17 5.5%

9 2.9%

17 5.5%

9 2.9%

8 2.6%

40 13.0%

• Total voters

DeepInsidePaulOscar

I don't mind this song.It's ok,nothing special to me. I'd have it as background music. Bit of a shock winner,imo (but I don't mind that it won - I can see/hear why others like it).

5 pts.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Ell & Nikki won the 'Person of the Year 2011 Award' in Azerbaijan for promoting their country and culture throughout Europe.

rajo

I think this belongs to the "undeserved winners" category. They sang out of tune, had no chemistry, and no authenticity.
What bothers me most was the Turkish flag Nikki waved after being declared winners. That was a slap in the face!
It doesn't take an educated guess to figure out that Azerbaijan could not have won with Turkey in the final.

Well, that's history now....

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's probably my least favorite winner in 10 years but majority rules. it set a new record for lowest average score on a Eurovision winner and it didn't perform well on the charts at ll. It certainly won't go down in ESC history as a memorable winner.

But it was a weak year (song wise) overall which explains the spread out/random results. Of course this is nothing against the winning nation, it's great watching a country win the contest that has never won and gives us the opportunity to learn more about a country most people haven't even heard of.

KeucFan

I liked the song last year, not as the winner, but I was definately dissapointed by Nikki's singing. And I hated her attitude at the end, acting like a amazing singer, who deserved the victory so much. But that just my opinion :) But what's with that Turkey flag waving at the end? :eek:

sapsan

Honestly I wanted another winner 2011 before the Final. Then I changed my opinion. It was a great year and we got a great winner. I didn't expect that victory but now I think and know. This is the best Eurovision winner personally for me and the best song I like from Eurovision and I'm listening it now with great pleasure. Thank you Azerbaijan for such beautiful song. This year we have not something like this/

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Honestly I wanted another winner 2011 before the Final. Then I changed my opinion. It was a great year and we got a great winner. I didn't expect that victory but now I think and know. This is the best Eurovision winner personally for me and the best song I like from Eurovision and I'm listening it now with great pleasure. Thank you Azerbaijan for such beautiful song. This year we have not something like this/

Before the semi-final this was my 7th favourite, after the semi it became my favourite and I was happy this song won :mrgreen:

Celia

If Azerbaijan ever deserved victory, it was with Sabina's song (and still not a winner IMO)
Bosnia, Germany and Italy were better but we can't always like the winner, can we?
What I don´t like about this entry is the lack of complicity, Ell and Nikki just don't match.

Since semi finals are here with us, and EBU allows more than 30 country... This country is the winner with lowest points.. This shows how this didn't deserve to be a winner.....

Poor Sabina... she competed in wrong year.. With ''When The Music Dies'' she'd win in 2011 with more than 270 points.

Kryptonite

I liked the song back in DMGP and I still like it. However, I thought that they'll change it a little bit, but it sounds pretty much the same.

Oh, and another thing. Karen looks so fake (while singing) in this video. :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Eldar's new song "I'm free"

Stay alive
Holding on to survive
After all I’m feeling alive
I’m the only one tonight
Music takes me high
Keeps on leading me to the light
Baby, baby please tell me why