Contact us

Close or runaway winner?

Fluke

Do you think this year will have a runaway winner, or a close battle with the top 3-4 not differing much in score?

I think Switzerland may end up with a Portugal-like victory way ahead of the others, if they win. I don't even know what the runner-ups might be at this point, but if for some reason Switzerland doesn't win, i can see it being very close and unsure until the last second.

Antho

If Switzerland's performance is impactful enough, maybe. But Tout l'Univers really is something to sing live. Even by doing his best (and we know for sure he's good), I don't think Gjon will really be up to expectations. For now, I would say nothing's sure concerning the winner.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Nah, I think it will be pretty close. Not like 1988/1991/2003 levels of close but I can't see a runaway winner at this point.

Ianp16

The thing is, it doesn't really matter anymore if there is a huge or small points margin because of the way the final points are given. Unless you're excellent at maths or it's a 2017 Portugal landslide situation, it's hard to know who is going to win it. I miss the old days when the points were announced bit by bit. Guess I'm getting old!

Last edited:

94ayd

The thing is, it doesn't really matter anymore if there is a huge or small points margin anymore because of the way the final points are given. Unless you're excellent at maths or it's a 2017 Portugal landslide situation, it's hard to know who is going to win it. I miss the old days when the points were announced bit by bit. Guess I'm getting old!

Ezio

Veteran
I think Norway will run away with this.

midnightsun

Veteran
I hope it won’t be that close because I hate the 2016 and 2019 results, very unfair, although I really love Arcade. It didn’t feel right.

Ezio

Veteran
I hope it won’t be that close because I hate the 2016 and 2019 results, very unfair, although I really love Arcade. It didn’t feel right.

I also hate when neither televote nor jury winner win the contest, but I hate even more, when the jury blocks the runaway televote winner.

Grinch

Agreed. Although what it really didn't feel right to me in 2019 was Duncan winning neither jury nor televote yet ending up 1st place due to differences of those 2 xexcuseme

Top Bottom