18 9.3%

12 6.2%

14 7.2%

16 8.2%

10 5.2%

39 20.1%

• Total voters

Citelis

Sorry, but this was horrible! Bad voice, bad staging and he looked afraid!

Juliette

I loved the song. Not in the semis :( Poor lad seemed so excited when it was done, lol. As was I, for him.

DutchESC

I love this song so much, but the performance yesterday was really bad. He was so nervous, to the point I felt bad for him and felt awkward watching his performance.

Brandt

I blame the cheap performance for failing. I mean, it was really cheap.

mauve

Veteran
It wasn't the performance itself, I think. He really couldn't sing, didn't hit any notes. But he was singing like this in all live performances. My hope was he would improve, but he didn't.

A-lister

Veteran
One of the worst performances, but did we expect better? Omg the guy was sooo nervous though, if he knew he was shaking he should have just dropped that stupid rose, yeah it wouldn't go with what they rehearsed, but it just made it clearer he was a complete nerve-wreck on stage because they zoomed in a lot on his shaking hand holding this rose.

mauve

Veteran
One of the worst performances, but did we expect better? Omg the guy was sooo nervous though, if he knew he was shaking he should have just dropped that stupid rose, yeah it wouldn't go with what they rehearsed, but it just made it clearer he was a complete nerve-wreck on stage because they zoomed in a lot on his shaking hand holding this rose.

Though I wasn't sure if the shaking Hand was part of the performance or for real. But guess, the second.

Realest

A-lister

Veteran

This! Alekseev and his team bought a national selection with a song that had already been performed prior the eligibility rules, so I guess it's karma that it failed... but sad that we wouldn't get THIS instead! I guess Belarus learned a lesson for next year!

tararaaam

This was a creepy and way too cheesy performance. His vocals were really improved from the national final tho, and poor guy, he was shaking.

AlekS

Veteran
His producer (he's his art director too) liked such FB posts few hours ago:

"Some clowns with backpacks & guitars qualified, but not Alekseev!"

"Screw this pseudocontest".

:lol:

ps. This man stopped being Ukrainian for me when after that switch to Belarus he called West Ukrainians a nazis. No idea about Alekseev but I guess he's ok with that. Judging from the recent post I guess they will concentrate on the Russian market, thankfully :lol:

Milos-BC

The song itself was very lacking but the performance was one of te weakest ones in the first semi. It was just....really bad + he was shaking all the time and it was very uncomfortable to watch him. Deserved elimination.

kayak

i was surprised, that this song was in slow tempo, but far from good. Plus for camera shoot with red rose!

Lindon

Funny. This song was tonight the musical underscore for "The night of the roses" in the German tv show "Bachelorette". Very fitting.

AlekS

Veteran
producer (he's his art director too)
And his new TV show has just been closed in less than a month after its premiere :lol: due to poor TV ratings.
If he hates Ukraine so much why is he still here xthink maybe he should move out with his "outstanding" work where it's more appreciated... Russia or Azerbaijan for instance.

Mainshow

Veteran
12 pts - was my favourite and I am still a bit pissed off that it didn't qualify. The semi final he competed in was a bloodbath but still, the song still got its fans and he is a well-established artist with a beautiful and very distinctive voice.
Also, I think that the performance wasn't creepy at all. Of course, it was cheesy as hell but also very theatrical and I do like it when a few entries get their lyrics portrayed in joyful and diverse imagery on stage (see Azerbaijan 2017)

Top Bottom