10 5.1%

4 2.0%

4 2.0%

12 6.1%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
@ A-lister

He is very well positioned in his ballad style so I doubt he will change anything for ESC..

A-lister

Veteran
@ A-lister

He is very well positioned in his ballad style so I doubt he will change anything for ESC..

Actually, it wouldn't be a drastic change... just more emphasizing on the ethno parts that is. As of now it's a bit meh in my ears.

Mrm

Veteran
@ A-lister

I posted in B&H article what I want, and it's ethno ballad! :D

But I posted more for his vocal, than for that song.. :D I love that vocal!

A-lister

Veteran
@ A-lister

I posted in B&H article what I want, and it's ethno ballad! :D

But I posted more for his vocal, than for that song.. :D I love that vocal!

I see... maybe something like that but with a stronger melody...

Those vocals are ok-ish, I prefer a bit more "folky" sounding vocals in a song like that though.

Scooby

Well this was expected decision. RTCG contacted him for Malmo too but he refused because of the song, a nd in one interview from may he said that he would be ready for next year. An' I hope that he is ready this time. It's really nice that ex-yu region is strong this year after disaster in Malmo. Tijana for Makedonija, Sergej for Montenegro, Hari for Bosnia, and I can bet that Serbia will choose big name too (probably Nataša Bekvalac).

Personally I really enjoy in Sergej music, he is just a extraordinary singer. All his songs are very romantic, with a really strong lyrics. But from other side I must notice that he is a little bit boring on the stage, he is just to static and that can be big minus on Eurovision.

My personal favourite is Pogledi u tami

A kada odu svi, mi ostat ćemo sami, samo ja i ti, i pogledi u tami. reci mi da znam da jutro nije blizu, da ima vremena za poljubce u nizu. ahhhhhh xheart

CPV4931

Kind of expected selection from Montenegro, but not a bad one.
Maybe Montenegro can reach the final with him in Copenhagen :-)

Milos-BC

Great choice from RTCG yet again, from my perspective (I personally adore most of his songs) :D Sergej is their, currently, most popular singer, best known and I believe he can bring the first final for :me: with the right song.

I can't wait to hear it :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I just watched a few videos on youtube of Sergej's songs. I'm not really sure what to make of this artist choice. It's certainly a safe choice anyway. A couple of the songs I listened to, it was like as if I stepped into a time warp machine and went back to around the moment when some person thought that putting the sounds of twinkling stars falling during songs was a genius idea. His voice is ok but didn't give me any emotions. The songs were just pleasant, dare I say "middle of the road". I won't pass any proper judgement until we have heard the Eurovision song. What's promising is that it's his own song. Hopefully he'll put all of himself into this one special opportunity.

GWTW1939

Igranka will be a real tough act to follow, Montenegro were really robbed this year!! X-OISOOC

Sergej sounds like a safe choice and that worries me cause I'm not sure this is a country that can afford to play it safe. Then again they didn't this year and it didn't pay off so who knows, one extreme to another. :lol: Being really popular in the Balkans is a plus so hopefully they are in a semi that has some friends in it cause no matter what they send I don't see a jury totally supporting them. This country just isn't on their automatic short list and we'll see if their anti-Balkan stance continues :mad:

I enjoy a really good Balkan ballad so I'm excited to see what they bring! xcheer

Steffan

Woo! It will probably be a snooze-fest but I really love seeing artists who are big in YU countries being sent to ESC :) Great choice Montenegro :D

SRBIJA

Banned
Well this was expected decision. RTCG contacted him for Malmo too but he refused because of the song, a nd in one interview from may he said that he would be ready for next year. An' I hope that he is ready this time. It's really nice that ex-yu region is strong this year after disaster in Malmo. Tijana for Makedonija, Sergej for Montenegro, Hari for Bosnia, and I can bet that Serbia will choose big name too (probably Nataša Bekvalac).

Personally I really enjoy in Sergej music, he is just a extraordinary singer. All his songs are very romantic, with a really strong lyrics. But from other side I must notice that he is a little bit boring on the stage, he is just to static and that can be big minus on Eurovision.

My personal favourite is Pogledi u tami

A kada odu svi, mi ostat ćemo sami, samo ja i ti, i pogledi u tami. reci mi da znam da jutro nije blizu, da ima vremena za poljubce u nizu. ahhhhhh xheart

Where are you even getting this information from? xfaint

Mrm

Veteran
Bekvalac!:?xshockxfacepalmxcry1xfaint

Mrm

Veteran
@ A-lister

Serbia is already ashamed enough with composition from this year, at least vocals were great, now we only need Bekvalac and I can sink totally! :? :( xboring xfacepalm xfaint

A-lister

Veteran
@ A-lister

Serbia is already ashamed enough with composition from this year, at least vocals were great, now we only need Bekvalac and I can sink totally! :? :( xboring xfacepalm xfaint

Well, I'd rather pick Ana Nikolic or someone else... but I'm fine with Natasa! Poludim... remains one of my all-time fav turbo-folk bangerz! xcheer

Scooby

Where are you even getting this information from? xfaint

That informations was published in many newspapers, everybody knows that

A-lister Nataša Bekvalac have nothing in common with turbo-folk, Ana Nikolić too (her style is pop-folk so typical for Balkans). Seka Aleskić is turbo folk, same as Stoja, Mile Kitić, Karleuša on the begin of her career

This is school example of turbo folk, slut singer + idiotic lyrics + absence of any vocal abilities = Stoja

A-lister

Veteran
^
Nah, both Natasa and Ana have released a fair share of turbo-folk songs... not all is as trashy (and fab :mrgreen:) as the one you posted here though :)

Scooby

Is Norway ESC 2012 turbo-folk? You see all balkans uptempo songs who are not westernised as turbo-folk? Thats our pop music, we just have specific music style and thats it.

A-lister

Veteran
Is Norway ESC 2012 turbo-folk? You see all balkans uptempo songs who are not westernised as turbo-folk? Thats our pop music, we just have specific music style and thats it.

:lol:

No, I heard Pop from the balkans without those ethno elements and singing styles aswell... and there's a difference.

I guess the difference is that you find turbo-folk trashy, wheres I like it :mrgreen: So the few turbo-folk-ish tracks you like, you call them something else ;)

Top Bottom