Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

37 25.7%

18 12.5%

15 10.4%

10 6.9%

13 9.0%

9 6.3%

4 2.8%

8 5.6%

3 2.1%

10 6.9%

17 11.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SirPeterGriffin

Absolutely deranged and feels all over the place but ngl it's such a vibe and i'm obsessed with it...public will definitely eat this up. Fuck it, it's a :7: for now.

laululind

Expected result, once it was clear the juries didn't sink 5Miinust. :giggle: Happy with the winner, tho' kind of sad for Ollie at the same time. :LOL: That's the trouble with having several favorites! Our first proper rock entry will have to wait I guess. Not sure he's going to be up for entering three years in a row. :LOL: But I do hope to see him back again sometime, if he's got another good song. :giggle:

Thought the show was pretty decent tonight! Liked the clips with the artists & things felt reasonably paced. The stage could have been a bit bigger, but they did try to vary up the stagings at least. Couple of technical issues & sound mixing could have been better perhaps, but overall a pretty fun evening. :giggle:

First entry in Estonian in 10 years! And something a little different from our usual array of ballads and pop songs. :giggle: Hard to say for sure what our odds of qualifying are. :LOL: I'd like to hope there's a decent chance, as long as the staging isn't a downgrade at the very least! But we're still missing half the songs in our semi so who knows. At least it doesn't seem like there will be many more similar kooky entries in our semi, tho' can't rule it out completely yet. It certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea, but perhaps there will be enough who like the strange flavor. :LOL: Better than being completely bland and forgettable at least.

Now they need to figure out the best way to stage this for May! The final performance was definitely an improvement, but it feels like there's still plenty of unrealized potential there. :unsure: With bigger stage and more LEDs and whatnot, hope they can find a way to make this the best it could be! :giggle: Keep the energy and fun, but refine it somehow. Also make sure the vocals don't get lost in the process. They've got some time to work on this so hopefully they come up with some good ideas! Just don't make it worse please. :D Getting to the final would be awesome! Not expecting the juries to love us if we get there (even if they did OK with EL juries), but that's OK I guess. Considering the boost we got from them last year, can't complain too much. :LOL:

hpp0

I don't consider it a very catchy song by itself, it's not bad but just decent imo. However, the live performance certainly helps bring it to life and make it more entertaining. A :6: is fair enough, I think.

ManiaMuse

Expected result, once it was clear the juries didn't sink 5Miinust. :giggle: Happy with the winner, tho' kind of sad for Ollie at the same time. :LOL: That's the trouble with having several favorites! Our first proper rock entry will have to wait I guess. Not sure he's going to be up for entering three years in a row. :LOL: But I do hope to see him back again sometime, if he's got another good song. :giggle:

Thought the show was pretty decent tonight! Liked the clips with the artists & things felt reasonably paced. The stage could have been a bit bigger, but they did try to vary up the stagings at least. Couple of technical issues & sound mixing could have been better perhaps, but overall a pretty fun evening. :giggle:

First entry in Estonian in 10 years! And something a little different from our usual array of ballads and pop songs. :giggle: Hard to say for sure what our odds of qualifying are. :LOL: I'd like to hope there's a decent chance, as long as the staging isn't a downgrade at the very least! But we're still missing half the songs in our semi so who knows. At least it doesn't seem like there will be many more similar kooky entries in our semi, tho' can't rule it out completely yet. It certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea, but perhaps there will be enough who like the strange flavor. :LOL: Better than being completely bland and forgettable at least.

Now they need to figure out the best way to stage this for May! The final performance was definitely an improvement, but it feels like there's still plenty of unrealized potential there. :unsure: With bigger stage and more LEDs and whatnot, hope they can find a way to make this the best it could be! :giggle: Keep the energy and fun, but refine it somehow. Also make sure the vocals don't get lost in the process. They've got some time to work on this so hopefully they come up with some good ideas! Just don't make it worse please. :D Getting to the final would be awesome! Not expecting the juries to love us if we get there (even if they did OK with EL juries), but that's OK I guess. Considering the boost we got from them last year, can't complain too much. :LOL:
I think one of the key things with the staging will be to try and make it feel connected and close to the audience in the arena so that it keeps the energy. I liked the crowd walkthrough at the beginning, it gave it a bit of a mob song feel. Hopefully they are able to do something similar at the real contest. The 360 stage could work out well for them.

I quite like how the main vocal gets passed round most of the singers who have quite different voices. Kind of a bit like the boy/girl bands of the 90s where they would just shove 5 random singers together with completely different voices but then would write the songs in a way so that they all got a turn to sing.

gigi_copp3

Poor Ollie, he just seems so cursed. This winner is quite a good joke entry, it will qualify for sure

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think one of the key things with the staging will be to try and make it feel connected and close to the audience in the arena so that it keeps the energy. I liked the crowd walkthrough at the beginning, it gave it a bit of a mob song feel. Hopefully they are able to do something similar at the real contest. The 360 stage could work out well for them.

