13 12.1%

8 7.5%

10 9.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
San Marino should strive to break their ties with Italy in the contest. If they don't have enough artists of their own, or resources behind them, there's no reason they HAVE to be from Italy, they should reach to other countries instead. All their best results have been with non-Italian artists anyway!
Senhit is Italian and Adrenalina was their second best result

For the song of this year, 5 points for me

Narcis

Agree with you about songs competing for several countries. EBU could easily add a rule against this, it would affect so few anyway. Neither songs or artists should be allowed to appear in more than one selection in the same year.

As for the chosen entry.... it comes off as a blend of Fröken Snusk and Scarlet's entries in Melodifestivalen. Performance seems amateurish, which seems to be the norm for the San Marino NF performances, so maybe they can polish it a lot, but i'd say overall it's in the middle for me, not the worst this year. Final might be possible with a greatly improved performance, but expect a very low placemet there.
On the first point, the main issue is it is hardly enforceable (how do you define "appearing in more than one selection"? Entering a process and being discarded at preliminary stages counts?) and on top of that, there is a whole industry that is being created around ESC and EBU seems only willing to throw more fuel on it. We saw with American Song Contest and attempts at creating more spin-offs, we see it with composition camps, we see it the way Luxemburg return was dealt...

On the other point, I have no doubts Megara will look decent in Malmö. Similar fears were there when they first showed up pre-Benidorm Fest 2023, as their previous TV appearances looked super amateur, nothing more than a high school band, and Kenzy's vocals seemed shaky at best. Then they pulled off a notable one at the real thing. And in San Marino they looked easily the best performance of the night. The key thing here is where the money for pyro and other effects will come from, because it will be the difference between simply looking good and having any option to qualify for the final.

b4ld3r

On paper San Marino has the easiest job out of any country. So many artists get rejected from Sanremo each year, you should be able to trick some to apply. Not to mention you can point to Måneskin as an example of how Eurovision can be a positive thing. And yet they haven't sent a good song since last time in Malmö... Ideally people would get fired, but there aren't enough people who live there to find replacements unfortunately. :cry:

This song is right there at the bottom for me. At least they are putting some effort into it, but still. Disliked their song in Benidorm also. I refuse to watch the selection out of principle, but surely there was something better to choose than this.

ESC94

I´m very sorry :sm: but you´re my second :0: of the season. If there´s one word that describes this song for me than it´s "exhausting". It starts with her style of singing (it´s especially bad for me when she sings fast and high at the same time) and ends with the melody which is stomping the whole song and doesn´t really develop anywhere and the chorus itself feels like a wrecking ball as well. xstars

I think qualifying will once again be an uphill battle for the country. (n)

TiagoFS

San Marino singing in Spanish? That was unexpected. I am not sure if I can give a review on a performance with such bad sound quality, so I decided to listen to it live. Although I appreciate the effort I think the song lacks a bit of melody, or maybe this is just my opinion? You tell me guys. I'm giving it 4 points.

MAD20

I'm delighted Megara are getting the chance to go to Eurovision!!!!!!! Sure, the song is weaker than Arcadia was (this was super difficult to replicate), but it is still enjoyable and a wise choice from UVPSM. I'm giving it an :8:

FilipFromSweden

I love Megara but I just don't get it, how could their Benidorm 2023 performance be so great, while this is total amateur hour?

Bobjan FR

han-g

I love Megara but I just don't get it, how could their Benidorm 2023 performance be so great, while this is total amateur hour?

Resources. Benidorm 2023 was a high quality stage with brilliant sound mixing. They had lots of sfx at their disposal and they didn't have to fund the entire staging themselves.

Uvpsm 2024 had bad sound mixing, significantly less stage features and had to be entirely self funded, for something they had a 1 in 129 shot at winning, for a uvpsm performance this was very good.

BernadetteCydonia

Some songs of the semi-finals with a good reception, uploaded :

Valerio Sgargi - Polvere : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMYEjSRflQY
I don't give a fuck about technicality in terms of opera, this is BASIC. For similar reasons I wasn't too impressed by "La Forza" as a song, the whole act was just all kinds of impression olympics. "Polvere" is a worse offender - I like it better as a song, but this is my total "easily impressionable in terms of San Marino" blindspot.

All the other reuploaded songs, from those I think I enjoy Only Sara the most and Dan e i Suoi Fratelli to an extent. Noor made a weird little song and carried it only through her charisma, This Is Elle had a good song but the cultural symbolism was a little too lot.

elanyvx

Annalisa about San Marino after third place in Sanremo, today she reply to il Corriere

Many dreamed of you at Eurovision. Why didn't you try with San Marino?
«I never considered it because Italy is one thing, but if it didn't happen that's fine. It almost feels like I'm going against my country. But I would have been happy if Loredana Bertè had succeeded."

Bobjan FR

You may have heard about Loco BoomBox, but clearly Venn smyth was worth to discover as well !

BorisBubbles

Veteran
lmao Venn. Why is "useless" the default mode for SO many gays (I get to say this because it applies to me as well). The Aiko vocals xheart the toy sax xheart the HIDEOUS jumper xheart

The biggest moment of excitement was when he got up and revealed the kilt.

Top Bottom