He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Best entry so far. After Benny, Barbara and the Roop (also Go_a) - these are the "supreme" entries.
entries that are fine and quite enjoyable, but nothing outstanding - Norway, Israel, Croatia
entries that I appreciate but are not really for my taste: Finland
entries that I will judge after a revamp: Albania
entries that belong into a trashcan - Germany

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Lady Gaga didn't invent europop but the similarities with her music here are quite clear. The whole thing comes off as kinda bland with a severe lack of identity that makes it difficult for me to want to dive in any deeper. As a song I find El Diablo just ok from the first few listens and not much more. I'm not crazy for the chorus but it's solid enough, if a little underwhelming. Verses are a smidge more interesting but Elena is doing mildly annoying things during them. "Hair flip flip made you look twice"... umm no. On paper the song promises quite a bit but doesn't deliver much my way at all.

I can only give :5: points. I don't dislike El Diablo but can already tell this is going to be massively overrated within the fandom. I hope some better hot pops come along. This one's far too plain. It's weird actually as the song does have some darker elements that match the title such as the small nursery rhyme sections, but these moments are surrounded by so much plastic that they're swallowed. Also, the product placement is perhaps the worst I've ever seen. It made me laugh as Elena randomly started squeezing Head & Shoulders into the palm of her hand in the middle of the pitch black room with no water to wash her hair with in sight.

crashworld

Veteran
On first listen, it's pretty disjointed. Not sure of the verses, bridge and the chorus actually flows that well. The chorus reminded me of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance in a way. I thought it's alright. Not sure how she is 'live'. Hopefully she is alright. She can either do a Eleni or a Tamta but I am leaning towards the latter.

The blatant product placement is a CHOICE. It's like they don't even bother to hide them and just want to shove them right into your face. It's so bad.

Giving this a 5 for now with potential to upgrade.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Also, the product placement is perhaps the worst I've ever seen. It made me laugh as Elena randomly started squeezing Head & Shoulders into the palm of her hand in the middle of the pitch black room with no water to wash her hair with in sight.
5a0f9b054b407a9c2ca7642b1e44e8bd_w200.gif

Journalist

I was excited about Cyprus, but for now I'm not so impressed.:rolleyes: I mean the entry is totally OK, but not something wow ( maybe after more listening it will rise in my list ).

VikingTiger

I really love the chorus!
I have a problem with verses.. Im not too fond of them, and that part with "Mamacita" .. But chorus is a killer really, it is so hot, melody of it is great! xheat
And yes this reminds of Lady GaGa a bit, but I don't have a problem with it.. Im a bit afraid of live rendition..
...Only reminds you of Lady Gaga A BIT? If I was only hearing the chorus I would gladly bet a day's pay that it was Lady Gaga herself singing... Both because of her voice and the beat.
I loved and still love Alejandro - and some of the other majors bangers of Lady Gaga. So like you I find the chorus damned hot!!! But the whispering... and the random spanish words.... dont seems to fit in.
And you are not the only one worried about the live vocals here...
But all in all - a big YES from me!!

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Not sure if I like it or not for now. It sounds to me a mixture of Lady GaGa, J-Lo, Dua Lipa and Ava Max. It's well-produced and it has potential to become a big hit. Who knows, it might grow on me in the end.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Y'know, this one's mildly enjoyable. It's certainly flawed (about the best thing I can say about the bridge is that it's over very, very quickly), and it's not the most interesting composition in the world, but it's a bit of fun and I'm glad it's here.

The product placement is also hilarious.

:7: points.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Female ✅
Upbeat ✅
Lady Gaga-esque ✅
Spread legs drop the puss on the floor ✅
Iconic Panik Records product placement ✅✅✅✅✅✅

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-19-02-23.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-19-04-55.png

There you have it, Head&Shoulders certified :12: from me

The company I work at places certain products in supermarket shelves. Head & Shoulders is one of them. Please don't tell me that in the next couple of months I'll have to place posters of Elena Tsangrinou washing her hair in all places possible. xstars xrofl

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Mixed feeling, i like but same time in chorus i hear only Bad Romance. Also i am not fun of mama mamacita lolololola smth is a bit off for me but in general good entry

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
The company I work at places certain products in supermarket shelves. Head & Shoulders is one of them. Please don't tell me that in the next couple of months I'll have to place posters of Elena Tsangrinou washing her hair in all places possible. xstars xrofl
When are you hiring me xheat xheat xheat find my CV in your DM xoxo

Top Bottom