I quite like how the main vocal gets passed round most of the singers who have quite different voices. Kind of a bit like the boy/girl bands of the 90s where they would just shove 5 random singers together with completely different voices but then would write the songs in a way so that they all got a turn to sing.
the staging is disorganized, but that worked - going for a bar-fight between 5miinust & puuluup works in EL because the audience can distinguish between the two groups. That distinction won't work as well in Malmö, however. The stage is much larger, so use the space.

The direction to go here is trippy - Augmented reality (as we saw with Peter Põder and Almacor in Spain) leds, intense close-ups, sharp camera cuts. Stage this as an acid trip gone disastrously wrong, which matches the lyrics. Spare no expenses. That should be the direction if juries were to be won over.

Televote is easy on this. Boys have the energy and Marko (VSauce) / Longhaired 5Miinust guy carry hard with their excellent vocals. Nendest Narkootikumidest is chaos in a bottle, but it works. Like Trenuletul did.

Personally i'm thinking left side on the board in Malmö. I don't know how high, but probably 6th-13th, MAYBE top five if they go full acid trip. (big maybe.). I think they'll be beaten by Italy, Norway, Ukraine and Lithuania in terms of score. Regardless, it'll be a better result than My Friend would have gotten them, which i always found kind of boring and lifeless. Ollie is a good performer tho - he needs to enter with an actual good rock song.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This song and performance reminds me of when I'm sitting in my garden during the summer with a nice cup of tea, and perhaps a tasty slice of sponge cake... but a wasp comes... oh, there's another..... and then before I know it, there's six wasps buzzing around my head, leaving me with no other option than to retreat back inside without the cake which has now been hijacked.

:3: points

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Anet Vaikmaa - "Serotoniin"
5Miinuust & Puulup - "(nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi"
Ewert & the Two Dragons - "Hold me now"
INGA - "No dog on a leash"
Cecilia - "Fomo"
Antsud - "Vetevaim"
Nele-Liis Vaiksoo - "Käte ümber jää"
Daniel Levi - "Over the moon"
Peter Põder - "Korra veel"
Sofia Rubina - "Be good"

Traffic - "Wunderbar"
Ollie - "My friend"
Cartoon & Ewert Sundja - "Oblivion"
Yonna - "I don't know about you"
Silver Jusilo - "Lately"
Laura - "Here's where I draw the line"

Brother Apollo - "Bad boy"
Carlos Ukareda - "Never growing up"
Uudo Sepp & Sarah Murray - "Still love"
Ingmar - "Dreaming"

Good NF. The automatic finalists stank tho. GET RID OF THEM (or pick better songs as aqs? nah. get rid of them)

CPV4931

Before the NF I didn´t have the winner among my favorites, but the NF performance brought lots of energy :-) Well done, Estonia

rasmuslights

Veteran
This is how you do a fun entry. No gimmicks and men performing in their underwear and coming out of an egg and robots and dimgidigas. Praying this does better than Finland.

It's in native language so that's a plus. Their vocals are actually really good and I also dig the aesthetic they are going for.
Not to mention they're both well-respected artists in Estonia.

I'm giving this a solid 8.

Bmbriga

Considering how boring :hr: presenter always is, him trying to pronounce

5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

is definitely going to be the highlight of the night.

Last edited:

laululind

Yeah, people who like countries to send relevant acts should be happy! 5Miinust is one of the more popular bands we have right now and Puuluup are well known & respected in their genre. :giggle: Definitely not some random unknowns who only show up in Eesti Laul every other year. :LOL: Tho' personally I don't mind those either, whoever has a good song is fine by me, big name or small name. :giggle: But it's nice to have big names take interest, might encourage some others who have been apprehensive before. Still hope Tommy Cash will show up someday, or Kerli could try again! Would add some interesting variety. :giggle:

I do hope they can go back to two semis again next year, but if they must keep the AQ system, at least have 7 songs qualify from the semi. I guess the end results were pretty evenly spread overall, between the AQs and semi qualifiers. :unsure: Wasn't the case of all AQs being placed 6-10 or something. :LOL: But the semi system just makes more sense & is more fair overall. :giggle: It'll be interesting to see the full results next week (that's when they usually post them), who would have qualified if we had 7 semi qualifiers. :unsure: Having Traffic or Cecilia or other Ewert song would have made the final lineup more varied and interesting! But maybe we would have gotten Ingmar or Laura instead, who knows. :LOL:

Top Bottom