Contact us

Bulgaria BULGARIA 2024 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Given the quality of their recent entries, let's just hope their absence from the contest derives from the lack of sponsoring/money instead of the lack of interest or being bitter about a few rainbow flags or seeing one of 40 countries win which is not spelled Bulgaria.

Realest

I miss New-Bulgaria (2016-2020).

Mainshow

Veteran
Apart from one entry, Bulgaria had been quite a great addition to Eurovision before they left.
As a fan, I would be really pleased to see them join us again.

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Apart from one entry, Bulgaria had been quite a great addition to Eurovision before they left.
As a fan, I would be really pleased to see them join us again.

Ironic really, because aside from Poli i disliked/hated all their entries as over calculated and soulless. I much preferred their flop era entries, because they at least felt more authentic. To me anyway.

Edit: that said it would be great if they are back.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ironic really, because aside from Poli i disliked/hated all their entries as over calculated and soulless. I much preferred their flop era entries, because they at least felt more authentic. To me anyway.

Edit: that said it would be great if they are back.

I can feel you - even though I think that 2017, 2018 were impressive, I think they really add more flavour to the contest prior their "comeback". Nothing in this world will top their 2012 entry for me. Sofi Marinova should have qualified - it's still one of the biggest Eurovision crimes (especially since she got the same amount of points as Tooji).

Victoria, however, has been quite authentic to me - it was the perfect combination of being emotional (I wouldn't call her entries soulless) whilst being competitive (and somehow "calculated to perform well").

Anyway, they have to be back.

rasmuslights

Veteran
btw, I asked someone from the previous delegation (2020-2021) and he confirmed to me that the account on Twitter is legit and official. So I doubt they are trolling.

soulm8

Some exciting news I would say. I’m sure Viki will be back with a BOP. And she for sure can deliver!

Mainshow

Veteran
Victoria has such a great voice - she can sing emotional ballads as well as up-tempo tracks. Her recent output has been quite amazing, tbh.

If she's really about to give it another try and even bring back a whole country to Eurovision, I will be deliriously happy.

Realest

She is no Bop-Singer. Hoping for an emotional, powerful Ballad.

soulm8

She is no Bop-Singer. Hoping for an emotional, powerful Ballad.
It was during the saddest period of her life. She will serve a BOP in my opinion. And she actually is pretty impressive lately.

Top Bottom