Mild drama! A phrase uttered many times during a Eurovision selection season, but in mid-December we have our first case of controversy as Stéphanie Palazzo is disqualified from the Swiss national final in February after her song, “Perché mi guardi cosi?” was discovered to be formerly submitted in French in 2013.
Kaceo will be the band to replace her in the selection, with their Francophone entry “Discque d’or”. Both artists were submitted by the French-language broadcaster RTS alongside fellow finalist Bella C.
The new line-up of the Swiss national selection is as follows;
- Bella C – Another World (RTS)
- Vincent Gross – Half a Smile (SRF)
- Stanley Miller – Feel The Love (SRF)
- Kaceo – Disque d’or (RTS)
- Rykka – The Last of Our Kind (SRF)
- Theo – Because of You (RSI)
Watch the expert jury check performance of “Disque d’or” below;
Were Kaceo the right replacements? Who do you want to see singing for Switzerland in Stockholm?