Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

Ok, before I start with my comment I just want to make something clear: I`m absolutely NO FAN of Keiino, so please don´t call me frustrated.

I have to admit that even though I wasn´t crazy for "Attention" in 2020 it was at least a pleasant song to listen to, but this year :no:
has made a bad decision. (n)

For me, "Fallen Angel" sounds like soo many talent show winner titles, especially the last chorus is super cheesy and makes me feel uncomfortable while listening to. The performance with the angel wings doesn´t make it any better since it reminds me of :hr: 2019, and I didn´t like this song as well. Since his voice is also not my cup of tea there´s very little to be positive about.

In the end I give :1:, even though I don´t like the song at all the performance is at least a bit entertaining in its cringeyness, and because I like another song choses at the weekend even less.

Jopi

I actually kinda agree with Tix / Salvador comparison. I like when artists use eurovision as a platform to open up about health/mental issues, and living with that. We'll see what the juries will say, but I can see general public get behind Fallen Angel.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ohh it's horrible idea when artists emphasize their sad stories, conditions, backgrounds for some pity points. There were disabled singers and with sad background before and they didn't emphasize it.

This is still SONG contest. Let his song speak about his results. I wanna hear great music, the best from every nation. Right? Norway?

If you don't like my Post, click ignore button or link me part of my Post that u don't agree with so we can have healthy conversation. :sneaky::giggle:

crashworld

Veteran
But this is Eurovision Song Contest and not a reality show.
Oh well, ESC is not exactly a reality TV show but it's a song contest that features real people. So one (especially new/young *ignorant* viewers without knowing the history of ESC) may treat ESC like those Idol/Talent shows. Therefore, I won't be surprised if there is enough traction on his song and his back story, he may do gain support just because people empathise with him.

But I despise that. People should vote based on the merits of the song and the performance. Not because the artist has some sad personal story.

Some people on the wiwi podcast drew comparisons to Jamala and Salvador. I repeat: Jamala and Salvador.

WeeWee bloggs are just jumping on the hype train? What's new. LOL.
But then I can also see why they may think so because both of these winners do have some background story about them (Jamala's personal story with her song and Salvador having to deal with health issues).

Just here to say - TIX is new Mahmood.
Urmmm. Are you high?

mauve

Veteran
Ok, before I start with my comment I just want to make something clear: I`m absolutely NO FAN of Keiino, so please don´t call me frustrated.

I have to admit that even though I wasn´t crazy for "Attention" in 2020 it was at least a pleasant song to listen to, but this year :no:
has made a bad decision. (n)

For me, "Fallen Angel" sounds like soo many talent show winner titles, especially the last chorus is super cheesy and makes me feel uncomfortable while listening to. The performance with the angel wings doesn´t make it any better since it reminds me of :hr: 2019, and I didn´t like this song as well. Since his voice is also not my cup of tea there´s very little to be positive about.

In the end I give :1:, even though I don´t like the song at all the performance is at least a bit entertaining in its cringeyness, and because I like another song choses at the weekend even less.
I agree on everything you said except that I was more generous with the points. :LOL: But I have to add that in Norwegian, the song sounded so much better (I don't know why this happens once in a while when songs are suddenly sung in English, they sound worser). In English it sounds cheesy and as you stated like a talent show winner.

Ezio

Veteran
Some people on the wiwi podcast drew comparisons to Jamala and Salvador. I repeat: Jamala and Salvador.

So what? No one knows them.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Matt's reaction video is the greatest thing I've seen all week. So cute! It almost makes TIX's victory worth it? xthink

Also, I think it's hilarious to see non-Norwegians total bewilderment at this result. Literally not a single person I've been talking to from home are surprised. He has a HUGE fan-base. It's a shame none of them will be able to vote for him in May, but perhaps he'll have enough Matts to pull him through the semi.
What about my votes? What about my dreams?

Ezio

Veteran
My last nights reaction the performance and results are finally up.

LOL. Great reaction video. Love it! "With arms wide open" (from Creed) soundtrack kicks in, as @Matt is gleefully receiving his baby born by the Norwegian public.

MooseShoes

Okay, first a (belated) attempt to lighten the mood...

"What was I laughing at now? Oh yes, that Rein Alexander performance."

Anyway, I managed to free up the big telly and watch the Norwegian final and was really impressed, particularly with the vocals on offer. Now to the big issue.

I can understand frustration with Keiino losing out, although that certainly does not justify abuse from bitter so-called fans; lots of people see them as the gallant televote winners unfairly spurned by the juries in 2019, which is something I agree on, despite not being a massive fan of Spirit in the Sky. I definitely had it down as that years's Higher Ground but I had no idea it would be to that extent. Also, it would be unfair enough but their televote victory was almost completely passed over, compared to Sergey Lazarev in 2016, so that marks up their need for "revenge," "redemption" whatever, in the eyes of some.

That being said, my gut feeling is that Monument wouldn't have done as well as Spirit in the Sky. One thing that many of us are bad at is trying to gauge how people outside the Eurovision bubble will react to things in May, but my suspicion is that enough of them would have a vague recollection of Keiino from the last "real" ESC (2020 won't have counted for many Casuals) and may not have been so keen to pick up the phone for them this time.

