the 3-4 countries probably lead to some criminal underrating - like Germany, who I had predicted as the worst performing Big5, but last place was criminal. UK, unfortunately, got what it deserved. Poland finishing 3rd in the semi and 8th in the final televote will never not be funny - Miley Jann, what's good

Finland's fans need to calm down a bit, but this isn't anything new. Winner always gets flack, especially when they don't win the televote. And rankwise Finland was 4th in the jury, which is better than what most predicted.

Congrats to Sweden and while Tattoo is my 4th favourite, I just couldn't feel any joy seeing it win. Loreen is great though and maybe this time her career will take off xheart

Italy and Israel had no business being that high on the board.

Overall, mood is meh, but at least some good things came out of it like this moment:
FwEinWlWAAAsd0r

La Zarra can't help but mother at any given opportunity

Romania and San Marino finishing with 0s feels right.

Journalist

Congratulations Sweden! A deserved victory. TOP5 is a bit different than I predicted - I added Spain as number 3, but these 5 points are very strange to me. xshrug

Shame about the UK - I was hoping for a lot more from the televotes. I really think it's not for that place, it can't be compared to some of the previous songs that were in that position.

musicfan

You have a lot of faith in the results.

Top Bottom