14 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcatraz

Yes but stage presence and charisma had a lot to do with that plus originality.

Baby Lasagne has a lot to do to improve his camera work so he can convey stage presence and charisma, he is far from käärija's level atm.

Originality? Maybe? The jurors are different this year but Will probably be mostly pop experts. How many of them watched last year, and think this is too similar to cha cha cha (despite them being very different of course)
Lasagne? xfacepalm

Fluke

So, right now this is topping the odds.

I think it has an immediate appeal, almost everyone who hears it likes it to some extent, and the staging is really good, i'm sure it's all gonna make sense in the ESC whether they change it or not. Just don't see this doing super well with the juries, which Switzerland will, and the televoters might prefer it as well. It would be an okay winner though, really, but maybe not so likely as the odds would suggest.

Ezio

Veteran
the jury race would have to be very close and he has to be the outright landslide televote winner. because he would get a jury result not better than Keiino's. And he has to improve his live vocals and staging.

Destroyer

the jury race would have to be very close and he has to be the outright landslide televote winner. because he would get a jury result not better than Keiino's. And he has to improve his live vocals and staging.
Absolutely. But I believe he can deliver the goods!

Alcatraz

If Käärijä got 150 points, I don't see why Lasagna could not get a similar amount. ;)

Last edited:

Kentish

The reason Lasagna isn't getting 150 jury points is exactly because Kaarija got 150 jury points. It's a clear ripoff.

Likely tele winner, yes, but it can't win the actual contest unless they improve from Dora by unprecedented numbers.

I like him and wish him the best, but these are the facts.

Destroyer

The reason Lasagna isn't getting 150 jury points is exactly because Kaarija got 150 jury points. It's a clear ripoff.

Likely tele winner, yes, but it can't win the actual contest unless they improve from Dora by unprecedented numbers.

I like him and wish him the best, but these are the facts.
With all due respect, if we're discussing facts, please ensure you have the full story straight before making such claims again. The only reason Baby Lasagna and Kaarija are mentioned together is because their melodies bear a slight resemblance. However, beyond that similarity, everything else is distinctly different. So, it wouldn't be fair to label it as a ripoff, would it?

When considering Baby Lasagna's performances in the NF semi-finals and finals, it's important to note that what Baby Lasagna wears is part of a national wardrobe, unlike Kaarija's attire. Kaarija wore a bolero, whereas Baby Lasagna's outfit included sleeves, highlighting the clear distinction between the two.

Furthermore, the lyrical content of both songs is vastly different. While Kaarija's song revolves around carefree drinking, Baby Lasagna's focuses on the struggle of growing up and leaving home, depicting themes of homesickness and familial bonds. As someone who left home at 19, this resonates deeply with me.

Let's be clear—I admire Kaarija and his song, which even made it into my top 5 last year. However, I'm tired of the baseless accusations labeling Baby Lasagna as a ripoff of Kaarija. If anything, the real repetition lies with Finland this year, attempting a similar approach twice in a row, albeit with an inferior song.

Ted Talks

With all due respect, if we're discussing facts, please ensure you have the full story straight before making such claims again. The only reason Baby Lasagna and Kaarija are mentioned together is because their melodies bear a slight resemblance. However, beyond that similarity, everything else is distinctly different. So, it wouldn't be fair to label it as a ripoff, would it?

When considering Baby Lasagna's performances in the NF semi-finals and finals, it's important to note that what Baby Lasagna wears is part of a national wardrobe, unlike Kaarija's attire. Kaarija wore a bolero, whereas Baby Lasagna's outfit included sleeves, highlighting the clear distinction between the two.

Furthermore, the lyrical content of both songs is vastly different. While Kaarija's song revolves around carefree drinking, Baby Lasagna's focuses on the struggle of growing up and leaving home, depicting themes of homesickness and familial bonds. As someone who left home at 19, this resonates deeply with me.

Let's be clear—I admire Kaarija and his song, which even made it into my top 5 last year. However, I'm tired of the baseless accusations labeling Baby Lasagna as a ripoff of Kaarija. If anything, the real repetition lies with Finland this year, attempting a similar approach twice in a row, albeit with an inferior song.
If you're on about facts, your claim in bold is not true. People, including myself, have stated other reasons for the 'rip-off' or familiar feeling of Baby Lasagne's entry.

