Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

soulm8

I have a legit question: Any chance the jury can vote at the same night as the Grand Final is actually happening? My point is: imagine this amazing singer all of a sudden cracks his voice(like Slimane in the jury show) in the actual final, but in the jury show he was amazing and got the 1st place by a storm. Everybody will be pissed how with this performance they voted for him 12 points every where. The regular viewer has no idea the jury votes in a different night. They all are human beings and things can happen on stage.

Brendan

I have a legit question: Any chance the jury can vote at the same night as the Grand Final is actually happening? My point is: imagine this amazing singer all of a sudden cracks his voice(like Slimane in the jury show) in the actual final, but in the jury show he was amazing and got the 1st place by a storm. Everybody will be pissed how with this performance they voted for him 12 points every where. The regular viewer has no idea the jury votes in a different night. They all are human beings and things can happen on stage.

The current structure of the show makes it difficult - as the jury votes in the final are announced while the televote is being counted, verified and aggregated so need to be known before the show. I don't see it being possible therefore as it would make the final show even longer as they have to check and validate both results and you would need to add another 20 minutes at least to the interval acts! Juries also rank all acts - not just vote for their favourite - so there is a lot of analysis to be done.

Paco Roca

An Italian friend of my girlfriend passes me by every year the ESC reactions of this guy who lives in South Korea. He is a fairly popular YouTuber and works / knows the world of Korean entertainment. In fact, Korean artists often appear in his YouTube videos.

I enjoyed seeing the technical analysis of the Koreans and observing their tastes.

The nations that aroused so much interest that they became part of the video are: Switzerland, Croatia, Israel, France, Ireland, Ukraine, Italy and Finland. Objectively, apart from Finland which stands out for its madness, the best songs.

Nemo was unanimously considered the best. AA&JH, Eden Golan and Angelina Mango were considered talented (the Italian staging, the outfit and the performance were liked by the Koreans). They amazed Ireland with the staging but also with Bambie Thug's ability to sing, act and at the same time assume classical dance poses. France got mixed reviews: "Mon Amour" is banal but is held up by Slimane's vocal/interpretive strength (even if it loses a bit of stability in the vibrato). Croatia has gained their interest thanks to its energy but Baby Lasagna unanimously cannot sing for the Koreans. Finnish artists, according to Korean rules, would have been banned from TV and arrested haha.

It was wonderful to observe in the video how between Italy and France there is a feeling of love/hate, of extreme competitiveness. The Italian YouTuber rejoiced when France was not valued :ROFLMAO:

Etanna

Has anybody analysed the ROTW votes already? Some trends seem quite obvious but I'd like to see if somebody has given it a deeper consideration, including how much it affects the qualifications / results.

AlekS

Veteran
https://smotrim.ru/article/3945773

Just in case somebody missed them. "Eurovision was "decorated" with transgenders and satanists". Former EBU member Russia 1 channel about Eurovision 2024:

They said that Conchita started "degradation of Eurovision".
"All kinds of freaks rule there, people with deformities and sexual deviations".
They bullied Nemo for his clothes and being non-binary.
They called Bambie Thug "it".
They implied that Jerry can't sing, fat-shamed Alyona and put her fall from the rehearsal on full display.
Spain was slammed for feminism and her dancers.
"Europe is, thankfully, more than Eurovision".

Another TV host on the same channel: "Eurovision is a Satan's ball".
Satan's ball? Have they looked in the mirror? xrofl

jatojo

I noticed that the Rest of the World only gave points to one of the slow songs, France (2 points). I like that. There were no good slow entries this year. Which is sad because I normally like the ballads a lot. Like in 2020 when both songs in my top 2 were ballads - Norway and Italy.

Lumina

I told you the truth will finally come out!

First part of hints that other delegations started harassing Israel:

And there is more to come. I have info that other delegations started first before Israel ever did anything or harassed anyone. I heard that the EBU has proof (videos and more) about what other delegations did. There is a reason why they stay quiet and did not do anything against Israel.

