6 3.7%

3 1.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

Embarrassing. The song seems.ti consists of two lines of lead vocals whilst the rest is completely backed up as a backing track doing all the heavy lifting.

This is even worse than Bejba.
In Austrian German we would call you a "Blitzgneisser" ;)

Ezio

Veteran
AustrIan defenses on full guard 💂

#personalattackmode #activated

The funniest thing is that Kaleen posted this on her own channel like look at me, I’m the queen of karaoke party. And no one is having it.

Lindon

Embarrassing. The song seems.ti consists of two lines of lead vocals whilst the rest is completely backed up as a backing track doing all the heavy lifting.

This is even worse than Bejba.
It's genre immanent. Show me one sung Eurodance pop of the 90s or 00s without backing vocals, Nothing embarrassing here, besides your comment.

Wynnter

I'm not sure if EBU would even allow all that "pre recorded"in the first place, considering this was laid out in the 2023 rules:

"However, the Backing track in question shall not contain, Lead Vocals, Lead Dubs and/or any other vocals that would have the effect of, or aim at, replacing or unduly assisting the Lead Vocal(s) during the live performance on stage."

(And I think it would be the same this year as well.)

The karaoke version of the 2022 Austrian entry also featured pretty much full on vocals during the chorus, but if you listen to the live performance they are clearly using live backing vocals.

I think otherwise it comes down to one's opinions of heavy backing vocal usage in general which isn't new to the contest.

Ezio

Veteran
It's genre immanent. Show me one sung Eurodance pop of the 90s or 00s without backing vocals, Nothing embarrassing here, besides your comment.
The only embarassing thing I can witness are Austrians hurling unwarranted insults at those who disagree that we don't deserve all praise and glory.

Austria will never change because that's the character of our demonic principality, pride, glory hunting and ruthless verbal self-defense, amongst other things.

Mainshow is neither a Blitzgneisser nor embarassing for stating what is obviously an offense to anyone with an artistic sense.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Nothing is more embarrassing than your excuses every year to be honest

Lindon

Nothing is more embarrassing than your excuses every year to be honest
I faced death in 2019/20.
I am a pancreatic cancer survivor.
Nothing embarrasses me anymore.

Ezio

Veteran
I faced death in 2019/20.
I am a pancreatic cancer survivor.
Nothing embarrasses me anymore.

I know you are a survivor and I hope it brought you to Jesus or it will bring you to Him because we don’t overcome darkness by ourselves or by chance.

but please don’t come against everyone who is not on board the Austrian hype train that you are conducting every year. I respect that it brings you happiness or even joy but you can’t discern between friends or enemies based on their favorable or unfavorable view of the song that our country brings to Eurovision. I feel like it messes you up inside and I don’t know if you are a genuine music lover or a die hard patriot. In my opinion patriotism is a form of pride and really does nothing for inner peace and joy.

no offense, but if cancer caused a trauma in your life, you also have to respect others and their trauma. When I go outside I only see sad and unhappy people and people are generally in their feelings and with thin skin. watching people is so saddening nowadays. Our perception creates a reality that is not reality. It is spiritual warfare from little g who hates us and makes us hate us.

i have so much trauma in my life that my testimony brings people to tears. But first and foremost it brought me to Jesus. I am so ashamed of my past I should jump of a cliff. However I‘d rather proclaim Jesus as my Savior until I am cancelled everywhere and thrown into jail.

So take your survivorship and be kind. Your country doesn’t define you. If you accept Jesus you become the son of the Highest King of all Heavens and Earth, and you get to rebuke every demon with a snap.

and btw. Limits should have won in 2019. It messed me up but I am over it.

ekzuu

I like the passion of Lindon and other positive Austrian Eurofans xheart Keep up the good work! And who cares about some karaoke versions, it's not like nobody else uses backing track... Atleast I dont care.. Lets go Kaleen, you are so nice!! :love:

marty

I dont understand why people are shocked now. We knew from the beginning that Kaleen is not the best singer and will take heavy use of backing vocals like she did in the leaked live casting.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm not "shocked" about it (I mean, some Melodifestivalen performances are basically 75% backing track being played at this point as well) - I stand by my comment - I think it's embarrassing to release official karaoke versions in which the backing track basically supports or even does the heavy lifting of 95% of the lead vocals.

A backing track should be in the back(ground) - supporting the chorus, pre-chorus and doing some other melodies to make the sound richer.

:at: is a fun entry - I would like to see it qualify and I'm glad we finally got some Eurodance-esque track in the contest but it's fine to level criticism at how much (vocal) input can be detected by the artist - :pl: 2023 got heavily criticised for making use of some backing track which made up for Bejba's half-assed vocals (even on this forum - and rightfully so).
The Austrian karaoke version is even worse, imo - apart from the first two lines per verse.. are there any other parts Kaleen is about to sing without being overshadowed by some pre-recorded vocals?

At this point, it's sad that some delegations think that coming up with "almost lip-syncing" performances were fair or even a desirable path to follow in terms of Eurovision.

But who knows.. I just hope that the Karaoke version won't be one to be heard in May - personally, I think that the lead vocals should be sung.. you know.. by the lead artist.
Otherwise, I could be listening to Milli Vanilli or watch the "Mini Playback show" (some Austrians/Germans still might be familiar with the concept of that show).

marty

I'm not "shocked" about it (I mean, some Melodifestivalen performances are basically 75% backing track being played at this point as well) - I stand by my comment - I think it's embarrassing to release official karaoke versions in which the backing track basically supports or even does the heavy lifting of 95% of the lead vocals.

A backing track should be in the back(ground) - supporting the chorus, pre-chorus and doing some other melodies to make the sound richer.

:at: is a fun entry - I would like to see it qualify and I'm glad we finally got some Eurodance-esque track in the contest but it's fine to level criticism at how much (vocal) input can be detected by the artist - :pl: 2023 got heavily criticised for making use of some backing track which made up for Bejba's half-assed vocals (even on this forum - and rightfully so).
The Austrian karaoke version is even worse, imo - apart from the first two lines per verse.. are there any other parts Kaleen is about to sing without being overshadowed by some pre-recorded vocals?

At this point, it's sad that some delegations think that coming up with "almost lip-syncing" performances were fair or even a desirable path to follow in terms of Eurovision.

But who knows.. I just hope that the Karaoke version won't be one to be heard in May - personally, I think that the lead vocals should be sung.. you know.. by the lead artist.
Otherwise, I could be listening to Milli Vanilli or watch the "Mini Playback show" (some Austrians/Germans still might be familiar with the concept of that show).
I also think that EBU needs to overthink the rules concerning the backing vocals.
But in this case it also should be clear that the karaoke version is not identical with the backing track used in Malmö. I guess they finally will fix the backing track in the rehearsal week.

Lindon

I can't hear backing vocals in verse 2.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I also think that EBU needs to overthink the rules concerning the backing vocals.
But in this case it also should be clear that the karaoke version is not identical with the backing track used in Malmö. I guess they finally will fix the backing track in the rehearsal week.

Hopefully, you're right.

Personally, I don't think that it's "that clear" anymore since Eurofans following Melodifestivalen or having :pl: 2022 in mind.

For me, karaoke versions include the instrumental and the backin track but no lead vocals and thus, they could be used for the ESC performances.
(I just did a quick google search and they come up with the same definition of a karaoke version) but who knows... maybe the Austrian delegation/and/or the EBU didn't really care about it and just send that version (which clearly includes lead vocals) to be put on their official Karaoke album of this year's entries.

Top Bottom