Techni-technicolour
Techni-technicolour
If we care for one another
We can

Shine​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol that live was excellent, I thought. If she can bring the same performance energy to Eurovision it will make waves.

upgrade to a :12:. First one of the season WORTHY of the rare af Bobo twelve yw. Gj Aus.

Loindici

Veteran
I'm content with the live performance, as Technicolour is a HELL to sing with.

Mrm

Veteran
Geez that performance at the stadium.. :lol:

VikingTiger

Yes, Technicolour is a very demanding song to sing. And I guess Montaigne did pretty well, although I am by far a music professional... But pretty well is not quite enough, is it? I do like her voice, but in Technicolour she sounds at times rather screamy. So for me that live performance did not help me fall in love with the song. Still not for my playlist.

LoveTw

The performance is okay…Just don't know how they will stage this to make it qualify since her vocal is not the strong part. She ain't Eric Sadde who hides his meh vocals with his handsome face and a dance routine in a song that demands little vocal.

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, Technicolour is a very demanding song to sing. And I guess Montaigne did pretty well, although I am by far a music professional... But pretty well is not quite enough, is it? I do like her voice, but in Technicolour she sounds at times rather screamy. So for me that live performance did not help me fall in love with the song. Still not for my playlist.
It is not only about the vocals here, look at that stage, at that smoke, choreography, outfit, dancers, her hair, at that stadium overall.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pål Nordahl

I’ve given this another chance. Her vocal style is so unique but extremely grating to my ears unfortunately. Just so irritating. I haven’t been able to listen to the entire song yet for that reason and I had similar problems with last year’s entry.

Technicolor is difficult to put in any particular genre, which I like, and the overall vibe is actually quite cool and quirky (leaving out the adolescent sounding spoken pre-chorus). The melody is very memorable. It will absolutely stand out in Rotterdam, especially with Australia’s staging abilities, and could do pretty well.

But it’s not really for me, even if she manages flawless live vocals in May :5:

Preuss

I said this one could quickly become a mess a'la Jess Mauboy, and I stand by it seeing the live performance. She did sing quite well though, but mentioned something about her singing poorly hen being nervous... Isaiah and Jess began to struggle as the rehearsals went on, probably because the nerves got the best of them. Seems like Australia might be heading in that direction again

Zonne147

"Don't Break Me" was one of my favorites last year and I definitely wasn't expecting to give a no to this song but I have no choice.

Her vocals don't bother me, I don't think they as meh as some people say, but I cringe a bit with the song :( especially with the "I got power yeah, midnight is the hour yeah" part.

At least I find it quite memorable (not in a good way for me) but this is the first Australian entry that I definitely don't want to see in the final.

:4: or :5:

FilipFromSweden

Totally my style of music :12:

Last year was :0:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
She can actually deliver it live (in the best way possible since it's hard as hell to sing this) but they better find a way to make this pop at Rotterdam otherwise it won't qualify.

And can we talk about her looks?? She looks hot!!!

It's a :10: for me. But not sure how it's going to work live at ESC and might be the first entry from Australia not qualifying.

midnightsun

Veteran
This is Marina and the Diamonds performed by Malta's Micaela and her struggling voice/moves on stage. I don't think Montaigne can deliver as some assume here but if she will I won't be the last to not acknowledge her work. For her own sake I wish she DOES deliver, she seems to be someone you'd wish a success.

Iker

Veteran
Wow, I like it a lot, edgy and enjoyable for me. It draws me in its first 5 seconds already with that unique intro. I found her entry last year pretty good, but this one is even better.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Very daring song, but for obvious reasons fans are trashing it.

Sammy

Veteran

The full version of the performance can be found here. Video quality is not that good though.
vocal quality isn't either. OMG! There's a LOT to do until may! The song is not bad, but she should look for strong backing vocalists!

Top Bottom