Czech Republic CZECHIA 2025

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

boyardor

Let´s start this thread with my wishlist for ESCZ 2025 (already so excited):
(this is also my TOP of these artists)

No. 14: Katie Kei
I found it on YT, sounds great, vocals on point. But a bit repetetive?

No. 13: Blitz Union
Also found on YT. Great rock song, even though I´m not the biggest fan of rock.

No. 12: ADONXS
Our Slovak SuperStar (Idol) contestant. Not the biggest fan of his music, but this one xheart. He should send something, because Slovak artists can also join ESCZ family.

No. 11: Elly
Her ESCZ 2024 entry wasn´t the strongest, but she can manage to make great song.

No. 10: Terra
Never heard about her, but this song has everything (even staging concept).

No. 9: Maella
She sent bad song for ESCZ 2023. This is the song she was supposed to send.

No. 8: Eva Burešová
I watched Český slavík awards in the autumn and she was an interval act with this energetic song in Czech.

No. 7: Pam Rabbit
"Ghosting" was great song, but Vesna was the clear winner of ESCZ 2023

No. 6: Annabelle
ESCZ 2022 was the strongest of all ESCZ editions so far. There were many songs that would make the grand final in 2022 and this is one of them.

TOP 5 in the next post :)

boyardor

No. 5: Lenny
She has many great songs, but "Good Enough" wasn´t good enough (putting "Enemy" here, because everybody knows "Hell.o").

No. 4: Elis Mraz
Love her energy, songs and everything about her. Another song from ESCZ 2022.

No. 3: Deloraine
We need another ethnic entry including Czech and Slavic languages. This band is great example of this type of music.

No. 2: MYDY
They should have won ESCZ 2024. But I also think they have better songs than "Red Flag Parade".

No. 1: GIUDI
Can we just internally select her? I wanted her to win ESCZ 2022. Ethnic song, great staging concept and vocals. Czech language included. Also, her style of music has changed, but I still hope, that she will make something similar to "Jezinky".

boyardor

Also, let´s give some advice to ESCZ team (even though they aren´t reading it):
- Select some songs with Czech language, because it works better
- If you are not able to have a great sound mixing, make the NF same as in 2022
- Post more behind the scenes and other stuff to your social media
- Don´t change your staging team
- Comunicate with the fans

jatojo

Czechia has brought some of my favourite Eurovision songs in recent years. And 2023 wasn't among them. Rather, I liked the songs from 2022 and 2024 a lot. I could be a bit worried that they'll go more for songs like My Sister's Crown because this was a bigger success than the other two.

nofuxCZ

In other news, Jan Bors (our former HoD) is stirring shit up on Twitter and showing once again he is full of himself and full of his bad takes. He is barely able to coherently express his points and even trying to make a buck out of it through paid subscription - as if his takes would be worth a cent? What an embarrasment. Can he just shut up finally?
This time he is even personally targetting ESCUnited's Gabe...

rasmuslights

Veteran
In other news, Jan Bors (our former HoD) is stirring shit up on Twitter and showing once again he is full of himself and full of his bad takes. He is barely able to coherently express his points and even trying to make a buck out of it through paid subscription - as if his takes would be worth a cent? What an embarrasment. Can he just shut up finally?
This time he is even personally targetting ESCUnited's Gabe...

I used to like him but he's lowkey crazy.

Etanna

Interesting that they have already taken a decision. I would think such decision would be coming much later. Doesn't sound too optimistic, yeah
Who makes this decision anyway? And to what extent can the recent change of the General Director play a role in this?

Since the government has been keen on raising the TB license fees, I have felt more certain that we will not withdraw because money should be less of a big deal. But I guess nothing's sure.

Also, do you think that in case we do withdraw, would it be possible for another broadcaster to take it up or does ČT have a monopoly on this which they are unlikely to give up?

HayashiM

Veteran
Oh come on, haven't we been targets of Ahmad's scary posts way too many times already? I realize any kind of publicity is considered good publicity, but I am not believing any alarming words from him anymore, until we have officially withdrawn.

And based on those costly pyro effects for this year's show, I think we are still in.

empo21

Veteran
I'll be sad to see Czechia withdraw. Their last 3 entries, especially, have been a breath of fresh air.

The decision being made on May 10 raises some flags for me, though. I wonder if there's more reasons to leave other than low interest and NQ.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think that :cz: were quite successfull (finishing #10 last year!) and they also almost qualified this edition.
Aiko had a great performance - dancers and pyro on stage... surely, it wasn't a low-budget performance.
I fail to see how a broadcaster pulls so much effort into this year whilst already deciding to withdraw next year?

It's not like Aiko and CT gave us a :ro: 2023 fiasco entry and performance.

HarryUK

Veteran
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed a lot of Czechia’s entries (especially 2022!) and it would be gutting to lose them just after they got their mojo back in the contest

But who can blame them, really? The EBU are a shambles and resignations needed to have happened by now.

Top Bottom