Contact us

Australia AUSTRALIA 2024 - Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

How do you rate this entry?

5 4.0%

4 3.2%

9 7.3%

13 10.5%

10 8.1%

20 16.1%

18 14.5%

17 13.7%

13 10.5%

4 3.2%

11 8.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

I actually have the exact opposite opinion. Aboriginal elements are something that can save them. I believe that Europeans would find didgeridoo etc. much more interesting and exciting than a generic electro song performance which could represent any country whatsoever.

Birth of a New Age didn't work that well neither as a song nor as a performance and it also competed in one of the strongest years ever.
If I was them I would:
1. Bring the didgeridoo on stage
2. Turn up the didgeridoo sound in the mixing
3. Do the kiss from the music video on stage

Anthony Tesla

Honestly, I don't know if it's because I'm non European, or because I'm getting older, but I have found a constant disjoint this season: a lot of the the big favorites are getting kinda from meh to bad from me, and this one who has been receiving criticism...

...I dig it. A LOT. I really like it. One of the few 12's this season for me.

toinou03

It's a nice song, but too forgettable. Staging will help but it will stay in the middle of the road...

Etanna

Honestly, I don't know if it's because I'm non European, or because I'm getting older, but I have found a constant disjoint this season: a lot of the the big favorites are getting kinda from meh to bad from me, and this one who has been receiving criticism...

...I dig it. A LOT. I really like it. One of the few 12's this season for me.
It could be just a matter of personal preferences, I think we all have songs or whole years which everybody else loves but we cannot force ourselves to enjoy them :))

SpiritofKeiino

Thought about this a bit more and I can now see the following happening: on last in the semi final, a BIG performance that gets the arena going, qualification, then on early in the final (if it draws 1st half), then poor televote and jury support.

Basically the journey that Czechia had with Lights Off in 2022.

Juliette

I must listen to this song several more times to get its appeal (there must be one, right? :unsure: ) and the video doesn't help :confused:

Mrlazzyjazzy

She needs to be on the Eurovision stage. The staving and costuming was there. I don't want Casey next year 😂😂😂

Last edited:

musicfan

Not that keen on this. There is a groove and the production is probably meant to be the main attraction as it can feel repetitive. I can't help but feel that it's a message song in relation to Indigenous Voice referendum of 2023. I prefer something with more music to it. Maybe it's considered more of a radio play song as well, though I don't listen to radio music now so I'm just going by the response to Dizzy there.

Fluke

Are we getting any kind of live performance soon, or even a real video?

People speak of their live chemistry and energy but until we can see it in this song, i got no idea at all. As an audio-only track it falls flat, to me. It's repetitive radio pop with cliche world-uniting lyrics.

And the didgeridoo part is so short, i almost miss to notice it every time i hear the song. They could continue the chorus with the didgeridoo playing under it instead of the regular chord changes for the first round, or something. And people are also glad that "they're finally using an Aborigine language" when it's basically just one word, i think there's two words at one point. Why not some full sentences?

Preuss

Yeah I kinda agree - I love the fusion of sounds but ultimately I wish they committed more to the aboriginal parts of the song… at least the staging should be memorable if they commit to that

Mrlazzyjazzy

If they kill the live performance like Voyager with equal or better staging they'll be fine. Like has been said this is radio friendly, with light indigenous influences so shouldn't turn off juries. But yeah I kinda miss when we were super competitive, you could tell with Kate and Dami we really wanted to win. Now it seems like we're going for middle of the road, top ten at best. Sony really wanted the win with Dami, and I think Dami not being able to pull it over the line and the expense of staging etc they weren't able to justify the expense or maintain the same level which showed with Isaiah and Jess.

Sandy

I enjoy the song, but I don't think it's their best. Unsure of how it will translate on stage

Wynnter

I really enjoy the positive vibes that this just radiates all over the place. Despite the aboriginal elements that I also love, this does not feel like anything special or interesting. It is a song that gets you when it comes, but then it leaves and you don't talk of it again. Yeah. It's an average "good vibes" song which happens to commit the sin of not really going anywhere.

:5: points

MojVoda

Going from "would be" a strong Eurovision winner during its national final season to being yet another "by the numbers" Australian пооп. With the current rules the song will NQ and EBU can kick land down under out of the contest at last.

:1:

Top Bottom