I told you to be cautious on whose side you are. Because when the WHOLE truth comes out (and I said: mark my words it will) it could be very embarrassing for most of you if you will realize what you support.

I think if ESCUnited go on like this and support the Israel hate and delete all pro Israel posts here and ignore Israel in their videos like they did (only calling the name does not count - you ignored any reports on them apart from the bad)… then you and other fansites will have a very bad reputation next year.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
Would you care to help?

How can grown up people be so childish and believe anything they hear only because they like one artist and don’t like the other? This is beyond ridiculous!
Based on this post, I believe that you have pure hearted belief that things should be taken seriously by the basis of evidence and not based on personal beliefs or fanaticism. This is the exact same reason why I asked you previously a source of what you have claimed to be true.

Eden told the press what others had done to her.
Do you have the video? I am curious to hear what she said.
Because I want to hear the story from her point of view. And I believe you say that because you have watched her video with her statement because you would not make things up just to back her up based on your personal preferences and opinions. Unfortunately, you have never responded to this. I do believe that you did not do it on purpose, you have just missed it.

So I am asking you again to show me the source one more time. Would you do that and be convenient to show that you are not making these things up and that you have a reliable source for all your claims? Or should we ignore your claims altogether?

Rasmus0714

First part of hints that other delegations started harassing Israel:

And there is more to come. I have info that other delegations started first before Israel ever did anything or harassed anyone. I heard that the EBU has proof (videos and more) about what other delegations did. There is a reason why they stay quiet and did not do anything against Israel.

I told you to be cautious on whose side you are. Because when the WHOLE truth comes out (and I said: mark my words it will) it could be very embarrassing for most of you if you will realize what you support.

I think if ESCUnited go on like this and support the Israel hate and delete all pro Israel posts here and ignore Israel in their videos like they did (only calling the name does not count - you ignored any reports on them apart from the bad)… then you and other fansites will have a very bad reputation next year.
Isn't that tweet having all the same shit you repeat over and over and over and over again? You are just as cringe and delusional as that P-something troll. No wonder people calling Israel the Middle East's China.
Käärijä not wanting photographing with Israel delegation = not wanting being a prop for Israel/not wanting to be the Loreen 2023 in 2024
Other delegations photographing with Israel (delegation) = career suicide. They compete in Eurovision to gain new fans and Eurovision fans are already annoyed by Israel's participation in this year's Eurovision, photographing with Israel (delegation) will only cause they to lose potential new fans since Israel supporters + European right wing party supporters will not be fans for them after Eurovision yet Eurovision fans will.
And they didn't stay quiet, multiple delegations bash and make complaints to EBU. If Israel still competes in Eurovision 2025 and causing tons of countries to drop out, then it's gonna be even worse than this year.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think if ESCUnited go on like this and support the Israel hate and delete all pro Israel posts here
What you do not seem to realize is that it does not matter whether the content is pro-Israel, pro-Palestine, pro-Putin or pro-Zimbabwe, it is going to be removed.
11. Political discussions are not allowed anywhere but in the Policial Forum. We are taking this very seriously and political posts made outside of that forum will be moved and will result in a warning and possible ban. Political discussions in the political forum need to be civilized and respectful. You are allowed to agree/disagree but derogatory comments towards any country will not be tolerated. If you don’t like politics please ignore that forum.
then you and other fansites will have a very bad reputation next year.
Whatever, but could you please get over it and if you hate our site so much, maybe it would be better to stay away from it? There are so many wonderful things to focus on, why waste your time on a Eurovision Forum you do not like anyway?

Lumina

I didn’t hate this site.
In fact I even created an account this year after reading here „silently“ once in a while because I had the impression this forum here was the least toxic.
Obviously I was very wrong.

