• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Funny enough, we have an expression in Romanian related to things being a 'watergun', meaning something is 'insignificant or without effect'. I feel like this expression fits this song because it's really not pulling any punches. It's cute, the theme and lyrics are commendable, but ultimately it's nothing wow and I think it won't be reach any highs results-wise - if it manages to qualify at all.

Another one for the :6: pile xcoffee

TB98

It's a nice song but doesn't say much to me at all. It's there I guess. I'm sure they'll get SJB for the staging but don't really see this fly very high.

ESC94

A bit better than the snoozefest last year but it´s still not that great. The slower beginning sounded interesting and I thought this could be something for me but when the faster part arrived it went downhill very quick. It then sounds like a completely different song that can´t decide if it wants to be a ballad or more midtempo. The rest is pretty uneventful and then it´s already over without leaving any real impression on me. xthink

His voice is sadly not really my cup of tea either, it kinda sounds at some point that he trys to sound deeper than he actually is. I also think that his he´s "drowing" a bit in the louder music. (n)

All in all I give :ch: a :4: this year, it exists but simply doesn´t do anything for me despite the very current lyrics. xbored

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
Not playing in the final that's for sure, nevermind with a watergun
What a snoozefest! Switzerland, get out of your snooze fest era girl

jatojo

I like the piano mozart-ish theme at the beginning and a couple of times later on. The rest is well-turned. The start of the chorus sounds so much like another song that I haven't defined yet.

Last edited:

PlasticToad

It's okay. Which isn't what I really want to be saying about a song. It might hit a little harder live, where hopefully they won't bring the same VFX team as the video, because it's giving Poland 2022 right now. :4:.

Semra

I hope that :ch: will finally try something different next year. An uptempo banger, a duo, female slutpop, a band… I don’t know. But please no more sad and overdramatic boys.
I hear you. But I don't mind sad boys as long as the song really hits me. It's all about the song, I don't care about genre, really. Gjon's Tears hit me a lot more, same with Arcade (as examples).

Is it just me, or do others have a hard time ranking Switzerland, Netherlands and Cyprus. They're all so generic, but all good quality. None of them really reaches the depths of my heart. I'll have to see their lives, I think, before getting any wiser.

Last edited:

Etanna

I actually really like this. Although it is a bit unfortunate that they are sending a very similar type of song 4th time in a row. It's definitely got more chances than Marcus Bear though.

Semra

Awful. One of my least favourites so far this year, the message of the song is a real turn off for me, makes sense that this would come from Switzerland.
I like the message as a philosophical question. Maybe because I have a young son and it's something we talk about quite a bit. To me, it doesn't mean "Put down your weapons and stop fighting" when reality hits. It's deeper than that. Our power maniac leaders using our young as canon fodder for their own games and/or goals. That's not freedom of body nor soul.

But I don't think these lyrics express that message in the most sophisticated way, that's my problem.

Ezio

Veteran
This is such a nice song, but Switzerland is in real danger without the juries in their semi. I would give it 10 points, but I feel like this song arrived in a casket :( xcry

That would be soooo sad.

For a while it looked like :ch: and :at: shared the same fates at Eurovision, from 2011-2014, Q or NQ together. Since 2015, we haven't been together in the Final anymore, and it looks like it's gonna happen again this year.

Top Bottom