Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Ajeje Brazorf

I agree with your words. In fact, in my previous posts (which some members have derided as an attempt at apology), I have praised beauty and ambition but also expressed that beauty and ambition alone cannot be enough. There is a need for functionality. I hope that this choice will open a new revolution where in the next editions we will be able to see ambitious constructions that perfectly balance engineering and art while keeping intact the primary objective: to help artists improve their performance.

I actually think it will do the opposite. Our broadcaster and the same EBU were really ingenuous to think Eurovision fans wanted to see innovation. Eurovision fans want to see things work. I honestly want things to work on Eurovision too. If they had put a simple led wall there instead of that damned sun, they would have been fine by now and nobody would have complained. Maybe someone would have found it simple, uninteresting, not the best staging ever, but surely not a mess of these proportions.

So next year, wherever the contest will take place, we will certainly return to more simple stage designes that will actually work well for Eurovision and surely no other broadcaster will risk that much: nobody wants to be remembered as the "new RAI". Our stage this year works well, but not for Eurovision. That's it.

Last edited:

12Pointsgoto.....

I actually think it will do the opposite. Our broadcaster and the same EBU were really ingenuous to think Eurovision fans wanted to see innovation. Eurovision fans want to see things work. I honestly want things to work on Eurovision too. If they had put a simple led wall there instead of that damned sun, they would have been fine by now and nobody would have complained. Maybe someone would have found it simple, uninteresting, not the best staging ever, but surely not a mess of these proportions.

So next year, wherever the contest will take place, we will certainly return to more simple stage designes that will actually work well for Eurovision and surely no other broadcaster will risk that much: nobody wants to be remembered as the "new RAI". Our stage this year works well, but not for Eurovision. That's it.
I think the designing the stage is similar to when you stage a song. Everything that is on the stage needs to make sense and work, otherwise it will take away from the performance. You can't just throw more things on stage and hope to get extra points.

Zerocalcare

In reality, the pulsating philosophies of the Eurovision Song Contest are exaggeration and innovation. Eurofans are always very humorous, impatient and greedy for news. This year, once the Covid 19 pandemic has been overcome, Rai and EBU have opted for something big (even if a worm, the unexpected, can hide inside the most beautiful apple).

I do not think your considerations are wrong but a point from which to start in order not to take the longest step of the leg. Your vision is pragmatic, minimalist and conservative. However, I love the avant-garde, the experimentation and the courage. If we humans have been able to accomplish great deeds it is thanks to the ardent desire to make dreams come true. If the two of us had lived in Ancient Greece you would have agreed that Icarus did not have to fly and challenge his limits while I would have thought that it is better to overcome our limits than to live a flat life and that it does not matter if you fall, what matters is to plant a seed (this allowed us to get to the moon).

I do not see a disaster for the stage or the future fear of other nations of being the "new Rai". Indeed, other nations are following the situation with interest (and trust me, they envy our choice and our courage). I think that in the next few years we will see a revolution in stage building (as we have seen the same revolution in the revival of national languages and less industrial songs). Having said that, Francesca Montinaro's stage, whose sun is suggestive, remaining still can easily perform the staging that we see every year. No more and no less than we might witness, according to your respectable words.

12Pointsgoto.....

They should cover the sun with LED's for the ones that need LED's. That is the least they can do for the acts.

FilipFromSweden

Tbh if you’re gonna resort to this shitty plan B at least try to have some variation because watching the pics, a lot of it looks the same, like in Oslo 2010. If you have to resort to a plan B then you must be a little more creative than to just give a shit ton of lights to every performance, why not have one act with audience glowsticks/audience camera flashlight for example?

Zerocalcare

Tbh if you’re gonna resort to this shitty plan B at least try to have some variation because watching the pics, a lot of it looks the same, like in Oslo 2010. If you have to resort to a plan B then you must be a little more creative than to just give a shit ton of lights to every performance, why not have one act with audience glowsticks/audience camera flashlight for example?
Watch out Filip! 😰 After you're done talking shit, pull the chain 🚽 We keep the forum sanitized ❤️

#acleanerworld
#wearepolite
#noshitty

FilipFromSweden

Watch out Filip! 😰 After you're done talking shit, pull the chain 🚽 We keep the forum sanitized ❤️

#acleanerworld
#wearepolite
#noshitty
It’s a discussion forum, sad that you can’t handle opinions you dislike. As someone who spent about 750 euros on 2 tickets I believe I have the right to complain when the stage is broken

Loindici

Veteran
The sun being there and being dim looks better than expected for me. It kinda has that unique electronic music festival feel to it.

nudiecrudi

It’s a discussion forum, sad that you can’t handle opinions you dislike. As someone who spent about 750 euros on 2 tickets I believe I have the right to complain when the stage is broken
Please Filip. Sell those tickets to me. I would love to be there even with the broken sun, which by the way isn't broken. Next year, maybe, you'll have the chance to make it in your honeland

FilipFromSweden

Please Filip. Sell those tickets to me. I would love to be there even with the broken sun, which by the way isn't broken. Next year, maybe, you'll have the chance to make it in your honeland
I didn’t say I won’t love my time in Torino, I simply reserved my right to complain and hold RAI to a certain standard. Understand the nuances my friend. I will still have the time of my life, also I’m there to root for Cornelia who brought her own sun. See you at Eurovision village!

nudiecrudi

I didn’t say I won’t love my time in Torino, I simply reserved my right to complain and hold RAI to a certain standard. Understand the nuances my friend. I will still have the time of my life, also I’m there to root for Cornelia who brought her own sun. See you at Eurovision village!
I was being ironic my friend.
Undestand the nuances
😘

FilipFromSweden

Loindici

Veteran
Hmm...
why not have one act with audience glowsticks/audience camera flashlight for example?
... let's just say, there is obviously no audience there, and it's also literally three rehearsals out. I unsolicitedly advise you to keep waiting.

Zerocalcare

In a group one can express one's opinion but education must never disappear (to do so would be a violation of the rules of the forum itself).

You will see the kinetic sun spinning during the guests' performance. Basically, during the competition you will see the same stage that you saw at the Eurovision Song Contest. Indeed no, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that the falls never existed in the stages prior to 2022.

I conclude by saying that many are evaluating the situation before the show is over. In the past, I give a parallel example, I have seen in other forums people complaining about the quality of the ESC 2020/2021 and then now these people write that in those two years the level of the songs was very high. Same thing in 2022 which was considered a weak year from the start while in reality it is a year with no super songs but with a very high overall quality. It is possible that at the end of ESC 2022 we will be satisfied on the one hand and sad on the other because the show did not last long.

Top Bottom