As Melodifestivalen is coming to an end, ESC United got the chance to talk to Ellen Benediktson who will compete with the song “Songbird” on Saturday’s final.
What is your favourite Eurovision song?
– I have to say the French entry from last year. Both her and the song were so cool, sad that it didn’t go too well for her.
What is your favourite Melodifestivalen song?
– For nostalgic reasons I should say The Ark – The Worrying Kind because I was a huge fan of them when I was small.
Who is your biggest threat in the final?
– It’s hard to say. The final this year is very mixed with so many good and strong numbers. Fun! It will be exciting to see who will win everything.
What is the worst thing that could happen during the final?
– That I won’t be pleased with my performance. It would be displeasing to finish off with something that doesn’t feel good.
Will you change anything before the final?
– Not really. I don’t think you should change too much from what you did the first time because thats what people have seen, voted for and liked. I will have new jewellery though! Designed by the amazing jewellery craftsman Malin Ljung. So look at that!
What do you think about people buying votes?
– It’s sad; I don’t think any artist would want to win with cheating.
How will you celebrate if you win?
– With dance, dance, dance and party, party, party!
Do you think the draw order will change the result? – If yes, when would you have wanted to perform?
– No, not really. In the end everything is up to the song and the artist, then of course you can take advantage of different things but it feels like it’s useless to speculate in. You go out, do your thing and then it will go as it goes.
What do you think about Songbird? Give us your thoughts here on our forum.
Photo by hd.se.