Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Good! The shit Sanremo ballad has been avoided. Nothing against Meta but I'd rather NOT have a full season of basics and elitists trying to make his DULL AS SHIT song happen.

Now, Måneskin, THAT is a good entry. I am not superfond of the San Remo version - it's very raw and somewhat jarring. However, the studio is quite nice, so it's rly just the instrumentation that lowkey bothers me. All the instrumentation in San Remo is live, while in Eurovision none is, so the ESC version will be more mellow and fun (if they go, I guess).

:7: points in a night that for the most part felt like it was full "Crisis Averted" situations.

ESC94

Oh god :it:, what have you done?? xshock

I´m usually a big supporter of their entries, but for the first time since 2015 I really don´t like their entry. I´m sorry, but I can only give :2:, because I think other songs are even worse.

I´m really shocked and need some fresh air right now. xscared

mauve

Veteran
Oh god :it:, what have you done?? xshock

I´m usually a big supporter of their entries, but for the first time since 2015 I really don´t like their entry. I´m sorry, but I can only give :2:, because I think other songs are even worse.

I´m really shocked and need some fresh air right now. xscared
:ROFLMAO: I gave x12points. Love it to bits. My rock soul can't believe we have now TWO rock songs at ESC. Just like X-Mas in march. xcheerxheat

crashworld

Veteran
Listening to Irama and Francesca/Fedez now and imagining how they would have been on the ESC big stage.

I feel bad for Irama though, couldn't even perform in the contest due to COVID-19 problem. But proud at the same time that he came in 5th overall with just the same rehearsal performance being shown 3 times.

ESC94

:ROFLMAO: I gave x12points. Love it to bits. My rock soul can't believe we have now TWO rock songs at ESC. Just like X-Mas in march. xcheerxheat

Good for you, I simply don´t like this kind of music, and the lead singer should really work on his breath technique, he sounds like he´s loosing his voice.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

And maybe you'll have three soon after we find out what exactly Tornike is doing this time :cool:

I'd say I have one now so I'm happy, even if I haven't handed over my 12 just yet. I'm excited to have rock like this at Eurovision (providing Måneskin have said yes).

mauve

Veteran
That´s my opinion and you won´t change that.

We should stop this discussion here, we won´t agree anyway. xshrug
I didn't say that to change your opinion, just to state MINE. Can't I just be happy, or do you intend to ruin it again? The emoticon showed what I meant or didn't you understand that either?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
That's how true rockers should sound like: raw and breathless. xqueenbitch

I understand rock, specifically of this kind not being for everyone but I always find it funny when people list what exactly they don't like about particular songs whilst I'm thinking to myself "hey, this is exactly what I love about rock music." Haha.

I think Måneskin's live performance is extremely strong. It elevates the song for me quite dramatically.

ESC94

I didn't say that to change your opinion, just to state MINE. Can't I just be happy, or do you intend to ruin it again? The emoticon showed what I meant or didn't you understand that either?

Well, for me it came across as something like this: "Well, you have no idea what you´re talking about, it has to be like this."

But trust me: I don´t wanna start an argument because of a song. You´re really a good friend of me and I don´t wanna risk this.

So, peace?? xrose

@sucof

Well, my cat died in 2015, so your plan won´t work. ;)

mauve

Veteran
Well, for me it came across as something like this: "Well, you have no idea what you´re talking about, it has to be like this."

But trust me: I don´t wanna start an argument because of a song. You´re really a good friend of me and I don´t wanna risk this.

So, peace?? xrose

@sucof

Well, my cat died in 2015, so your plan won´t work. ;)
Yes! Next time I will rather avoid ansering to your posts where I know we will start argueing again. ;) So peace! xlove

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
After mediocore or bad entries from :ee: :dk: :pt: last night it was very nice to wake up to a very good Italian entry by Måneskin 😃

Francesca & Fedez and Annalisa were my favorites though 😉

Brandt

When it comes to Italy, the bar for the quality is always higher than most other Eurovision countries. And I am sorry to say this about my favorite Eurovision country, but this seems to be going to be the worst Italian entry since their return in 2011. :(

It has been a grueling and unsettling week. After Sanremo ended, I struggled to sleep. Now, after a few hours of sleep, with a cold mind I'll try to say what I think:

