4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
The same thing is happening from last year for me, I quite enjoy the live performances of air and unforgettable but find the studio tracks really whiny sounding

Looren

Veteran
There we go :

1. Smash Into Pieces
2. Maria Sur
3. Medina

4. Dotter
5. Jacqline

6. Lisa Ajax

7. Danny Saucedo
8. Cazzi Opeia
9. Annika Wickihalder
10. Liamoo
11. Jay Smith

12. Marcus & Martinus

Ezio

Veteran
Jacqline is the only act who would justify another Top 10 finish for Sweden.

Unforgettable is more a tech show than a pleasant song. Sounds like composed and looks like staged by an AI. This song would be ingrosso'd by the televote.

Mainshow

Veteran
I just watched the performance(s) and I'm blown away by "Unforgettable". The staging is absolutely stunning and it would look impressive in May but I agree with @Ezio and @MopManMoss - the song itself is dull, whiney at parts and quite "forgettable" - especially the chorus is lazily-written but I guess that's about to happen when you opt for rejects/Scandinavian writing camps.

Dotter, however, would enrich this year's ESC song-wise, imo.
We're desperately in need of some ballads/mid-tempos (and :ge: :az: :gr: will opt for up-tempo songs as well) and that song feels genuine and authentic.

Marie Sur got a very catchy chorus and impactful performance as well (but like "Unforgettable" it's soulless, braindead and formulaic pop).

rasmuslights

Veteran
I just watched the performance(s) and I'm blown away by "Unforgettable". The staging is absolutely stunning and it would look impressive in May but I agree with @Ezio and @MopManMoss - the song itself is dull, whiney at parts and quite "forgettable" - especially the chorus is lazily-written but I guess that's happen when you opt for rejects/Scandinavian writing camps.

Dotter, however, would enrich this year's ESC song-wise, imo.
We're desperately in need of some ballads/mid-tempos (and :ge: :az: :gr: will opt for up-tempo songs as well) and that song feels genuine and authentic.

Marie Sur got a very catchy chorus and impactful performance as well (but like "Unforgettable" it's soulless, braindead and formulaic pop).

Agree with everything.

And I do think it's between Marcus and Martinus (most likely) and Dotter.

Ezio

Veteran
Agree with everything.

And I do think it's between Marcus and Martinus (most likely) and Dotter.

It would be unfortunate and unfair if name recognition prevails over effort. But that is the usual formula for Mello.

Air was stunning, Unforgettable is meh. Dotter was stunning in 2020, since then meh.

Jacqline is the surprise act of the year, but I fear, she must return next year with a worse song to win or she might never win, like Wiktoria or Klara Klingenström who also returned to only present something meher.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
It would be unfortunate and unfair if name recognition prevails over effort. But that is the usual formula for Mello.

Air was stunning, Unforgettable is meh. Dotter was stunning in 2020, since then meh.

Jacqline is the surprise act of the year, but I fear, she must return next year with a worse song to win or she might never will, like Wiktoria or Klara Klingenström who also returned to only present something meher.

Jacqline is good but it's not that outstanding tbh, it's just a cute bop.

Citelis

Jacqline's song isn't great either but her performance elavates it.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Jacqline is good but it's not that outstanding tbh, it's just a cute bop.
This song is a delight, fresh and effortless. It's also something new to Sweden and I think in a year of chaos bops and wild boys, this is the right choice. It would stand out enough.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I don't think it's mentioned often enough how bad this final is lol. Like it's without question the worst Melfest final since the pandemic, and possibly the worst one since 2018 (which is the worst one of all time).

I like... 3 songs? Jacqline, Cazzi Opeia and Medina and none are really in the winner conversation for some reason. Jacqline absolutely SHOULD be the winner over like... M&M's brand of nothing, and Danny's brand of nothing.

I suppose that's the problem really. A lot of these finalists just have... nothing songs. Couldn't tell you an iota about them if I'm not listening to them in the very moment. The music is inbred, unimaginative, dull, formulaic, soulless. Fans were imprinting on things like Fröken Snusk and Gunilla and Scarlet, and like... if the music were good in the first place, we wouldn't fucking need to cling onto the novelty fun entries because the serious entries would be fun by virtue of being interesting.

But they're well-staged at least. At least SJB is still showing off her skill, but I would have prefer the HOST country, you know, the COUNTRY WITH THE MOST WINS IN ALL OF EUROVISION, to produce a national final that improves when you press the unmute button.

