For the alternative music fans who happen to share common ground as Eurovision fans (and yes, there are a few of us!), Estonia’s Eesti Laul is the holy grail of national finals. The pinnacle, if you will. And tonight, Estonia’s national selection holds its second semi-final, which will confirm which ten acts will be represented in Tallinn’s Saku Suurhall in two weeks time.
Last weekend, five acts qualified from the first semi-final; Elina Born, who also sang for Estonia in 2015, Ivo Linna, Lenna Kuurmaa, Karl-Kristjan & Whogaux ft. Maian and Ariadne.
Tonight, ten more acts fight for the approval of the Estonian public and jury. They are;
- Koit Toome & Laura – Verona
- Kerli – Spirit Animal
- Daniel Levi – All I Need
- Liis Lemsalu – Keep Running
- Close To Infinity ft. Ian Karell – Sounds Like Home
- Antsud – Vihm
- Almost Natural – Electric
- Rasmus Rändvee – This Love
- Alvistar Funk Association – Make Love, Not War
- Angeelia – We Ride With Our Flow
Five of these performers will reach the final, to be held on March 4th in Tallinn’s Saku Suurhall.
Which songs do #YOU think should go through? Share your thoughts below or join the discussion on our forum!