Contact us

Australia AUSTRALIA 2024 - Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

How do you rate this entry?

5 4.0%

4 3.2%

9 7.3%

13 10.5%

10 8.1%

20 16.1%

18 14.5%

17 13.7%

13 10.5%

4 3.2%

11 8.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

rasmuslights

Veteran
Just send someone established.

I'd also be fine with Jaguar Jonze or Didirri. They both have great music.

Loindici

Veteran
Will we hear any news about the extension of their special contract? IiRC, it was supposed to end in 2023, hence my concern.

Preuss

Just send someone established.

I'd also be fine with Jaguar Jonze or Didirri. They both have great music.

I think it was pretty clear this year that SBS aimed for someone who had the financial backing to put on a great show, and they succeeded in that xthink So question is if SBS will renew their contract since I think the funds they have aren’t that great

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think it was pretty clear this year that SBS aimed for someone who had the financial backing to put on a great show, and they succeeded in that xthink So question is if SBS will renew their contract since I think the funds they have aren’t that great

True. Western Australia basically paid for their participation so... Who knows.

CPV4931

Will we hear any news about the extension of their special contract? IiRC, it was supposed to end in 2023, hence my concern.
Voyager mentioned it sometimes in Liverpool, but tbh I am quite sure that Australia will become permanent member of Eurovision

aeon

They should hurry up and tell us if we (Australia) are still welcome as participants or join the 'Rest Of The World'.

aeon

I want young people in ESC not established artists, even that I enjoyed our older experienced performers like Kate Miller-Heidke and Voyager.
In this years ESC we had great artists of very young age. Alessandra and Alika just 20, more over born the same day, Dilja, Remo, Noa, Brunette at 21, Teya 22..............That is such a joy to see young people thrive.

Let them organize a seniors eurovision if they want but ESC should be for under 35s. I say that as an old age person.

If Australia is invited again, send someone young and not with a ballad or pop song.

Get rid of our jurors if there are juries at all. Australia's jury did not judge independently, they had Belgium at places 1 1 1 3 2. That is not possible without rigging.

Loindici

Veteran
I want young people in ESC not established artists, even that I enjoyed our older experienced performers like Kate Miller-Heidke and Voyager.
In this years ESC we had great artists of very young age. Alessandra and Alika just 20, more over born the same day, Dilja, Remo, Noa, Brunette at 21, Teya 22..............That is such a joy to see young people thrive.

Let them organize a seniors eurovision if they want but ESC should be for under 35s. I say that as an old age person.

If Australia is invited again, send someone young and not with a ballad or pop song.

Get rid of our jurors if there are juries at all. Australia's jury did not judge independently, they had Belgium at places 1 1 1 3 2. That is not possible without rigging.

I feel there are young talents willing to participate. The Australian NFs have proven this. It's just a matter of whether SBS/the public will select them.

Mainshow

Veteran
Eurovision is and should still be a family show (it can still attract more younger viewers, etc.) and therefore, artists of all ages, genders and background should be welcome!

I fail to see how an artist aged 36 shouldn't be competing.
You know that Loreen just won the competition whilst being 39? (Gustaph also finished Top 10 despite being older than 40?).

Fluke

So... no news at all? Is Australia staying?

simori95

I am still hoping for a Charley comeback to be honest, Suck at being lonely touched me deeply and she is such a great live singer. Her other music was a bit less my taste though, so I hope she would come back with something a bit more akin to SABL.

Obviously someone outside of the AD sphere can also be great though, I am just not overly familiar with the Australian music scene.

Mrlazzyjazzy

It could be a while off before its announced. I remember we were confirmed after Guy in November that year lol

Amber Isabel

First off all the signs are saying we are coming back this year. We have had success, we always financially back our artists (even if it is not always fully from our broadcaster), our music industry needs it, SBS needs it for viewers and engagement, the fans need it and so does the EBU because of lobbying and participation fees and all of that. There is very little chance of us not returning.

And anyway as for who I'd want us to send honestly anyone. Whether it is a young, rising talent or someone who is already well-established, I just want someone good to represent us. Preferably someone in a genre we have never done before. We have a big indie music scene over here so maybe sending someone like Pacific Avenue would be good or sending Baker Boy or even an artist that actually shows their indigenous heritage through their music which is something we have been missing. Also, Electric Fields would be cool as well, mixing modern with ethnic in a really palatable way. Also, someone who makes good ballads such as Jaguar Jonze, Vanessa Amarosi, Charley etc. Or a rock song but I don't know any specific artist I'd want if we were to send that. Just as long as its a good entry I am fine with whatever path we choose whether it is an internal selection or national selection.

Mrlazzyjazzy

You know who would be cool, Sneaky Sound System. They haven't released new music in a while but they're still touring and they have delivered some absolute bangers.

Mainshow

Veteran
First off all the signs are saying we are coming back this year. We have had success, we always financially back our artists (even if it is not always fully from our broadcaster), our music industry needs it, SBS needs it for viewers and engagement, the fans need it and so does the EBU because of lobbying and participation fees and all of that. There is very little chance of us not returning.

And anyway as for who I'd want us to send honestly anyone. Whether it is a young, rising talent or someone who is already well-established, I just want someone good to represent us. Preferably someone in a genre we have never done before. We have a big indie music scene over here so maybe sending someone like Pacific Avenue would be good or sending Baker Boy or even an artist that actually shows their indigenous heritage through their music which is something we have been missing. Also, Electric Fields would be cool as well, mixing modern with ethnic in a really palatable way. Also, someone who makes good ballads such as Jaguar Jonze, Vanessa Amarosi, Charley etc. Or a rock song but I don't know any specific artist I'd want if we were to send that. Just as long as its a good entry I am fine with whatever path we choose whether it is an internal selection or national selection.

Apart from neglecting Samantha Jade's incredible talent, your post was spot on!

Mrlazzyjazzy

Considering their is no platforms for Aussie artists anymore like Neighbours back in the day and Voyager were able to do a Europe tour over their participation it would make sense for us to keep going.

Top Bottom