It's bleak.

Realest

If we translated all Votings into Points, it would look like this:

Betting Odds:

12 Marcus and Martinus
10 Jacqeline
08 Danny Saucedo
07 Liamoo
06 Mary Sue
05 Medina
04 Smash into Pieces
03 Dotter
02 Annika Wickihalder
01 Jay Smith
00 Cazzi Opeia
00 Lisa Ajax

Eurovisionworld Poll:

12 Marcus and Martinus
10 Mary Sue
08 Dotter
07 Jacqeline
06 Smash into Pieces
05 Medina
04 Danny Saucedo
03 Liamoo
02 Cazzi Opeia
01 Annika Wickihalder
00 Jay Smith
00 Lisa Ajax

Eurovision Scoreboard:

12 Mary Sue
10 Dotter
08 Marcus and Martinus
07 Jacqeline
06 Smash into Pieces
05 Liamoo
04 Medina
03 Cazzi Opeia
02 Lisa Ajax
01 Danny Saucedo
00 Annika Wickihalder
00 Jay Smith

YT-Views:

12 Marcus and Martinus
10 Mary Sue
08 Dotter
07 Medina
06 Jacqeline
05 Smash into Pieces
04 Liamoo
03 Jay Smith
02 Cazzi Opeia
01 Danny Saucedo
00 Annika Wickihalder
00 Lisa Ajax

Combined:

44 Marcus and Martinus
38 Mary Sue
30 Jacqeline
29 Dotter
21 Medina
21 Smash into Pieces
19 Liamoo
14 Danny Saudedo
07 Cazzi Opeia
04 Jay Smith
03 Annika Wickihalder
02 Lisa Ajax

mauve

Veteran
The only stunning thing about this NF is as mentioned the staging of M&M, but with a really boring song. Dotter's and Jacqline's songs also are meaningless. Songwise Dotter had better times, her vocals are even shaky. None of those songs should be in the top 10 in May, but probably will be because it's Sweden and the Juries will help.

Loindici

Veteran
This song is a delight, fresh and effortless. It's also something new to Sweden and I think in a year of chaos bops and wild boys, this is the right choice. It would stand out enough.
Obviously it is fresh as it introduces epiphany in the backseat of someone's car, like what the hell is this lyric about.

Datura

listened to te finalists and gotta say my faves are
Cazzi Opeia (bit sad that it doesn't seem to get much appeal, i think it's really catchy and i like the colourful staging aswell, borderline annoying but not yet :D hate to say it but i'm afraid she not classically pretty enough for people to vote for her. a shame, i like it)
and Jacqline (something is missing here but still it's really good and the staging is great though i could live with a little less leg-spreading-dancing...)

i think Dannys song is my fave of him, but it's still very generic
Marcus & Martinus have of course a quite impressive staging, but the song itself is a big nothing and i think air had more charme. and they totally rip of several Faithless hits in the instrumental parts.
i don't like Maria Surs song either, it doesn't really go anywhere and seems generic AF
i enjoy Dotter but i don't think it's special enough to really make an impact. and the staging is not very creative imo
Smash into Pieces are super disappointing this year for me, the song has absolute cliche lyrics and is basically a popschalger with guitars. and their gimmick has worn off aswell imo
Medina had something fun last time, this time it's too ballermann for me (but damn catchy 😒😅)
Liamoos song is also generic af imo
and Lisa Ajax song is for me personally the one here i like the least

the 2 AC songs dont do much for me, both alright for Radio bjt not for esc

so yea my faves would be
1. Cazzi Opeia / Jacquline
3. Dotter
4. Danny
5. Marcus & Martinus
6. Medina
7. Liamoo
8. Smash into Pieces
9. Maria Sur
10. Anna Wickihalder
11. Jay Smith
12. Lisa Ajax

Last edited:

lasse braun

The only stunning thing about this NF is as mentioned the staging of M&M, but with a really boring song. Dotter's and Jacqline's songs also are meaningless. Songwise Dotter had better times, her vocals are even shaky. None of those songs should be in the top 10 in May, but probably will be because it's Sweden and the Juries will help.
ok,agree here but in this field dotter shines as the tower of music.
xqueenbitch

lasse braun

Do you mean Dotter for real (cause I neither find her performance nor her song interesting) or is your post a subtle allusion to Luna? ;)
junge!
this is the swedish thread. :D
all things about the goddess of the moon is in the polish thread. xheart

Top Bottom