⫷ WV 138 DRAMMEN ∥ SEMIFINAL 1 ∥ RESULTS: 20:30 CET ⫸

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fierro

NhiSpOo.png

OPENING ACT:

SEND YOUR VOTES TO @Fierro
DDL: 29TH MARCH 23:59 CET

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATION! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

and please check if the link to your entry is working

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

HOT banners ! what software did you make them with??

Rainy, now I see why you posted that Andrew W.K. emoji in the reservations thread xD

idk if it's really permitting for Greece to send a fictional character entry though if the singer is Swedish and the actress is neither but we'll see

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Oh my goodness the show! Like a cyberpunky kaleidoscope of gorgeousness. Aesthetically speaking I think it's one of my favourite shows ever (and of course we've had a gazillion great shows already) cause it's just so slick yet trippy. Love the style. The font is freaking sexy. Everything is great. Well done Vlad xbow xheart

JamieBrown

Quite cool graphs xup

I am superglad I backed off from the viking epic for this time and go with something that's not digging for points from Pot E+F

xcookie@EurovisionSmile This didn't absolutely age well at all. In fact it didn't even age xrollinglol

hijirio

Veteran
idk if it's really permitting for Greece to send a fictional character entry though if the singer is Swedish and the actress is neither but we'll see
sis there's a san remo entry competing here and you is questioning the eligibility of my entry instead of that one djsfgkjlsdgjlsdgjlsd
not gonna argue even. xqueenbitch

AWESOME BANNERS BTW FIERRUV! xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart
Taste all over the place!
Lovely Drammen finally had some event going on in the town! Happy to be part of it! xheat

Uto

Veteran
These banners are legit. Drammen irl might look boring as fuck, but digital Drammen rocking some next-level aesthetics.

BernadetteCydonia

sis there's a san remo entry competing here and you is questioning the eligibility of my entry instead of that one djsfgkjlsdgjlsdgjlsd
not gonna argue even. xqueenbitch

I've questioned that also! Ever since Kris gave us Carioca! I have standards you know

cegs5

I’m not gonna question or argue about the elegibilty of the Greek entry, mods accepted it for a reason and I take that. I’m not against boldness and bravery of players sending unprecedented stuff.

However, I think it’s valid to wonder what is the argument behind, so it can be applied for our further choices too, if the opportunity arises.

If the nationality of fictional characters are allowed, although the actual singer is from somewhere else, so let it be... it’s a total new thing for me, unless I’m missing/forgetting something. It would be nice to make it clear and add it to the recently revamped rule. It opens a whole gamut of possibilities.

As for having Sanremo entries accepted, I don’t see the connection with fictional characters or nationalities, but I guess what makes it controversial is their link with ESC. Sanremo itself has never been a NF, but rather a chance for RAI to lobby the artist who may or may not sing the same song in ESC, so it doesn’t break any of our rules. That was the argument given a few years ago when the topic was highlighted.

Amir

Veteran
hot show xheat

and Luis sending my suggestion finally xlove

hijirio

Veteran
As for having Sanremo entries accepted, I don’t see the connection with fictional characters or nationalities, but I guess what makes it controversial is their link with ESC. Sanremo itself has never been a NF, but rather a chance for RAI to lobby the artist who may or may not sing the same song in ESC, so it doesn’t break any of our rules. That was the argument given a few years ago when the topic was highlighted.

Sure, and I acknowledge that San Remo is even older than Eurovision itself. The thing is:
I assume that the logic behind the rule of not allowing NF entries to compete in WV is to prevent unfair advantage, or encouraging people to not rely on songs that are popular within the ESC fandom and send original songs? Then why doesn't it apply to San Remo, which is one of the most actively followed shows by ESC fans and whose winner has been sent to Eurovision 6 of the previous 7 contests?

So there are two ways to look into the matter,
In theory, yes, San remo does not qualify as an NF. (which is the current view adopted by the mods)
But in practice, it does definitely pose unfair advantage to send a San Remo song to a contest, as it's closely related to Eurovision and most fans know these songs and which itself is the very reason why we don't allow the NF entries in this contest.

I wanna say I have nothing against Kris lol I know he's not abusing this rule, he often sends original stuff and it's not his fault, but I just have difficulty agreeing with the rule of preventing all NF entries but only allowing San Remo.

I think we should open this matter to debate in the community and see what everyone thinks. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom