Romania have become the latest country to declare for Tel Aviv, as this evening saw the culmination of Selecția Națională 2019.
Twelve acts participated in the final, with just one ticket up for grabs for the lucky winner. The participating acts were;
- Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- Olivier Kaye – Right Now
- Laura Bretan – Dear Father
- Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- Claudiu Mirea – We Are the Ones
- Aldo Blaga – Your Journey
- Ester Peony – On a Sunday
- Letiția Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – Daina
- Bella Santiago – Army of Love
- Trooper – Destin
- Dya & Lucian Colareza – Without You (Sin ti)
- Vaida – Underground
The show also featured performances from Netta, Emmelie de Forest and Inis Neziri, winner of Golden Stag, an international singing competition in Romania.
The winner was decided by a combination of jury and televoting, with an international jury consisting of artist and producer Alex Calancea, music producer Șerban Cazan, TV executive Tali Eshkoli, Emmelie de Forest and, of course, William Lee Adams and Deban Aderemi from wiwibloggs!
After a combination of their scores with the Romanian televote, it became clear – Ester Peony would be going to Tel Aviv to represent Romania!
What do #YOU think of the decision? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!
You must be logged in to post a comment.