I begin by saying that it was a very diversified and competitive Sanremo: from Maneskin to Willie Peyote to Gio Evan, from Rock to Indie to melodic, we were able to observe all the nuances of the music. Obviously my comment is not as authoritative as those from DenizESC and ESCTurkey who called this edition very poor (Turkey is still mad at us for being part of the "Big Five"? xthink). In fact, our Festival was so poor that at least 20 songs could be right for the ESC. Anyone want some? We can sell them! Haha. I really like throwing arrows at haters :lol:

As I had predicted, the probable winners of the festival were: the strongest Maneskin and Irama followed by Willie Peyote, Ermal Meta and F&M to which outsiders such as Annalisa and Fasma were added. And always as I had predicted: Irama and the Maneskins would not compete in the final together. Italy would have decided to carry on only the one who would have been the winner and ... between Dance Pop and Alternative Rock (which AshleyWright, as a good British, hates preferring the American sounds of Linkin Park - all very logical, in fact xthink), won the Alternative Rock. I must say that Sanremo always surprises mexclap

Now I write my impressions on the singers who risked winning Sanremo:

Fedez & Michielin: I was also partially surprised by the strength of the F&M audience, thanks to them the two singers managed to finish second after being heavily penalized previously. Theirs was a good song but this one would lose its strength in May. Also, the little auto-tune (compared to Fasma who abounded) would have created furious debates. Better not to have chosen them.

Irama: I'm sorry for Irama, whom I supported as it was a perfect musical dividing line that would have made everyone agree. But ... thinking about it ... it is very likely that "La Genesi del Tuo Colore"", between now and May, would have lost its power over the public and moreover, the song would have caused problems in the cutting phase. I think the choice of Italy was right and I say this reluctantly, trust me. Many believe that our "Top 10" are determined only by good music. Instead, there is a lot of strategy. Choosing "the right music" and not "the best" is important, especially in Europe.

Willie Peyote: I'm not surprised at Willie Peyote's elimination; the sound was excellent but the topics dealt with concerned our society (even if we are all the same in this world). I add that "Mai dire mai (La Locura)" would have been approached by the Eurofan, a little summarily, to "Occidentale's Karma" and with time, the captivating sounds vanish from the listener's heart.

Ermal Meta: The song was very nice, maybe a little weaker than the previous songs, but a very good representative for the ESC. However, Italy, demonstrating the opposite of what we are accused of, did not believe in the melodic genre. Third place and special prize for Ermal Meta deserved but space for other singers.

Let's go back to talking about Maneskin, the strength of "Zitti e Buoni" is not only in the song but in what is the true essence of Rock: the performance. From now until May the song will survive and, at the right moment, will violently reveal the stasis of the Eurofan. It is always the stage, it is always the fleeting moment of energy and magic that determines the winner. Would you have ever imagined Netta and Sobral triumphing? Why did they succeed? Because they succeeded in this: to charm the audience (no matter how weak their songs were than others).

I apologize to our friend A-lister (who has chosen to once again be part of those who do not appreciate us). With our choice we have complicated the path to the best Swedish group of Melodifestivalen 2021: Lyllasister. I invite Sweden to send this group to ESC 2021. That would be a test of courage. Come on! Let's make this ESC 2021 on fire! Raise the glasses of Rock! Long live the revolution!

I thank those who sincerely appreciated this edition of Sanremo and who decided to support our singers (a warm greeting to my friend, HayashiM). I like to think that it was the love of Mrm and I Bims that allowed Madame to be rewarded. Thanks to RainyWoods for his balanced opinions and for having loved Gio Evan's "Arnica". I like Rainy that he looks beyond the competition, he looks inside himself where his feelings are closed. I am surprised by Anaraqueen, one of the most sincere eurofans (she is able to crush a song with force but when she likes a song her words do not hide "ulterior motives"). Ah ... I also like the balance in BorisBubbles' judgment which like Anaraqueen reflects more with the heart than with the mind. And finally ... Mauve ... what to say? She is "The Queen"! You said Gaudiano and the Maneskins would win ... and they did! She should be a music producer! xbow

