As we are getting closer to the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen SVT has revealed all the hosts of this years show. For the main show it is the comic duo Nour El Refai and Anders Jansson and for the pre and after web show we have the YouTuber Clara Henry.
Clara Henry is a 19-year-old girl from Göteborg who started her carrier on YouTube. Right away after high school TV5 contacted Clara and together they produced her own web show starring Anton Ewald, Oscar Zia, Amanda Fondell and others.
We had the pleasure to talk to Clara Henry about two weeks before the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen.
What is your all-time favourite Eurovision song?
– I’m usually no whiz at remembering the songs, let alone those that aren’t from Sweden. In contrast, Lithuania’s InCulto – Eastern European Funk from 2010, is a song that I could still find myself humming. It’s absolutely incredible!
– If you asked me this ten years ago, I would scream YEEES and I would have put on my sequence dress. Today I’m not so sure. A fun experience, but I don’t think I’m that good at singing and I would probably shit myself from nervousness.
What will make you different from the previous hosts?
– Great question, actually. Be Clara Henry? I want to make a web show that is marked by humour and spontaneity. A great hang.
If you get the chance to do a YouTube video with one of this year’s artists, who would that be?
– I would make a “No Mirror Makeup Challenge” with Yohio and a dance-tutorial with Alcazar.
Is there anything you can reveal for ESCUnited’s readers?
– I don’t know… That it will be fat like butter?
What part of being a host do you look forward to the most?
– Everything! To be super-good-looking in TV for six weeks straight, to travel, to meet and interview the artists and see everything that happens backstage. And eating breakfast at the hotel. Mmmmm.
Photo by SVT.
Do you think Nour El Refai and Anders Jansson will make a better job than Gina Dirawi and Danny Saucedo? Was it a good choice by SVT to select such a young web show presenter? Discuss it on our forum here.