He is a student of Dentistry at the Medical faculty of Ljubljana and also a student of singing at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana. He participated in the popular festival Melodija Morja in Sonca where he won the prize of the professional jury. He is coming to EMA with the song Zdaj je čas (Now’s the time). Gregor thinks of himself as a very happy person who has many friends and enormous amount of positive energy. He was kind enough to chat to ESC United. Check out his interview.
When and why did you apply for EMA?
– I think EMA is the most watched music show in Slovenia. It is a great opportunity for a young artist to perform on this stage. So as soon as it was possible to apply I started to work on my song.
What can you tell us anything about your EMA song?
– It is a love song with a positive message. It has a modern sound and I am happy to have the honour to perform it on EMA 2018.
What is your first Eurovision memory?
– I remember watching Eurovision when I was very young. I think one of the first Eurovision contests I watched was in 2007, when Serbia won.
Your favourite Eurovision song?
– I think it would be an Italian one. Grande amore or L’essenziale.
What is a typical day like for you?
– Usually I wake up early. In the morning I have classes at the Faculty of Medicine while in the afternoon I spend my time at the Academy of Music. I like to spend my free time with friends.
Would you be so kind to tell us something interesting about yourself? Something that isn’t commonly known.
– Hmm… I am actually quite an open person, so I don’t know if there really is something unknown about me. I am a very honest person and I like it that way. 🙂