Regarding Mauve, I had written to her that I preferred Irama also for another reason: from this moment, some smart eurofans, will start to beat the road of the challenge between Finland and Italy to limit their ESC path to the "Rock Battle". There will be Rock lovers creating non-existent distinctions: it is true, as HayashiM writes, that Maneskin's Rock is different from that of Blind Channel but ... if you love Rock and if Rock is well done ... you shouldn't vote 12 , 10 or 8 one and 0 the other. All small holds where some hostile Eurofans will cling. Unlike what DenizESC and ESCTurkey and their friends say (who hated every entry from Italy: "Diodato sucks", "Maneskin? It's not my cup of tea"), I understand hostility. When a festival is very competitive it is common for fans to be sad when a singer they loved and believed in is eliminated. However, I don't understand this furious 0 and violent criticism haha. Low grades and harsh words determined by the desire to always row against us. Even if Irama had won these people would have said "It's not my cup of tea" and down a merciless 0 haha. I would like these eurofans to understand that this is how they show that we are good. There is a saying from my country (I don't know if it exists in yours too) "The greatest contempt is disinterest".

We Italians are proud of our choice and will honor the competition. The desire for victory always burns in the soul (as it always has to be) but first of all comes the fun. And it is precisely the fun, the sharing, the joy, taking things calmly that VikingTiger did not understand. He wondered why we "Mediterranean" have endless shows. Well, it is for this reason. Our blood is hot and we like to party and ... make love too! xheat:lol: That's why later, as Christian Jessen wrote, when the Italians warned everyone of the danger of Covid, we like to take a "siesta" haha.

A warm hug to everyone xrunhug and ... to the haters ... to the latter I want to dedicate "ZITTI E BUONI" by Maneskin:

xmetal Parla la gente purtroppo parla
non sa di che cazzo parla
Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria
Ma sono fuori di testa ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa ma diversi da loro
Noi siamo diversi da loro xmetal

Haters translate, please xpray

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
It has been a grueling and unsettling week. After Sanremo ended, I struggled to sleep. Now, after a few hours of sleep, with a cold mind I'll try to say what I think:

I begin by saying that it was a very diversified and competitive Sanremo: from Maneskin to Willie Peyote to Gio Evan, from Rock to Indie to melodic, we were able to observe all the nuances of the music. Obviously my comment is not as authoritative as those from DenizESC and ESCTurkey who called this edition very poor (Turkey is still mad at us for being part of the "Big Five"? xthink). In fact, our Festival was so poor that at least 20 songs could be right for the ESC. Anyone want some? We can sell them! Haha. I really like throwing arrows at haters :lol:

As I had predicted, the probable winners of the festival were: the strongest Maneskin and Irama followed by Willie Peyote, Ermal Meta and F&M to which outsiders such as Annalisa and Fasma were added. And always as I had predicted: Irama and the Maneskins would not compete in the final together. Italy would have decided to carry on only the one who would have been the winner and ... between Dance Pop and Alternative Rock (which AshleyWright, as a good British, hates preferring the American sounds of Linkin Park - all very logical, in fact xthink), won the Alternative Rock. I must say that Sanremo always surprises mexclap

Now I write my impressions on the singers who risked winning Sanremo:

Fedez & Michielin: I was also partially surprised by the strength of the F&M audience, thanks to them the two singers managed to finish second after being heavily penalized previously. Theirs was a good song but this one would lose its strength in May. Also, the little auto-tune (compared to Fasma who abounded) would have created furious debates. Better not to have chosen them.

Irama: I'm sorry for Irama, whom I supported as it was a perfect musical dividing line that would have made everyone agree. But ... thinking about it ... it is very likely that "La Genesi del Tuo Colore"", between now and May, would have lost its power over the public and moreover, the song would have caused problems in the cutting phase. I think the choice of Italy was right and I say this reluctantly, trust me. Many believe that our "Top 10" are determined only by good music. Instead, there is a lot of strategy. Choosing "the right music" and not "the best" is important, especially in Europe.

Willie Peyote: I'm not surprised at Willie Peyote's elimination; the sound was excellent but the topics dealt with concerned our society (even if we are all the same in this world). I add that "Mai dire mai (La Locura)" would have been approached by the Eurofan, a little summarily, to "Occidentale's Karma" and with time, the captivating sounds vanish from the listener's heart.

Ermal Meta: The song was very nice, maybe a little weaker than the previous songs, but a very good representative for the ESC. However, Italy, demonstrating the opposite of what we are accused of, did not believe in the melodic genre. Third place and special prize for Ermal Meta deserved but space for other singers.