Instead it turns out to be the most toxic with moderators deleting pro Israel posts, ignoring Israel coverage throughout the contest, admins (or moderators, whatever Gabe is) spreading lies on X without fact checking (that broadcasters wanted to withdraw from the final) and spreading his pro Palestine narrative anti Israel hate…

You really think this fan site will exist next year after many people I know have reported your site and others for strictly biased behaviorism during ESC? For how you treat pro Israel prior and news?
I have heard crisis meeting is also held right now about the fan press. And I can assure you not everyone is getting accreditation next year ;)

@Judas: sorry for missing it! I will post the video to you in a PN but you can just watch the news coming out the next days or weeks because the truth will be revealed little by little finally.

Rubine

I didn’t hate this site.
In fact I even created an account this year after reading here „silently“ once in a while because I had the impression this forum here was the least toxic.
Obviously I was very wrong.

Instead it turns out to be the most toxic with moderators deleting pro Israel posts, ignoring Israel coverage throughout the contest, admins (or moderators, whatever Gabe is) spreading lies on X without fact checking (that broadcasters wanted to withdraw from the final) and spreading his pro Palestine narrative anti Israel hate…

You really think this fan site will exist next year after many people I know have reported your site and others for strictly biased behaviorism during ESC? For how you treat pro Israel prior and news?
I have heard crisis meeting is also held right now about the fan press. And I can assure you not everyone is getting accreditation next year ;)

@Judas: sorry for missing it! I will post the video to you in a PN but you can just watch the news coming out the next days or weeks because the truth will be revealed little by little finally.

In my opinion, you only created an account on this forum to troll about how great Israel is. Your first post on the forum… supposedly nonchalant…

And then you use Joost as a scapegoat in every post you make. Here, in the Dutch topic, or in the Israel topic.

I have been registered on this forum since 2011. I don't feel any anti or pro sentiment at all.

I myself I’m not pro-Israel or pro-Palestine. I have concerns about how Israel is handling the situation but I do have my concerns about Hamas too.

But it simply wasn't wise for Israel to get involved at this time. It has caused enormous polarization.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
PS. You didn't, and you won't. Because you are lying.

I am sorry, I really did my best to give you many chances to prove that you are not making all these things up to defend Israel because of your personal opinions before making this accusation, but it is clear as day that you are just lying for purely the sake of defending your political opinion.

I just need to express it because you are spreading a false propaganda online and people reading random pages of political threads should be aware of that.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Instead it turns out to be the most toxic with moderators deleting pro Israel posts
I have already told you that it does not matter what kind of political content you post, it is going to be removed as it is against our Board Rules (No. 11). It is as simple as that. If there is a problem with that, you can always make your own wonderful fansite with your own set of Rules or become an Administrator on this Forum and remove the unwanted parts.
ignoring Israel coverage throughout the contest, admins (or moderators, whatever Gabe is) spreading lies on X without fact checking (that broadcasters wanted to withdraw from the final) and spreading his pro Palestine narrative anti Israel hate…
ESCUnited on YouTube, X, Instagram, TikTok, whatever else and Forum are different things. In my opinion, a participating country is a participating country and they should all be treated equally - I understand your point there. But your weapons of supporting one or another country are wrong. On Forum we have threads for every participating country where you are more than welcome to express your opinion as long as it does not break the Board Rules. What is happening on YouTube, X, Instagram - I do not care. These accounts have their own staff and if there is a problem with something, you have to contact them. If no solution is found then it is something to ditch and move on. It is not difficult. I, for example, do not watch Eurovision anymore, but I am not infecting threads with my controversial opinions about it - I do not think anyone needs them. And Forum is not a place to post your negative experience on other social media in a toxic way, annoy others and blame the Forum Administration for removing your content which is breaking Board Rules.
M3kakOB.gif

Good for you. It is your right to report something you do not like and there is nothing wrong with that. I am sure that someone will review your report and make a conclusion whatever it is. No idea why you are bragging about it here though, I highly doubt that anyone here apart from two and a half trolls is interested.

Usually I do not make public statements on problems like this but this whole story gives "my WOY to a permanent ban" which other members may want to avoid in future

Top Bottom