In a press conference, the Portuguese broadcaster RTP has just announced the 12 artists as well as composers and song titles that will take part in this year’s Festival da Canção. The winner of the traditional music competition will get to represent Portugal in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015.
The most notable name in the line-up is Simone de Oliveira – she already represented Portugal twice, in 1965 and 1969!
Semi final 1 – 3 March
1. Rita Seidi (Sara Tavares / Kalaf Epalanga) – Lisboa, Lisboa
2. Leonor Andrade (Miguel Gameiro) – Há Um Mar Que Nos Separa
3. Filipa Batista (Augusto Madureira) – A Noite Inteira
4. Yola Dinis (Nuno Feist / Nuno Marques da Silva) – Outra Vez Primavera
5. Gonçalo Tavares (Gonçalo Tavares) – Tu Tens Uma Mágica
6. Adelaide Ferreira (Adelaide Ferreira) – Paz
Semi final 2 – 5 March
1. Rubi Machado (Sebastião Antunes) – Quando A Lua Voltar A Passar
2. José Freitas (Churky) – Mal Menor (Ninguém Me Guia À Razão)
3. Teresa Radamanto (Fernando Abrantes / Jorge Mangorrinha) – Um Fado Em Viena
4. Simone de Oliveira (Renato Júnior / Tiago Torres da Silva) – À Espera das Canções
5. Filipe Gonçalves (Héber Marques) – Dança Joana
6. Diana Piedade (Carlos Massa) – Maldito Tempo
In each semi final, two artists will qualify via televoting while one additional spot is determined by an expert jury. During the final, the selection method of the semi finals remains the same as two songs reach the super final by televoting and one with the help of the jury. The overall winner will be determined by televoting only. The final will take place on 7 March and will be hosted by Catarina Furtado & Júlio Isidro.
Are you happy with the Festival da Canção line-up? Do you think Portugal can make it to the final this time?