7 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
what-were-you-thinking.gif

Why does it turn into rafal brzozowski's The Ride towards the end of the song that's my question

Weirdly enough, this was the only part of the new version I kind of didn't mind. I guess it worked somewhat for me as the song finally had a much needed burst of energy for a few seconds, as weird as it was.

Everything has been turned down several notches. The chorus melody thankfully is still intact and it's beautiful, but it's been diluted, losing the big swirling sound of the original. The English lyrics just don't flow with the rhythm of the song as nicely (I like when she sings "ricochet" though xLO). The second verse... good grief the second verse. That bit upsets me the most as I loved how bouncy almost in a cheeky way it was in the original. It sounds kind of lacklustre now.

This is their worst revamp for me by far as I really cared about the entry. At least with Fairytale we weren't losing much and Shaj was from our cursed year anyway so whatever. Zemrën N’dorë was my 2nd favourite entry of the year with quite a gap behind it. This was a ballad that was so distinctively Albanian (as pretty much all their entries) and you just can't fiddle around with melodies like this. It never works. Could have simply done a tasteful touch up a la Ktheju tokës or Suus.

Gosh, I'm so disappointed. Titan will be nowhere near my top unless my ears somehow fall off in the next few weeks and I forget this change ever happened. My tinnitus has been bad lately so never say never.

Mainshow

Veteran
Down to :2:
Worst Albanian entry since 2016 (and I voted for them in 2019, 2021 and 2023).

Best got a great voice but she sounds muted somehow. I miss the mesmerising harmonies from the backing singers and I had to laugh at how trashy, chaotic, cheap and out of place the last chorus sounds now.
She backed down on the rap verse now as well.
It feels dated, bland and non-competitive all of a sudden. I wish they would be stronger and we would be getting a more dramatic ballad (especially since we're lacking some good ballads this year).

Every time :al: revamps their entries in English, they make it worse (2009/2010 were exceptions, but they butchered 2024, 2022, 2017, 2016, 2014).

crashworld

Veteran
Wow, the revamp kind of stripped off the Albanian identity that one would expect from their entries.
Though the production sounds a little cheap, but I don't mind it that much.
The change of melody at the end sort of threw me off, stuck out like a sore thumb for the wrong reasons.
The revamp didn't massively elevate the song nor did it destroyed the song. It is just different.
My original rating for the song remains.

empo21

Veteran
At least she's serving looks

I don't mind the last part if they can stage it well, but the lyrics clunky.

MooseShoes

I just miss the mooing if I am honest
We'd already lost cats in the NF season and now the cows too! :cry:

We'd better form a 24-hour patrol to keep Isaak's elephants safe from unscrupulous ivory poachers...

nudiecrudi

I like more this version that the one in albanian. At least it has a good production and somehow all the parts of the songs are well connected. Many of you are complaining about this choice but guys be realistic. With the albanian version she was last in the odds, second to last in the My EurovisionScoreboard so why not trying to mix the things a bit. She has nothing to loose,
She did loose that albanian flavour? Yes she did but most of us didnt liked that version too.

Datura

oh no this lost all the (little) spark it had for me. definitely liked the albanian version and live arrangement more

randajad

Veteran
I don't mind the instrumentation, and the slickness of it all, it is still a fine tune, but she dropped Albanian lyrics for this secondary school ass report text???

Lance Esgard

Wow! That's p!ss-poor!

Many things are confusing me, but three stand out...

1. "I'm a Titan in this guy's..." This guy's what?
2. What's with the simile, "like a Titan, I'll be brave?"
3. Why in some parts of the video does it look like Besa has been shrunk and she's lying in a dog bowl while dog biscuits are poured on and around her?
I have an answer for number one! As I hear it, the lyric isn't 'I'm a Titan in this guy's...' but 'I'm a Titan in disguise,' and that at least makes for a complete sentence.

I also have an answer for number three in that it looks like what she was going for was for that bathtub to be linked to the imagery of chains seen elsewhere in the video.

mauve

Veteran
I usually never like revamps and it stays that way. All the beauty is gone tbh. Not that I loved the song immensely before (I gave it a 6), but the revamp lost all the unique things. But since Albania was really down in the odds I think they needed it to change in some way. I won't change my :6:, but it is for the Albanian version, not for the revamp.

njdevils94

Veteran
Yeah this a de-vamp. :( Not bad as the Eneda disaster in 2016 but some very clunky English. Titan in disguise is alright but some of the other english phrases don't worke for me. The rap seems to weaker now as well all that might change in Malmo.

Fluke

Not much to say here. I don't think final is very likely for this, or well deserved, but Albania's been on a streak of making it with mediocre entries lately, so maybe.

Does anyone find it funny that the three entries just released - Albania, Israel and Georgia - have very similar videos, especially the performance of the singer in them? It's like they were directed on short notice by the same crew, or everyone's just dead set that videos for this type of song has to look a certain way, right now.

Top Bottom