So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon

I think you should be proud of Sheldon regardless of the outcome. It’s a better entry than Isaiah, Jess, Montaigne (poor girl) at least. Like I feel this one is closer to Guy, Dami and Kate

Let’s hope for a top ten in the end though xpray one of the best messages in Eurovision ever, and I really believe in what he’s singing. I find the face mask reveal so effective, especially because I was a Hannah Montana fan in my younger days (of the show) and watching her take off her wig in the movie was such a beautiful moment

Please don't mention Jessica. We all have things we're ashamed of. lol

NeoTen

It's a really touching song. Some people in Turin made an interesting remark; he could've showed a led screen with clips showing his youth or actors acting out his lyrics. Looking at a mask does scare some people off.

Last edited:

Simon

It's a really touching song. Some people in Turin made a intering remarkl; he could've showed a led screen with clips showing his youth or actors acting out his lyrics. Looking at a mask does scare some people off.

It''s a beautiful face actually, but we don't see it soon enough. Love Nederlands!

grazy2266

This took me a while to get into, first listen I didn't enjoy it, but now I really like the song. Problem is an awful lot of people will be hearing it for the first time tonight, although I think it will cleverly stand out and top 15 I think is on the cards.

midnightsun

Veteran
He is amazing. But I see why a younger audience might not fall for this. It's an overdramatic ballad which happened a lot in the 90s/2000s and while I enjoy this kind of ballad (however, I'm 43) a part of the audience nowadays prefers modern ballads like Arcade, Hold me closer, River.
He can be very proud. He is the best vocalist this year, maybe Ochman is on par, but great voices are not for everyone.
I will vote for him tonight but I don’t know if this helps him to get a top 10 result. Crossing my fingers, for me he is one of the best tonight! Go Sheldon!

Gitte

He is amazing. But I see why a younger audience might not fall for this. It's an overdramatic ballad which happened a lot in the 90s/2000s and while I enjoy this kind of ballad (however, I'm 43) a part of the audience nowadays prefers modern ballads like Arcade, Hold me closer, River.
He can be very proud. He is the best vocalist this year, maybe Ochman is on par, but great voices are not for everyone.
I will vote for him tonight but I don’t know if this helps him to get a top 10 result. Crossing my fingers, for me he is one of the best tonight! Go Sheldon!
Shit, must change my birthyear from 2001 to 1971.

midnightsun

Veteran
I didn’t say all younger people dislike it. But if you read (here and on social media) many, mostly younger people, think this is too overdramatic.

Kaz

Randomly, our only 2 televote points in the final came from Azerbaijan of all places?! Not even Denmark or Iceland. Maybe Australia will be put in the Eastern European Pot when they're drawing the semi finals next year, especially since our only televote points last year came from Ukraine and Russia iirc :lol: (I mean technically we are the furthest east out of any country participating)

Preuss

The nordics barely gave him jury points too, rip

He didn’t do that bad with the public in the semi so he got buried in the running order. Could’ve perhaps gotten a bit more and not completely flop…

Anyway be proud, I loved this performance! xlove

Preuss

Oh he was actually 2nd in the semi. Safe to say it didn’t hold water in the final. I was worried that would happen to Greece tbh

LakZaNokte

Those 2 televote points hit me in the head like a brick.

Was hoping for a better result. Still remains fantastic performance.

Preuss

I'm disappointed in the jury, he deserved better than that. He should have been able to match Isaiah's 4th position with the juries, he was much a better vocalist and had better stage presence and overall performance than him.

It's two different years though. I did have the hope he could get a bit more from the juries and maybe something around 50 points to bring home a solid result. It did well in the semi so it was an entry that clearly suffered from a bigger and more competitive field + being buried in between Sweden and UK where it just couldn't stand out to at least not completely flop with the televote

Mrlazzyjazzy

I'm hoping we go back to internal selection. I mean choices were limited this year considering our weak selection for Australia Decides, our poor results with our last two entries (Montaigne imo would've still not qualified even if she was there in person) - I just can't see many acts jumping to participate next year if we do another Australia Decides.

Top Bottom