On to Tix. Erm, I can't put my finger on why but I'm actually really charmed by Fallen Angel and I've had the song in my head all weekend. I'm usually a full-on Eurosnob but seem to have a weak spot for entries like this. Semi-final 1 is going to be really strong, but I can definitely see a path for this to reach the final. I'm not buying in to the comparisons with :hr: 2019 either: Tix seems to commit to this staging whereas poor Roko looked like he'd been forced into those wings if he wanted Jacques Houdek to return his pet cat unharmed.

And it's an :8: from me!

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Ontopic.. Norwegians, u are in red marks, not green Marks on betting odds. This is the first time I've looked at odds this year. Are you surprised he isn't well received outside norway?
I think you're the only one who cares tbh. But no, this isn't surprising. Maybe his hardcore fans are surprised, I dunno.

Personally, I want Tix to flop because it's what NRK deserves after having voting issues in the final two years in a row, and not sacking Stig Karlsen after the disastrous backup jury scandal last year.

HayashiM

Veteran
I think "having a message" can only get you so far in ESC and would be hard for Tix to make work properly. Michael Schulte had some sort of that and succeded, but Joci Pápai came up with something rather similar and failed. And while Soldi is also based on missing daddy issues, I very much doubt most of the audience actually understood that point the night of the competition.

98+% of the audience see the acts for the very first time in the semifinals and have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. That is another differentiating factor from talent shows like BGT, where you have loooong introductions of the artist with plenty of time to present a nicely cooked sobstory of the day, but in ESC, postcards are shorter and usually don't provide that much room for similar chitchat.

You can try to make your message reach the audience with the staging, but I don't see any of that in Tix's performance - and I actually don't see him making big changes, when the song already is about fallen angels. Tix's message is rather difficult to communicate in a short timespan. Should he really try playing that card, he could only do so in his postcard or hope the commentators will mention it in the few seconds they have inbetween the acts, which is quite a gamble.

Don't get me wrong, I am no hater of the song, I'd probably even consider rating it somewhere around :8: or :10: had it remained in Norwegian. But for the moment, comparing Fallen Angel to 1944 of APD really is quite a stretch in my opinion.

Journalist

About the version of the song, both are great for me. Norwegian has something specific for sure but english version is really great as well as the other one. His voice is perfect and strong so he can sing whatever he wants.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
So regardless the result, i believe Tix will make great international career very soon, like Mahmood did.
VERY SOON?

Like... this guy wrote Sweet but Psycho and is one of the hottest names in Norwegian showbizz and has a massive established career...

TIX winning MGP is equivalent to Ellie Goulding or Lewis Capaldi winning Eurovision: You Decide.

hawadharma

Ohh it's horrible idea when artists emphasize their sad stories, conditions, backgrounds for some pity points. There were disabled singers and with sad background before and they didn't emphasize it.

This is still SONG contest. Let his song speak about his results. I wanna hear great music, the best from every nation. Right? Norway?

If you don't like my Post, click ignore button or link me part of my Post that u don't agree with so we can have healthy conversation. :sneaky::giggle:

I liked (supposed) Russia's entry in 2017 - "Flame Is Burning", not because the fact that Julia is disabled, but the song itself tugs at my heartstrings.

Journalist

@Jopi definitely! On the other hand, I like the Norwegian version because it is something specific, some stamp that only Norway will have on ESC precisely because of the language.

crashworld

Veteran
VERY SOON?

Like... this guy wrote Sweet but Psycho and is one of the hottest names in Norwegian showbizz and has a massive established career...

TIX winning MGP is equivalent to Ellie Goulding or Lewis Capaldi winning Eurovision: You Decide.

But TIX is not that well-known internationally right? His popularity is still very Norwegian-centric. I wouldn't even know he wrote Ava Max's break-out hit until someone mentioned this. I don't know if Tix's song has gotten the traction like Mahmood did or will he ever get there. Because now Tix seems more like the person who "wrongfully" won the NF/beat the ESC fandom's favourite - KeiiNo. Therefore, I would say it's more of a KIV situation on whether he is able to the break-out star internationally.

I just sat down and watch the NF properly (because I was focusing on UMK), here are just some of my thoughts:
- KeiiNo's and Jorn's songs are made for the ESC stage. I would imagine the impact of the songs will have on a bigger stage.
- Raylee did a disservice by changing her appearance. I like the outfit but the hairstyle should have been kept to the 80s/Fame-inspired look to match the overall staging/sound of the song. Not sure if that cost her any points though.
- Vocally there isn't a bad performer. The worst is Atle but he still sounded decent.
- The overall quality of the songs are not bad, quite a diverse selection.
- Emmy definitely gave more than just walking around.
- My favourite staging is actually Kaja's one. Ignore her horrendous outfit, I really like the laser lighting show in the background. It's so simple and effective to create a mood.
- Worst staging is Rein's. I feel the dancers don't quite match up with the song.

rasmuslights

Veteran
yeah Tix is very big in Norway but he is quite a local star. I'd say the hottest names would Astrid S, Sigrid, Aurora and Alan Walker - they are actually known outside of Norway:)

Top Bottom