Tonight will see the first Eurovision show of the new year taking place in Lithuania as the national broadcaster LRT kicks off Eurovizija, or to give it it’s full name “Eurovizijos dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka”.
Much like the full name of the competition the Lithuanian national selections will be one of the longest in 2015, with the song eventually being decided on 14th February and the artist to sing it on 22nd February. If that wasn’t enough for you there will also be a ‘Best of’ show on 28th February and a special concert to present the winner and their entry on 1st March, making ten shows in total.
Tonight we will have the presentation of the twelve artists taking part who will sing covers of international hits in a pre-recorded show. No elimination will take place tonight but the results from tonight will be combined with those of next week’s show to decide the first elimination.
The singers taking part and their songs tonight are;
- Edgaras Lubys – Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
- Jurgis Bruzga – Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
- Liepa Mondeikaitė – What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
- Mia – Chandelier (Sia)
- Milita Daikerytė – Only Love Can Hurt Like This (Paloma Faith)
- Monika Linkytė – Queen of the Night (Whitney Houston)
- Neringa Šiaudikytė – Euphoria (Loreen)
- Reda Striškaitė – If I Were A Boy (Beyoncé)
- Rollikai – Let’s Get Loud (Jennifer Lopez)
- Tadas Juodsnukis – Here I Go Again (Whitesnake)
- Vaidas Baumila – Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
- Wilma La – Set Fire To The Rain (Adele)
Next week’s show will see the same artist performing covers of Lithuanian hits.
Are you excited for Lithuania’s national final? Let us know your thoughts below or join the discussion on our forum!