Contact us

יִשְרָאֵל - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Vedenneito

Re: ????????? - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

Oh yes, I forgot about my own question :).

What does that mean? I think I recognise the word "eye" in there, and I think Ben and Yosef sound like names, but other than that I'm lost. Do you know where in the Bible it's from?

I really liked how Harel brought his culture and customs openly to the ESC, there is nothing more silly than hiding who you are and what you believe in. So good on him!

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
Oh yes, I forgot about my own question :).

What does that mean? I think I recognise the word "eye" in there, and I think Ben and Yosef sound like names, but other than that I'm lost. Do you know where in the Bible it's from?

I really liked how Harel brought his culture and customs openly to the ESC, there is nothing more silly than hiding who you are and what you believe in. So good on him!

Harel has wonderful personality :) this is what most like in him!
And yes there is the word "eye" and "yosef"/"ben". However, this is a sentence again evil eye:

Evil eye is a look that is superstitiously believed by many cultures to be able to cause injury or bad luck on the person at whom it is directed for reasons of envy or dislike. The term also refers to the power attributed to certain persons, of inflicting injury or bad luck by such an envious or ill wishing look.

Israeliboy

:D I'm going to Harel's concert very soon, in this month! :cool:

Vedenneito

I'm jealous! I can only dream of such things :). Remember, if you meet him, you have to tell him hi from me, the biggest fan of his in Finland, and remind him that he needs to come here because we gave him 10 points, hahahah!

Yay, I am planning a trip to Tel Aviv either in August or October, so that should be fun... Can't wait! My first time in Israel.

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
I'm jealous! I can only dream of such things :). Remember, if you meet him, you have to tell him hi from me, the biggest fan of his in Finland, and remind him that he needs to come here because we gave him 10 points, hahahah!

Yay, I am planning a trip to Tel Aviv either in August or October, so that should be fun... Can't wait! My first time in Israel.

I will! and welcome to Israel! and sure thanks a lot to Finland for 10pt :cool:

apelles

Hey Israeli Boy, can you help me out. I'm reading a review of Skaat's opening show for Figures back last fall.
In this section it says Skaat is a combination of Shlomo Artzi, Ivri Lidir, David Broza, etc. I understand what it says in regards to all the singers (for example, that Skaat has the smile and charm of Broza, the charisma of Artzi, the clarity of Izhar Cohen) except I don't understand the comparison the writer's making with Skaat to Lidir, Rami Kleinstein, and Evitar Banai. Can you help me out?

?? ????-?? ??? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??????? ???????????, ?????? ????, ???? ?????, ???? ??? ????? ????. ???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ???. ???? ?? ??? ??? ?????, ?? ?????? ???????? ??????, ??? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?"???? ????".
??????? ????????? ?? ???? ????, ?????-???????? ?? ???? ????
???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ???????? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?????? ?????. ???? ????????? ???? ??? ???? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ????????? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ????, ?????-???????? ?? ???? ????, ??????? ?? ???? ???, ??????? ?? ????? ????, ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?????, ??????? ?? ???, ??????? ?? ????? ????, ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ??????????. ????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ????, ???? ???? ?? ??? ???, ??? ??????????, ???? ??? ?? ????????.

Also I remember reading where Skaat said his favorite singers were Rami Kleinstein and Sarit Hadad, do you know a link to a good website (not a fan site or forum) which contains this information.

Finally, how is the TV show, "The Next King", in which Skaat appeared, spelled using the Latin alphabet?
I'm updating Skaat's Wikipedia page and I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Israeliboy

apelles said:
Hey Israeli Boy, can you help me out. I'm reading a review of Skaat's opening show for Figures back last fall.
In this section it says Skaat is a combination of Shlomo Artzi, Ivri Lidir, David Broza, etc. I understand what it says in regards to all the singers (for example, that Skaat has the smile and charm of Broza, the charisma of Artzi, the clarity of Izhar Cohen) except I don't understand the comparison the writer's making with Skaat to Lidir, Rami Kleinstein, and Evitar Banai. Can you help me out?

