We continue to bring you exclusive interview with Eurovision hopefulls from all around the continent.
Today, we are also having a stop at Iceland as we had a chat with Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson.
Rúnar, how would you describe yourself in just two short sentences?
– Energetic: I always have atleast 3 balls in the air at the same time. 🙂
Happy: I never have a dull moment, ad I have 2 beautifull kids and an amazing girlfriend.
What was your inspiration for “Make your way back home”?
– The song is quite personal, although it started out as a little bit of a joke. My girlfriend comes from Ísafjördur, which is about a 6 hour drive from my hometown Akureyri. She went to her hometown for a visit and I decided to write her a song right the next day, saying “Make your way back home”, becouse life is quite boring without her. 🙂
Are you preparing your stage performance? Can you tell us something about it?
– Well nothing has been decided yet, but it’s something I am working on. All I know is that it will be something that fits the song, nothing over the top.
What’s your favorite Eurovision song?
– Ireland 1987: Hold me now by Johnny
Logan. It’s my absoloute favorite. 🙂
Would you be so kind to tell our readers something interesting about yourself?
– Well apart from music, I used to be an icehockey player. I played in Canada, Danmark and Iceland, as well as playing for the Icelandic national team for 9 years, and I’ve played against the Serbian team, in Novi Sad and in Belgrade. 🙂
And in the end, do you have any message for our followers and Eurovision fans?
– Just enjoy the show in Ukraine, I really hope to see you there. 🙂
And check out my music on youtube, like my covers of “Take on me” & “Holding out for a hero”.
Runnar, thank you so much for your time! I wish you all the best at Söngvakeppnin 2017. 🙂
It was my biggest pleasure! Cheers…