The Melodifestival debutant Ace Wilder raised in Florida, USA is a singer songwriter who recently started to perform herself after being a songwriter for a while. She has written some songs that got top ten in Germany but now it’s her chance to make a name for herself in Sweden. Ace will compete in the 3rd semi-final with the song “Busy Doin’ Nothin'”.
ESC United got the chance to talk to Ace Wilder and see what her expectations are for Melodifestivalen.
What got you to say yes to participate in Melodifestivalen?
– I had no expectations when we sent in the song, so when I heard that I was in I was completely shocked! I said yes right away!
Is your song typical Ace Wilder, how do you think Sweden will react to it?
– The song is pop with a twist, which feels very much Ace.
What are your expectations on Melodifestivalen?
– I have NO expectations! I’m not a very competitive person and I don’t see it as a competition… On the other hand I see it as a chance to show whom Ace Wilder is.
If you win, what would you look forward to most in Eurovision?
– Wow wow wow… I would probably look forward to hearing everyone else’s entry and to make Sweden proud of course!
What entry in Melodifestivalen do you think is your biggest threat?
– Honestly I can’t answer that… but believe me I have thought about it.
What is your all-time favourite Eurovision song?
– Diggi-Loo, Diggi-Ley!!!
Do you think Ace has a good chance of going the whole way to Copenhagen? Discuss it in our forum here.