Since the closing moments of Vienna’s glamorous and vibrant hosting of the 2015 contest, and as the lights turned dark on the Wiener Stadthalle, Eurofans across the continent and beyond had already begun to yearn for more Eurovision. It’s been a long summer and autumn but tonight finally sees the first selection of 2016 come to a close!
Albania claims back its traditional position as the first country to choose its entry, after a few years of Swiss selections and last year’s November Skopje Fest. Tonight in Tirana, 22 songs will battle for the Albanian ticket to Stockholm.
So who is in with a shot? The 22 performers and their songs are as follows;
- Sigi Bastri – Engjëll i lirë
- Klodian Kaçani & Rezarta Smaja – Dashuri në përjetësi
- Dilan Reka – Buzëqesh
- Adrian Lulgjuraj – Jeto dhe ëndërro
- Erga Halilaj – Monolog
- Evans Rama – Flakë
- Jozefina Simoni – Një det me ty
- Egert Pano – Mos ik
- Genc Tukiçi – Sa të dashuroj
- Kozma Dushi – Një kafe
- Luiz Ejlli – Pa mbarim
- Teuta Kurti – Në sytë e mi
- Besa Krasniqi – Liroje zemrën
- Nilsa Hysi – Asaj
- Kristi Popa – Ajo çfarë ndjej
- Flaka Krelani – S’je për mua
- Enxhi Nasufi – Infinit
- Lindi Islami – Për një mrekulli
- Florent Abrashi – Të ndjek çdo hap
- Eneda Tarifa – Përrallë
- Renis Gjoka – Ato që s’ti them dot
- Aslajdon Zaimaj – Merrmë që sot
Seven jury members including 2008’s Olta Boka will decide the winner with their combined votes. The show will take place from 20:45 CET and you can watch the proceedings HERE.
So who are your favourites, what are your predictions and who should win?