1 0.7%

7 4.6%

14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

AliceEsc

I also shed a few tears like @hunty73 and @AliceEsc and seriously, I think that people can get moved by her song/performance/"story" which will lead them to vote for it in May. It has a lot of potential and personally, I would keep it simple. She doesn't have to move or anything. Just give me some intimacy, fragile honesty and beauty (like the song itself) and she will be more than fine.
Some LED work (changing from black to mysterious blue-ish colours to showing a sunrise over Iceland's glaciers in the end) for Rotterdam would be a great addition, imo.

Agree. I actually liked that she didn't make a single move, unlike making hand gestures or anything. Just play with lights and camera work.

Mrm

Veteran

I need this in Rotterdam so much!! xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly don't feel like Dadi should ever be considered to be sent to Eurovision. I don't need artists in Eurovision who support the idea of boycotting the whole event. I mean why is he still there trying to represent Iceland? He clearly doesn't have the Eurovision spirit and doesn't share the view that Eurovision is a way of uniting a war-torn and very diverse continent through a light entertainment programme.

Uto

Veteran

I need this in Rotterdam so much!! xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic xmusic
Although I would readily admit that this is actually a really decent song that I underrated by quite a margin this just shouldn't win against something as massive as Oculis. Sucks really, this is much like Lithuania where we're just dropping good songs from small countries only to see insufferable nonsense coming out of France and probably Denmark as well.

Mrm

Veteran
@Uto

With Dadi Iceland will be in top of my list, with Iva in the middle, closer to bottom if more countries deliver...

Uto

Veteran
@Uto

With Dadi Iceland will be in top of my list, with Iva in the middle, closer to bottom if more countries deliver...
For me it's exactly the other way around. Predictive models would probably support my idea as well. Dathi has a similar fishing pond as The Roop. Quirky entry, successful at being tongue-in-cheek without losing credibility, but it's ultimately just a pretty forgettable song performed really well. They tend to run into the same problems we always see with stuff like Lake Malawi. No one votes against it, but only a handful of people vote for it. Also, as The Roop exists, won't that just hard counter this?

Mrm

Veteran
For me it's exactly the other way around. Predictive models would probably support my idea as well. Dathi has a similar fishing pond as The Roop. Quirky entry, successful at being tongue-in-cheek without losing credibility, but it's ultimately just a pretty forgettable song performed really well. They tend to run into the same problems we always see with stuff like Lake Malawi. No one votes against it, but only a handful of people vote for it. Also, as The Roop exists, won't that just hard counter this?

Dadi >>>>>>> The Roop, in my book.. :)

bazinga

I honestly don't feel like Dadi should ever be considered to be sent to Eurovision. I don't need artists in Eurovision who support the idea of boycotting the whole event. I mean why is he still there trying to represent Iceland? He clearly doesn't have the Eurovision spirit and doesn't share the view that Eurovision is a way through a light entertainment programme.
so you say eurovision is a way of uniting a war-torn and very diverse continent,and still keep trashing and hating on songs.hypocritical much?

Uto

Veteran
so you say eurovision is a way of uniting a war-torn and very diverse continent,and still keep trashing and hating on songs.hypocritical much?
It's better to go hating on each others songs than to go bomb shit, no? I mean, hate will prevail, but if it's songs we're hating, I don't see the issue.

bazinga

nope
It's better to go hating on each others songs than to go bomb shit, no? I mean, hate will prevail, but if it's songs we're hating, I don't see the issue.
nope,its better to not hate on anything.You dont like smth,cool.Just say I dont like it and forget about it

Mainshow

Veteran

Oh gosh! The reach!

Yes, Eurovision is a way to unite Europe for an evening through entertainment.
Yes, I have the right to adore, love, like, be indifferent to, dislike, hate entries. Everyone does. That's the concept of sharing views on a forum. Also, the way we perceive music is always subjective.
I heavily dislike the French entry but STILL i don't hate France or support the idea of neglecting France's right to participate next year (even though their Head of Delegation deserves to be punished for submitting that utterly horrendous entry).

What's the connection between the view that "all European countries should be allowed to participate in, win and host Eurovision" and me heavily disliking a particular entry?

You disowning other people's rights to rank entries the way they wanna rank them is tiring and very questionable, imo.

Being a hypocrite is when you ask your home country to entirely boycott Eurovision by signing a petition in 2019 whilst trying to represent it in 2020.

Uto

Veteran
Being a hypocrite is when you ask your home country to entirely boycott Eurovision by signing a petition in 2019 whilst trying to represent it in 2020.
Point stands as a general idea. But to be frank, context is different now since the boycott was aimed at Israel. The Dutch aren't known for mistreating Palestinians. It's not necessarily hypocritical.

Mainshow

Veteran
Point stands as a general idea. But to be frank, context is different now since the boycott was aimed at Israel. The Dutch aren't known for mistreating Palestinians. It's not necessarily hypocritical.

That's a very good and fair point and I somehow understand his intention.

Personally, I think he had every right to decide to not compete in Iceland's national final in 2019 but signing a competition for his country to withdraw was a low move because it's neither Netta nor the Israeli broadcaster who mistreat Palestinians. I mean, Iceland also took part in Russia and Azerbaijan and will probably take part if Belarus or Armenia wins... + He probably wants to represent Iceland to experience something unique, make his country proud and get some exposure for his music. By signing that petition, he wanted to take away all that from another participant who might not think of Eurovision has a contest which is only allowed to be hosted by countries with the same views, etc.
Of course, he has every right to voice his opinion. I just personally don't like the idea of seeing artists in Eurovision who are very vocally against certain countries taking part.

Eurovision serves its purpose when I see Turkish televoters voting for Armenia (or Russian for Ukraine and vice versa), or when I see Dihaj and Artsvik standing next to each other for a promo pic.. I don't need some "Egyptian sportler refused to shake Israeli hands before the match"-like headlines in Eurovision.

Uto

Veteran
Personally, I think he had every right to decide to not compete in Iceland's national final in 2019 but signing a competition for his country to withdraw was a low move because it's neither Netta nor the Israeli broadcaster who mistreat Palestinians.
This is exactly why I dislike boycotts usually. You’re trying to punish the wrong people who will simply be frustrated and compassion breaks down for a while. It’s futile as regret can pretty much only come from compassion and change can pretty much only come from regret.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don't get the attraction to "Gagnamagnið". It sounds average af to me. It is my 6th fave out of the 10 entries in total xscared

Please :is:, give me Iva or Nina xpray Or even Dimma but i doubt it would do good :(

Top Bottom