Contact us

2024 Winner predictions

ayzelto

First of all, I would love to have all 37 songs and do not have a clear winner. Since 2018, the winner has always been quite clear, although at the moment (and as I said before), I think Ukraine is the one again. The song is good enough to get enough jury points, and we all know how the televote is going to be with Ukraine once again.

From the national selections, I can't really see any winner potential in any of them. Croatia and the Baby Lasagna (who is going to win for sure) will be far from winning the jury vote. Lithuania has a good shot with Luktelk, but far away from winning the whole thing as well. What remains on the table? The internal selections. The UK can be one of them (although I was not fully convinced by the snippet). Then we have Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus... we don't know anything about these countries, so nothing is decided yet.

Some people see France as a contender. Maybe it's my personal taste, but that would be the most unoriginal winner in a long time in my opinion. I also don't see Italy winning the whole thing, for me there's something missing that screams winning potential. Then Israel won't win for obvious reasons (I am afraid many juries won't give points to them regardless of the song, and Europe in general doesn't seem to be very happy with all that's going on, so they can be blanked out).

And Australia? They have been close to winning before, but they will need something very powerful to win the televoter's attention, as we have seen with the course of the years that televoters do not seem to be very fond of Australia.

Can Sweden win again? Maybe. That has happened in the past (Ireland x3), so I don't see why not again.

Summing up, I literally have no idea with only 14 songs having been released. But for now, for me it's clearly Ukraine.

crashworld

Veteran
Can we cancel the whole thing and just hand the trophy to :it:? LOL.

I am getting more and more bored with this edition with every song that has been selected and released thus far.
Looking at the rest of the countries, I have no high hopes. Hopefully, :az:, :au:, :pl:, :ch: and :il: can surprise me.

DirtyFalcon

People also called :fr: and :es: possible winners last year and we know how that turned out in the end…

I don't know about Spain but for France, every single year there is always a part of the community who says we are going to win (or they say we have a chance) but most of these years, our final result is between 12th to 16th (except 2021 and 2022). At this point, I wouldn't be far from thinking that this is a conspiracy theory and that people just intentionnally lie, so our countries are disappointed and intend to withdraw the year after. I know i'm exaggerating intentionnally, but why people need to do this every single year ? I haven't seen that for other countries. It creates fake hopes in fans and just ruin the experience in the end when the result comes.

gigi_copp3

I don't know about Spain but for France, every single year there is always a part of the community who says we are going to win (or they say we have a chance) but most of these years, our final result is between 12th to 16th (except 2021 and 2022). At this point, I wouldn't be far from thinking that this is a conspiracy theory and that people just intentionnally lie, so our countries are disappointed and intend to withdraw the year after. I know i'm exaggerating intentionnally, but why people need to do this every single year ? I haven't seen that for other countries. It creates fake hopes in fans and just ruin the experience in the end when the result comes.
I think it's not a conspiration theory, but for Spain, I'm pretty sure it's Spanish eurofans' fault. Every year there are lots and lots of Spanish eurofans claiming they're gonna win... I had the feeling that Eaea would have flopped badly, but when I expressed my doubts on that entry last year, I was addressed as "someone who doesn't understand art". This year Zorra is even weaker, but someone thinks they're gonna get a good result. I think they'll end top 20 if everything goes well.
As for France, La Zarra had some potential to clinching at least the top 3, the staging was awesome, but the vocals were surprisingly underwhelming.

aef

:es: cliché eurofans are the most annoying, desperate fans. They are always so convinced of their entry even though it's a safe bottom 5 entry most of the time. I also got a lot of hate last year when I told them that their entry will be at the bottom of the ranking. :fr: in general is also a country with very strong national pride, if not the country with the strongest national pride in Europe. That's one of the many reason why many people from the rest of Europe are - let's say it in a nice way - not too keen on :fr:/ French people. Don't get me wrong, there are always some very nice and kind people in every country, but it just is what it is... :fr: is also a 100% convinced that their language is the best and most beautiful one and therefore every song will be loved by everyone, no matter what. But that's just not the case...

When it comes to Eurovision :es: and :fr: songs are often just not good ! Just compare it to :it:. They somehow manage to serve us a new song approach every year. They go from pop-opera, to pop-rap, to rock, to classic ballad, to upbeat. And it's somehow always a strong song with high quality. And let's be honest, :it: is also a very popular country in most parts of Europe. Talking about :fr: on the other side, they send very cliché songs without any fresh element very often, like this year and last year.

empo21

Veteran
We have half the entries and the closest thing to winner vibes for me is :it:

I'm keeping an eye on :gr: because it looks like they might be cooking something good. My expectations for the other internal selections are low. I don't think :il: can win this year and Wild West is not strong enough to win for :is: either.