The way the song is presented, the vibe is gives off is all (to me) clearly inspired by Kaarija and how its trying to ride on the success of Cha Cha Cha - an accusation I've also levelled at Finland this year, Estonia and the Netherlands. WIthout that, I don't think those songs would be here this year. The influence is clear to see. It's more than just a similar melody.

Destroyer

If you're on about facts, your claim in bold is not true. People, including myself, have stated other reasons for the 'rip-off' or familiar feeling of Baby Lasagne's entry.

The way the song is presented, the vibe is gives off is all (to me) clearly inspired by Kaarija and how its trying to ride on the success of Cha Cha Cha - an accusation I've also levelled at Finland this year, Estonia and the Netherlands. WIthout that, I don't think those songs would be here this year. The influence is clear to see. It's more than just a similar melody.
Inspiration does not mean ripp-off but okay. I agree Kaarija clearly inspired a few artists. But I don't see that as an issue. The song still has it's own authenticity.

Ted Talks

The melody is not very similar at all. Inspiration does not mean rip-off. Similar energy, different song. Basta!
At no point have I said it’s a rip off - that’s why I put it in quote marks. I’ve always said copycat for what it’s worth. I just find it extremely similar in the way it’s sang and the general vibe. Of course they’re different songs, but from the same wheelhouse if you know what I mean.

The difference for me is that I liked Cha Cha Cha and don’t particularly like this. I don’t hate it like I do with the Dutch entry, but I’m not a fan.
Inspiration does not mean ripp-off but okay. I agree Kaarija clearly inspired a few artists. But I don't see that as an issue. The song still has its own authenticity.
Of course artists can be inspired by others - that’s what music is all about. I just don’t find this genuine at all. It comes across as a cynical attempt at aping Kaarija and his success.

You don’t think that, fair enough. I do though.

Kentish

You guys misinterpreted my message, which I don't blame you for. What I tried to say is that I don't think this has a shot in hell at 150 jury points is because Käärijä was unique - nothing like that had penetrated the ESC mainstream. He got FOURTH in jury voting despite amateurish perfo and not being able to sing at all. But now, we have multiple acts that are "following in Käärijä's footsteps" and that's undeniable when it comes to Croatia as well. One of the key metrics the juries grade songs on is authenticity and uniqueness. Käärijä had all that, but this one doesn't. It doesn't mean that it's the performers fault, those are big boots to fill. And this isn't even mentioning how much behind he is in charisma and the quality of the show.

The Dora performance would get maybe 20 jury points. A vastly improved version could get 100 but that's very generous and optimistic. There's no realistic path for this to actually win Eurovision, just like there isn't for Joost, either.

For what it's worth, I believe Croatia will easily win televoting and be the people's song of the year. But the final position in ESC will be closer to the guy in my avatar than victory.

Alcatraz

You guys misinterpreted my message, which I don't blame you for. What I tried to say is that I don't think this has a shot in hell at 150 jury points is because Käärijä was unique - nothing like that had penetrated the ESC mainstream. He got FOURTH in jury voting despite amateurish perfo and not being able to sing at all. But now, we have multiple acts that are "following in Käärijä's footsteps" and that's undeniable when it comes to Croatia as well. One of the key metrics the juries grade songs on is authenticity and uniqueness. Käärijä had all that, but this one doesn't. It doesn't mean that it's the performers fault, those are big boots to fill. And this isn't even mentioning how much behind he is in charisma and the quality of the show.

The Dora performance would get maybe 20 jury points. A vastly improved version could get 100 but that's very generous and optimistic. There's no realistic path for this to actually win Eurovision, just like there isn't for Joost, either.

For what it's worth, I believe Croatia will easily win televoting and be the people's song of the year. But the final position in ESC will be closer to the guy in my avatar than victory.
I still think Lasagna will get 150+ jury points. Bookmark this comment and feel free to laugh at me in May, if it turns out that I was wrong. ;)

Top Bottom