The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

Wait
I need some time to fix this can't you wait ?
We can't afford to miss this
You back off slowly through the door
You always go and blame the weather
The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

We're living in a memory
The present is the price I pay
Fade to black
Fade to black

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black​

Skrzeczk

His TV-Debacle from the Semis.

He did a bit better than Claudia Fanello and Paenda at least.
Without Serbia and North Macedonia in this semi-final he would do better than Vladana. Breathe was last everywhere except for #1 in :rs:, #2 in :mk: and #17 in :es:. Very strange that he got 0 points from Georgia in the SF, but 3 in the GF.

I don't like this song. I think that lyrics are cliche, musically is not really interesting, I don't like the staging and singing long "nuuuuumb" really irritates me, tho he is a really great vocalist. I don't know, why juries gave 103 to this song, but ok, I should respect the results.

Last edited:

Realest

FT6epAPX0AAJjRm

Ezio

Veteran
The power of juries is ridiculous. Even with 0 televoting points they basically decide the qualifiers. They should get 20 votes each per juror and not rank all songs from 1 to 18, because I don't see how this song from Azerbaijan could qualify in a non-ranked voting scenario. It's such a beige filler song that leaves me ice-cold.

Ezio

Veteran
I have to give this song a massive upgrade. Since June 4, I am so hooked on this song. Fcuk it, 12 points and bye.

However, I get why this was such a televote flop - same old story

Too dark, too gloomy, too depressing, the audience always puts these songs down, always, sorry. It's for the cinema to emphasize a dramatic moment but not for the radio nor a song contest.

musicfan

The staging hurt it and likely the running order which was one of the worst the 'experts' have done. He can lie down and sing...I don't think that wowed that audience.

midnightsun

Veteran
Agreed. I love the song, it is in my top 3 this year, and Nadir is an awesome singer!

But the live version didn’t impress me much, which wasn’t Nadir‘s fault. The staging was lame and the beige clothes- really? Understatement is not a good idea in Eurovision when you basically have to stand out to make it. The messy hair did him no favour as well. Also, there were technical issues during his semi-final performance. The audio was horrible.

However, it really wasn’t that bad and I’m surprised that only a few telepoints came in. I spent about half my votes on him and were sad to learn he did so badly in the televote. Poor Nadir!

musicfan

Agreed. I love the song, it is in my top 3 this year, and Nadir is an awesome singer!

But the live version didn’t impress me much, which wasn’t Nadir‘s fault. The staging was lame and the beige clothes- really? Understatement is not a good idea in Eurovision when you basically have to stand out to make it. The messy hair did him no favour as well. Also, there were technical issues during his semi-final performance. The audio was horrible.

However, it really wasn’t that bad and I’m surprised that only a few telepoints came in. I spent about half my votes on him and were sad to learn he did so badly in the televote. Poor Nadir!
My main thought in the performance was 'I hope he doesn't fall down!'. I can't have been the only one.

Of course the song itself is easily one of the best ballads this year. The instrumental wasn't that amazing imo, but the way the vocal melody wandered around was interesting and not totally predictable like you sometimes get.

midnightsun

Veteran
The stairway was not very creative, that’s one thing, we already saw moving stairs last year, but it also distracts the artists from singing safely because I believe there is a lot of tension to get everything right and not fall down, like you said.

Top Bottom