Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ag89

Since there is a belief that the Balkans is not really successful at ESC anymore, just to highlight:
- North Macedonia won the jury vote in 2019
- Serbia killed it with the public in 2022
- Croatia made it to top 10 with the public in 2023
- Croatia won the televote this year
- Greece did nicely in 2021, 2022 and this year.

I have hopes victory will come back to the Balkans soon.

Grinch

EBU director Noel Curran has replied to the European Commission's concerns about the ban of the :eu: EU flag.
"It was never our intention to discredit the European Union Flag. [...] We will be sure to revisit our policy for next year."

R82SOme.jpeg

What a mess...

GermanBango

Lumina

lol the mods have deleted every post in the Israel thread that was pro Israel in the beginning. They deleted every post before their national selection. It were mostly pro Israel posts.

Many members here had the opinion Israel should participate. Even after October 7th. Members that are hating now against Israel.

My posts were deleted and I was blocked from writing in the Israel thread. Of course, you want free speech and opinions at ESC and everywhere and I am blocked. People here block everything pro Israel. But the hate still remains in the Israel thread.

But you can’t silence me. Thank God I have screenshots. And maybe next year you won’t have many people writing here or watching your channel on you tube.
This forum is worse than every other forum.

Even wiwi was able to put some neutral statements out there on some topics or Israel.

Now you can block me again and tomorrow I‘ll be back! ;)

I bims

Veteran
lol the mods have deleted every post in the Israel thread that was pro Israel in the beginning. They deleted every post before their national selection. It were mostly pro Israel posts.

Many members here had the opinion Israel should participate. Even after October 7th. Members that are hating now against Israel.

My posts were deleted and I was blocked from writing in the Israel thread. Of course, you want free speech and opinions at ESC and everywhere and I am blocked. People here block everything pro Israel. But the hate still remains in the Israel thread.

But you can’t silence me. Thank God I have screenshots. And maybe next year you won’t have many people writing here or watching your channel on you tube.

Even wiwi was able to put some neutral statements out there on some topics or Israel.

Are you a psyop to make Israel and their supporters look unhinged? It's certainly working.

ag89

EBU director Noel Curran has replied to the European Commission's concerns about the ban of the :eu: EU flag.
"It was never our intention to discredit the European Union Flag. [...] We will be sure to revisit our policy for next year."

R82SOme.jpeg

What a mess...
It was not their attention, but they still banned the flag. So the attention was somehow there. It was better if they just wrote "Thank you for your concerns, we will update our flag policy for 2025"

ag89

Go out, get some coffee, enjoy the day. Eurovision 2024 is (luckily) over.

GermanBango

Honey, go out and touch some grass. You seriously seem obsessed with playing the victim. Literally every post discussing politics got deleted from the Israel thread - not, as you claim, only yours. Might wanna read the header of said thread which even disclaims that purely political posts will be deleted.

Lance Esgard

Too little, too late.
One thing I note is that nowhere in the reply letter does it commit to actually changing the policy when it is revisited. Could be a lack of precision is in the wording, or it could be one of those diplomatic middle fingers to express that the policy will change but without conceding that it has anything to do with external pressure.

Bureaucracies can get rather sensitive/resentful about external interventions, particularly if they perceive that they have lost face in the public eye (or to themselves).

jatojo

It was not their attention, but they still banned the flag. So the attention was somehow there. It was better if they just wrote "Thank you for your concerns, we will update our flag policy for 2025"
As I interprete it, they admit there was some sort of ban of the EU flag, but it only occured due to the extreme circumstances.

ollibox

Well, kinda off-topic, but... I usually discuss politics (and SERIOUS politics) only with my friends over a table containing some pints (or more). I rarely post my true-heart-beliefs in ANY forum. Even not at ESCYounited.
Noooo. Had my lesson, a while ago. Sorry. Never EVER again. Mainly because of the potential sh*tstorm it might bring. Usually there are VERY different opinions about whatever different topics. And I don't wish for no sh*t storms. I just wish to discuss.
Am I weird? Honestly? Like 100% honest answers only.

mauve

Veteran
Well, kinda off-topic, but... I usually discuss politics (and SERIOUS politics) only with my friends over a table containing some pints (or more). I rarely post my true-heart-beliefs in ANY forum. Even not at ESCYounited.
Noooo. Had my lesson, a while ago. Sorry. Never EVER again. Mainly because of the potential sh*tstorm it might bring. Usually there are VERY different opinions about whatever different topics. And I don't wish for no sh*t storms. I just wish to discuss.
Am I weird? Honestly? Like 100% honest answers only.
Same here. I learned my lesson a while ago as well when I had a different view on things and TRY to stay out of it on forums now. At least mostly. :)

Top Bottom