Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ollibox

@Loindici I actually don't know how this happened, just more or less copied my post from a Youtube content :D
But UNINTENTIONALLY, it looks kinda cool anyway xhi

Last edited:

Rasmus0714

I understand your point, but I disagree. Nemo was a part of these strategies as well and should have benefited a lot more than :fr: or :ua: for those people simply willing to beat :il:. And yet, :ch: ended up behind those.

A vote is a vote, and Nemo simply performed worse than Loreen. If one abstains from any politics, attacking Loreen for her public score while celebrating Nemo just means that one is being full of shit.
Tattoo is way worse than The code, it's on the same level as Mon amour as a song, Mon amour is saved by French language but Tattoo's lyrics doesn't help how tacky and dated it is as a song, any song from 2023 top 10 deserves to win more than Tattoo.
And some of the normies saying they only vote for her because they know her and she sang great, even though the song itself is dreadful/dated.

Last edited:

dogmeat

gxGlsLN.png

sI2ZOSp.png

JuROvwM.png

fqRWzXg.png

There seems to be a pattern...

luli

15% odds was not very low btw, Latvia (yes, them again) won with 3% when I was a kid back in... 02. Look. EBU messed up the win from Croatia and fucked Israel heavy along with the chaos this week. I . RAI, EBU and the Dutch situation handling caused a few more juries to switch to Switzerland.
I had 7 out of 10 correct (Jury vote, top 3, top 5, top 10, Sweden best Nordic, Croatia best balti, Gay sauna last), so, my mortgage is safe! Enough to go to Bern next year!
Croatia best Balti?:unsure::cool::D

Verjamem

We kinda saw that already last year with Loreen, who was overwhelmingly supported by the juries, while losing the televote, but now here's an even more extreme version of it: Nemo crushed the jury vote, but got a 5th place with the public. Is that the largest dissonance in terms of final ranks? We have seen winners who failed to win the audience first place before, but 5th place, while is still good and 200+ points aren't something to be ashamed of, shows the gap is there.
Not the winner, but in 2011 Italy was 1st by juries and came only 11th in televoting.

Oh, Keiino was even lower in 2019 (18th by juries).

soulm8

The reactions in Bulgaria in one post…..

hawadharma

Mira lo que se avecina
A la vuelta de la esquina
Viene Diego rumbeando
Con la luna en las pupilas
Y en su traje agua marina
Van restos de contrabando

hohoho hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

I, I went to hell and back

SpiritofKeiino

Was there any tension between Tali and the other acts over the Israel/Gaza situation? As Tali is part Israeli and brother serving in IDF.

I didn't see any suggestion of it, but I'm not following everyone on social media.

Lumina

There wasn’t I think, but they kept Tali away from a lot of things. She was less seen than other artists. Only few interviews and videos about her.

Ajeje Brazorf

I have and important question: when Is MoroccanOil contract going to expire? I hope soon! Because there is no doubt they put pressions on EBU to cancel Iolanda's performance from YouTube for 2 hrs during the Grand Finale, altering the chances of a contestant. This should NEVER happen in a Song Contest, for ANY reason, and for the principle of "fair competition" she could have even proceeded legally.

Last edited:

ag89

Just listening RTS and HRT and their feedback: no press conferences were organized for delegations after rehearsals, there were no interviews with representatives, no Meet & Greet, interaction between participants and fans was limited, there was almost a fight (or a real fight, couldn't understand fully) between Israeli team members and some journalists, a lot of tension between EBU and delegations (arguing, yelling etc), organization behind the scene was chaotic. At the same time, they praised how the show looked on screen and that was excellent.

Last edited:

jatojo

This should NEVER happen in a Song Contest, for ANY reason, and for the principle of "fair competition" she could have even proceeded legally.

I don't know what to think of censorship - EBU has used it "always" -, but if there are rules, and those rules are not respected, it must have consequences. Or?

HarryUK

Veteran
there was almost a fight (or a real fight, couldn't understand fully) between Israeli team members and some journalists,

And all Joost did was (reportedly) raise a hand, yet he gets disqualified. Tell me right now why KAN weren’t put back on a flight to Tel Aviv if that’s the case. Where were the police???

Lumina

How can grown up people be so childish and believe anything they hear only because they like one artist and don’t like the other? This is beyond ridiculous!

REPORTEDLY Joost did this, Kan (delegation) did that. We all DON'T KNOW who did what, apart from the fact that both situations don’t have a connection and are separate incidents that have to be investigated.

Why do you believe that an Israeli member did anything wrong only because other contestant say so? That doesn’t prove anything. Some press people observed negative behaviour by Joost and he has been labeled as problematic in the past (before Eurovision, there are articles about that from a while ago). So here we are. What is true, what not? I don’t know and I don’t care because I believe the police will do their thing.

Don’t be foolish. It’s simply whatsboutism. What Joost did or didn’t and what the Israeli did or did not are two separate situations, NOT linked to each other (as already confirmed by the police!!) thus have to be treated as separate incidents. You can not be butthurt because of Joost‘s DQ and go crying 'but…but… look at the Israeli delegation!‘ If the Israelis did anything wrong it will be investigated as much as the Joost-case and punished accordingly! And as much as you want to see them failing - they had nothing to do with Joost!

Top Bottom