Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

aef

What’s the big difference between LOTL and electric callboy though

soulm8

Why on earth. I mean it’s your taste fair enough, but I don’t get it. Such a lazy effort somehow from :it: this year. I usually love :it: but why on earth did they go back to cliche Sanremo ballad after their recent songs
Maybe not the best ballad, but the performance and the emotion he brought on stage was phenomenal. Even in the social media he was really loved after the performance. Slayage!

Jokuc

The initial idea of a jury was good but apparently there are still lots of flaws in practice. The criteria of the juries, how it is chosen, how do they work etc., a lot of it still involve a lot of Eurovision participants or people relating to the ESC, radio DJs. The criteria of the judging is also considerably vague as it is still too broad to translate such a subjective thing into an objective assessment.

People aren't that happy with Sweden since they are (one of) the biggest songwriting and producing exports in the world, but also having quite a grasp in changing Eurovision in ways people often didn't find welcoming.
I agree. I believe multiple people who are in the juries are probably not qualified enough to judge the songs "professionally". In an ideal world there would be a criteria for them to be songwriters, vocal coaches or producers, but in reality there's a whole bunch of random local celebrities who can barely sing themselves. I don't want to get rid of the juries but I'd like them to have less power and more requirements to actually participate as a judge.

Croatia has got points in Semi 1 from all countries and ROTW except Malta.

Well of course, no surprise there. Bill Cosby 🤣

aef

When are SF 2 results online - I mean CUR** t f is taking so long. I want to go to bed.

HarryUK

Veteran
Where are you seeing these voting results I can’t find the breakdown anywhere

12Pointsgoto.....

Not the Rest of the World serving taste. Also, to all those saying abolish the juries, both votes were an absolute mess. I mean both of them gave italy more than 20 points, that's a crime in itself. And if we only followed televote, we would have spain last place, songs like estonia, austria and armenia far at the bottom, as well as Poland and croatia in the top 10. Just because your favourite didn't win doesn't mean it was rigged, I wanted Kaarija to win as well at the end, but Loreen got the points.

12Pointsgoto.....

Also did I not say before that Czechia was gonna be top 5 in their Semi. And they still got that shit running order which killed their televote. I forgot to mention, the juries were an absolute mess as well. Some of my favourite moments of the night were greece giving cyprus three points, poland blanking ukraine and La Zarra giving us all the middle finger.

Mainshow

Veteran
Not the Rest of the World serving taste. Also, to all those saying abolish the juries, both votes were an absolute mess. I mean both of them gave italy more than 20 points, that's a crime in itself. And if we only followed televote, we would have spain last place, songs like estonia, austria and armenia far at the bottom, as well as Poland and croatia in the top 10. Just because your favourite didn't win doesn't mean it was rigged, I wanted Kaarija to win as well at the end, but Loreen got the points.

Who cares about #8 in the end? - Even though I somehow agree with you, it´s feels outrageous that the televoting winner didn´t win in the end despite getting an exceptionally massive score (from the televoters).

Even though Loreen was great (and somehow deserved to win), this victory feels even more bittersweet than Dunca´s victory in 2019.

midnightsun

Veteran
Such a lazy effort somehow from :it:

I don’t know. It’s something typical Italian, how is that lazy? Italian is a wonderful language, many people love ballads with the typical raspy Italian voice (plus we had a pretty handsome Italian this year!). It’s the kind of songs a mid-fourties couple would listen to during their vacation in Italy, kissing and cuddling while drinking wine. (So basically me - lol)

Top Bottom