?? ????-?? ??? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??????? ???????????, ?????? ????, ???? ?????, ???? ??? ????? ????. ???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ???. ???? ?? ??? ??? ?????, ?? ?????? ???????? ??????, ??? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?"???? ????".
??????? ????????? ?? ???? ????, ?????-???????? ?? ???? ????
???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ???????? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?????? ?????. ???? ????????? ???? ??? ???? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ????????? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ????, ?????-???????? ?? ???? ????, ??????? ?? ???? ???, ??????? ?? ????? ????, ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?????, ??????? ?? ???, ??????? ?? ????? ????, ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ??????????. ????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ????, ???? ???? ?? ??? ???, ??? ??????????, ???? ??? ?? ????????.

Also I remember reading where Skaat said his favorite singers were Rami Kleinstein and Sarit Hadad, do you know a link to a good website (not a fan site or forum) which contains this information.

Finally, how is the TV show, "The Next King", in which Skaat appeared, spelled using the Latin alphabet?
I'm updating Skaat's Wikipedia page and I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

I don't have any good website which contains the information you gave.
About the TV SHOW, It's "Israeli idol 2"/"A star is born 2" ... in Hebrew with Latin alphabet it's "???? ???? 2".
About the comparison . . .
Ivri Lider - He is a Star-quality like Ivri Lider
Rami - He has "Softness" (can be said like "sensitive" while singing) like Rami
Eviatar - Cutie like Eviatar

apelles

Thanks Israeliboy. I really appreciate the feedback. I will add your comments into his Wikipedia page when I get a chance. Are we thinking of the same show--The Next King was on before KN. In 2002 and Skaat finished 6th, Ninet 3rd and Refael Mirila won. Whatever became of him? I would love to see him put out a CD. How would you write "The Next King" in Hebrew (using latin letters--like how Milim is spelled out)

Israeliboy

Sorry, it's "Ha'melech ha'ba" ... this is how we spell "the next king " in Hebrew with latin alpha!

wittgenstein

i wonder if israel met the same destiny as last year, low in televote, high in juries?

Israeliboy

wittgenstein said:
i wonder if israel met the same destiny as last year, low in televote, high in juries?

Who knows :) I wait to know as well!

Vedenneito

I translated Milim into Finnish today! I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with it yet, but it is already singable to the tune :).

It was so much fun :). Maybe I should try to record myself singing it hahah!

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
I translated Milim into Finnish today! I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with it yet, but it is already singable to the tune :).

It was so much fun :). Maybe I should try to record myself singing it hahah!

Maybe :D

apelles

Hello israelboy. I've updated Harel Skaat's Wikipedia page (in English) and included the changes you suggested. Check it out sometime if you get the chance. Can I ask you what's the transliteration (Hebrew using Latin letters) of the title of Skaat's first song, "??? ??? ?????" which he recorded and released as a single while still in college? Thank you again for your help.

Israeliboy

apelles said:
Hello israelboy. I've updated Harel Skaat's Wikipedia page (in English) and included the changes you suggested. Check it out sometime if you get the chance. Can I ask you what's the transliteration (Hebrew using Latin letters) of the title of Skaat's first song, "??? ??? ?????" which he recorded and released as a single while still in college? Thank you again for your help.

"Ein od si'kui"

apelles

Thanks! Just in case you haven't heard Harel Skaat is scheduled to appear at concerts in different countries over the next few months (Belarus, Cyprus, Portugal), and possibly France, Australia, and Sweden. But then, you can see him in Israel all the time. :D

Israeliboy

apelles said:
Thanks! Just in case you haven't heard Harel Skaat is scheduled to appear at concerts in different countries over the next few months (Belarus, Cyprus, Portugal), and possibly France, Australia, and Sweden. But then, you can see him in Israel all the time. :D

;) Trust me, I did!

Israeliboy

Noonilicious said:
Hiiii ~

I am a new fan here ~ just registered ..... and that's all because of the cutie pie Harel Skaat xromance

I will pass by later tom to chat more about him ... ^____^

:D Salam! and welcome, I wish you the best here. If you need any help about Harel, about here, you are welcome to ask me or send me private message! :cool:

Israeliboy

manialf said:
Welcome!

Harel blames the diaspora for his bad place: http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/20 ... -diaspora/

Oh come on! GErmany won and Belgium is 6th!!!

Harel is totally right, it was disapora votings and I felt it in the night very well. I can't say it was perfect performance, but really not for 14th :lol: . About the rest of what he said, Into English it looks with another meanings, but he meant he doesn't justify the ones who say it's because it's Israel etc . . . But do agree with the voting blocks and disapora!

Top Bottom