We can do whatever
Techni-technicolour
Techni-technicolour
If we care for one another
We can

Shine​

Last edited by a moderator:

CPV4931

Solid 5 from me, don´t dislike it, but won´t be one of my favorites and one of the songs often listening to

Fluke

Okay, so i really liked "Don't Break Me" but this has a more mainstream sound and a simpler progression, which i don't really like.... hard to say what i think overall yet, maybe the live performance will really sell it.

theditz83

Veteran
And wow, just like that, after a solid day of looping the currently chosen songs available on Spotify, :au: has jumped up to my 2nd place just behind :cy:

Both songs appeal to different parts of my personality - while :cy: moves my hips and swirls my torso like a sexual demon (and luckily, only my partner will ever see proof of this!) :au: wholeheartedly hugs the derpy, geeky and nerdy student inside me, the one that dug all the weird, niche styles of music that half of the world didn't even know about (haiii Eurobeat xlove )

I'm fully here for this now Montaigne - sorry for doubting you over the past 24 hours. Have my :10: and shiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnneeeeee..... *stab* *stab* key change, key change, keeeey change, key change, key change, KEEEEEEEYYYYY CHAAAANGE!!! xlove xyaay xheya

LoveTw

So many people are hating it on YouTube…even in SBS Australia Eurovision fans group. It's more polarizing than Zero Gravity for sure. If this works well in the live show, we will definitely see more indie artists in Eurovision, if this doesn't…Australia might go back to the safe route again.

crashworld

Veteran
So many people are hating it on YouTube…even in SBS Australia Eurovision fans group. It's more polarizing than Zero Gravity for sure. If this works well in the live show, we will definitely see more indie artists in Eurovision, if this doesn't…Australia might go back to the safe route again.

I think it depends who's hating it. If it's Australians themselves, then it's fine since they can't vote for their own entry. If it's the international viewers, then it can be worrisome. But I feel this song got more love than hate based on what I've seen from the various forums. The only issue I have with Montaigne (besides the song itself) is her ability to sing the high parts without struggling.

bstream

Australia can stage themselves out of a paper bag. This song is audibly...different, but it was chosen internally, so I assume they have some kind of staging for this that will elevate it

Preuss

Since they're promoting the fact that Montaigne will sing the song live today, I have the idea she might pull it off. She wrote it after all and should know what she can do live after all. This song fits with her earlier music that she's been doing quite well

Preuss

It depends though. The thought of watching that disastrous "We Got Love" staging send chills down my back. And it's not the good kind.

xcryxcryxcry

I'm gonna throw SBS, Sony, Sacha Jean-Baptiste under the bus. All of them. It was a mess and they had no clue what they were doing and Jess didn't deserve that. But they usually know how to deliver the staging and it would surprise me if they landed in Rotterdam as unprepared as they were when they landed in Lisbon...

crashworld

Veteran
Since they're promoting the fact that Montaigne will sing the song live today, I have the idea she might pull it off. She wrote it after all and should know what she can do live after all. This song fits with her earlier music that she's been doing quite well

But is it really confirmed to be "live" though? For all we know it could be a lip-sync fest like Lesley Roy did for her debut performance of her entry this year. I'm not sure how the concert in Australia's Mardi Gras works though.

Preuss

But is it really confirmed to be "live" though? For all we know it could be a lip-synch fest like Lesley Roy did for her debut performance of her entry this year. I'm not sure how the concert in Australia's Mardi Gras works though.

I think I read SBS saying it would be live, and then I assume it will be live to a certain degree. I was in Sydney last year during the Mardi Gras and a lot of the artists performed live and it was a big party xcheer

crashworld

Veteran
I think I read SBS saying it would be live, and then I assume it will be live to a certain degree. I was in Sydney last year during the Mardi Gras and a lot of the artists performed live and it was a big party xcheer

That's good to know. But then we know most of the times, the sound systems for open-air/outdoor concerts usually suck or at least questionable. So if she sounds dodgy, they can always blame the sound systems. Lol.

ESC94

Nope, I´m very sorry :au:, but for the second year in a row you send irritating crap to the contest. xgaah

I´m still not a fan of her voice, when she does this yodeling sounds it sounds especially unpleasant for me. The chorus comes completely out of nowhere, consists basically only of a repetition of the word "Technicolour" and doesn´t fit to the rest of the song for me. Even though it lasts only 2:50 it feels very long for me, too long for my taste.

At the moment I give Montaigne :1:, with huge potential to get downgraded soon. (n)

mauve

Veteran
Nope, I´m very sorry :au:, but for the second year in a row you send irritating crap to the contest. xgaah

I´m still not a fan of her voice, when she does this yodeling sounds it sounds especially unpleasant for me. The chorus comes completely out of nowhere, consists basically only of a repetition of the word "Technicolour" and doesn´t fit to the rest of the song for me. Even though it lasts only 2:50 it feels very long for me, too long for my taste.

At the moment I give Montaigne :1:, with huge potential to get downgraded soon. (n)
Ah! Here we are of different opinions again! I truly like the song because the song possesses unexpected moments without sounding for me pieces put together. It's refreshing. The only thing I am concerned of is if she will manage the vocals live. Last year she didn't and I fear that. The official version I gave a 10. But who knows what will happen once I hear it live ...

theditz83

Veteran
Anyone else wanting Montaigne to go mental with the staging and choreo for this performance? Like maybe if Kate Miller-Heidke plus Cesar from Romania had a child and it was able to pirouette on a vaulting pole while shooting lasers out of its eyes??

I want something bonkers 🤪

hijirio

Veteran
SHE CAN SING

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Still not as good as it could be, quite a lof of shakiness remains, but definitely better than last year's performance. I rest assured, it won't be a live disaster, I can keep my :10:.

mauve

Veteran
Oh no. That's what I feared. She isn't good live at all. Many off-tunes. Jeez. I might have to downgrade just as last year. If she can't really manage the vocal changes, she better take another song that's not so hard to sing. :( Disappointed, but that's exactly what I feared.

Top Bottom