Let's go back to talking about Maneskin, the strength of "Zitti e Buoni" is not only in the song but in what is the true essence of Rock: the performance. From now until May the song will survive and, at the right moment, will violently reveal the stasis of the Eurofan. It is always the stage, it is always the fleeting moment of energy and magic that determines the winner. Would you have ever imagined Netta and Sobral triumphing? Why did they succeed? Because they succeeded in this: to charm the audience (no matter how weak their songs were than others).

I apologize to our friend A-lister (who has chosen to once again be part of those who do not appreciate us). With our choice we have complicated the path to the best Swedish group of Melodifestivalen 2021: Lyllasister. I invite Sweden to send this group to ESC 2021. That would be a test of courage. Come on! Let's make this ESC 2021 on fire! Raise the glasses of Rock! Long live the revolution!

I thank those who sincerely appreciated this edition of Sanremo and who decided to support our singers (a warm greeting to my friend, HayashiM). I like to think that it was the love of Mrm and The Bims that allowed Madame to be rewarded. Thanks to RainyWoods for his balanced opinions and for having loved Gio Evan's "Arnica". I like Rainy that he looks beyond the competition, he looks inside himself where his feelings are closed. I am surprised by Anaraqueen, one of the most sincere eurofans (she is able to crush a song with force but when she likes a song her words do not hide "ulterior motives"). Ah ... I also like the balance in BorisBubbles' judgment which like Anaraqueen reflects more with the heart than with the mind. And finally ... Mauve ... what to say? She is "The Queen"! You said Gaudiano and the Maneskins would win ... and they did! She should be a music producer! xbow

Regarding Mauve, I had written to her that I preferred Irama also for another reason: from this moment, some smart eurofans, will start to beat the road of the challenge between Finland and Italy to limit their ESC path to the "Rock Battle". There will be Rock lovers creating non-existent distinctions: it is true, as HayashiM writes, that Maneskin's Rock is different from that of Blind Channel but ... if you love Rock and if Rock is well done ... you shouldn't vote 12 , 10 or 8 one and 0 the other. All small holds where some hostile Eurofans will cling. Unlike what DenizESC and ESCTurkey and their friends say (who hated every entry from Italy: "Diodato sucks", "Maneskin? It's not my cup of tea"), I understand hostility. When a festival is very competitive it is common for fans to be sad when a singer they loved and believed in is eliminated. However, I don't understand this furious 0 and violent criticism haha. Low grades and harsh words determined by the desire to always row against us. Even if Irama had won these people would have said "It's not my cup of tea" and down a merciless 0 haha. I would like these eurofans to understand that this is how they show that we are good. There is a saying from my country (I don't know if it exists in yours too) "The greatest contempt is disinterest".

We Italians are proud of our choice and will honor the competition. The desire for victory always burns in the soul (as it always has to be) but first of all comes the fun. And it is precisely the fun, the sharing, the joy, taking things calmly that VikingTiger did not understand. He wondered why we "Mediterranean" have endless shows. Well, it is for this reason. Our blood is hot and we like to party and ... make love too! xheat:lol: That's why later, as Christian Jessen wrote, when the Italians warned everyone of the danger of Covid, we like to take a "siesta" haha.

A warm hug to everyone xrunhug and ... to the haters ... to the latter I want to dedicate "ZITTI E BUONI" by Maneskin:

xmetal Parla la gente purtroppo parla
non sa di che cazzo parla
Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria
Ma sono fuori di testa ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa ma diversa da loro
Noi siamo diversi da loro xmetal

Haters translate, please xpray
I always enjoy Sanremo very much because it is so different organized than other NF's (I know Sanremo is not a NF). And you can always find new artists that you get interested in. :)
There are always haters ... not only in this thread, but also in others (see Germany :ROFLMAO:). It depends on the character of an user HOW you react. If you don't like a song, I can perfectly understand it, but it is the way HOW you react. Just hating all over it makes no sense. Then just better stay away from a thread. That's what I do when I really don't like an entry at all. So in this sense I am with Jendrik: I don't feel hate, I just feel sorry (for you). In the meanwhile I have a crocodile skin when it comes to haters. I rather laugh about it because it shows their childish behaviour. :)
Anyway, I would have been also completely fine if Irama or Ermal had won. Both had fantastic songs to offer. But I am trul glad that Maneskin won - and I would have never thought it possible. Bless you, Italy! xlove And good luck to Maneskin in May!!!

Top Bottom