• 6. Laulumaa

3 60.0%
  • 7. Aeg on laul

0 0.0%
  • 8. Tuhast tõuseb päev

0 0.0%

• Total voters

eerik

December 1992, after a year of waiting, Estonia finally received an official invitation from EBU. Estonia had to hurry and in January 1993 a competition, Eurolaul, for finding the best song was announced. Eesti Televisioon (ETV) received 52 songs. 11 member pre-selection jury selected 9 songs for the final, but one of them was disqualified due to not meeting the requirements. Young Estonian singer Janika Sillamaa was selected to perform all eight songs.

Here they are:

1. Lootus

2. Ma sulle ütlen

3. Jää hetkeks

4. Unelaul

5. Muretut meelt ja südametuld

6. Laulumaa

7. Aeg on laul

8. Tuhast tõuseb päev

Winner was chosen by 10 member jury, who gave points in two rounds where the songs were performed in different order. They could give points in Eurovision style (1-8, 10, 12) but multiple songs could get the same number of points.

The results were following:
1. Muretut meelt ja südametuld (193 points)
2. Tuhast tõuseb päev (180)
3. Aeg on laul (140)
4. Lootus (135)
5. Unelaul (133)
6. Ma sulle ütlen (129)
7. Jää hetkeks (111)
8. Laulumaa (100)

Public favorite was also chosen in a quite clever way. People could buy a postcard with Janika's photo which had already pre-filled address lines and they just had to tick the box in front of their favorite song's title. Public favorite was Lootus.

Promotional music video for Muretut meelt ja südametuld was also filmed, here's a short clip:

The winning song went to Ljubljana in Slovenia where Qualification for Millstreet was held. Seven new countries had to compete for three spots in the Eurovision.

Sadly, we finished 5th and did not make it to the Eurovision that year.

Last edited:

Gerly

I honestly didn't even know about that...such a shame that I don't know about my country in Eurovision. Anyway...now I do!

That's a nice song...sad that we didn't pass to final!

eerik

I'll upload and post more 90s and 00s stuff in the following weeks. Few very weird and crazy entries... :p

Last edited:

Sabiondo

We should open an retro Secction to remember the All previous ESC's.. videos, results, NF's from 50-60-70-80-90-00s :lol:

CPV4931

didn´t know that... thx for posting :-)

Top Bottom