I might even put :hr: as a country with potential if Baby Lasagna's song sounds good live. :rs:'s selection has some entries with potential, too.

aef

We have half the entries and the closest thing to winner vibes for me is :it:

I'm keeping an eye on :gr: because it looks like they might be cooking something good. My expectations for the other internal selections are low. I don't think :il: can win this year and Wild West is not strong enough to win for :is: either.

I might even put :hr: as a country with potential if Baby Lasagna's song sounds good live. :rs:'s selection has some entries with potential, too.
Where on earth do you see potential winning songs in the :rs: selection?

ayzelto

:es: cliché eurofans are the most annoying, desperate fans. They are always so convinced of their entry even though it's a safe bottom 5 entry most of the time. I also got a lot of hate last year when I told them that their entry will be at the bottom of the ranking. :fr: in general is also a country with very strong national pride, if not the country with the strongest national pride in Europe. That's one of the many reason why many people from the rest of Europe are - let's say it in a nice way - not too keen on :fr:/ French people. Don't get me wrong, there are always some very nice and kind people in every country, but it just is what it is... :fr: is also a 100% convinced that their language is the best and most beautiful one and therefore every song will be loved by everyone, no matter what. But that's just not the case...

When it comes to Eurovision :es: and :fr: songs are often just not good ! Just compare it to :it:. They somehow manage to serve us a new song approach every year. They go from pop-opera, to pop-rap, to rock, to classic ballad, to upbeat. And it's somehow always a strong song with high quality. And let's be honest, :it: is also a very popular country in most parts of Europe. Talking about :fr: on the other side, they send very cliché songs without any fresh element very often, like this year and last year.
I think it's just a matter of perspective. It's true that both Spanish and French people are generally quite nationalist (though that's not the case for me, to be honest). When you mention that Italy is a very popular country in most parts of Europe, it's interesting to note that the two most visited countries in the world are France and Spain. But that's another topic. We are talking about music, aren't we?

I partly agree with what you say about Spanish fans being hardcore no matter what we send. I agree that Spain (and also France) in Eurovision hasn't been particularly successful, and the failures they have had have been (most of the times) deserved. What bothers me the most is the resentment that some users in this forum have towards Spain, for example. I don't know if this feeling is against the songs (last year it was a clear example, I don't know how many times I heard "this song is shit" "she is like a cat in pain", among others -and as a reminder, Spain was 17th out of 26 last year-), the Spanish fandom, or the country as a whole. Sometimes I read some comments that make me doubt.

By that, I mean that the intensity comes from many sides, no matter where these people are from. I think that sometimes we lose sight of respect and don't realise it, and it's something that we all need to improve.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think it's possible we've heard the winning song, but not yet seen a winning performance of that song. I feel like :it:, :ua:, :no:, :lt:, and :ee: all could win if they adapt their presentation appropriately. Out of the songs we only have studio cuts for, :hr: Rim Dim Tagi Tim and :rs: Novo, Bolje fall in a similar boat. IF they win the selection, IF they have a great live, IF they have killer staging, etc.

(Wild West, if Iceland decides to go to ESC, probably does well but doesn't win. Same with Israel if they don't withdraw. Nobody would want that conflict to produce a winner, so soon after Ukraine's victory in 2022.)

If it's not one of these, it's one of the internals i guess. (but probably not :be: or :uk:)

Last edited:

lasse braun

:ee:xqueenbitch

gigi_copp3

Between all the "joke entries", I think the only one with a Kaarija potential is Baby Lasagna's. We have to see him live though

Loindici

Veteran
Where on earth do you see potential winning songs in the :rs: selection?
To be honest, PZE has a legitimately good collection of songs. Ramonda has the best potential out of all, followed by Lik U Ogledalu. At least half of the entries from PZE would be good to send, actually.

Loindici

Veteran
I think it's a pity there's no talk about :sl: while I think they could be one of the in-it-to-win-its this year.

0scar

More songs out and still no clear front runners, I mean I can see Croatia winning but I can also see it finishing like 15th, I cannot see Ukraine winning, Belgium doesn't sounds like a winner to be but more like a 4th place, but maybe a 4th place is a winner in this year?
Iceland's Wild West is a proper song but nothing too spectacular for a win.

With 25 songs out, I'd say the winner is hiding somewhere between
:hr: :it: :be: :uk: :fr: :ch: :is:, :gr: :au: :am: could surprise
All others are most probably out.

Top Bottom