A note from our friends from OGAE.
The SECOND CHANCE RETRO 1976 contest is getting under way.
OGAE Rest of the World has already selected their song: The Four Seasons – December 1963 (Oh What a Night)
A video of the 1995 remix!
SECOND CHANCE RETRO 1976 & GUEST JURY HITS 1976
Hello OGAE friends!
A little later than usual, but this is your formal invitation to take part in SECOND CHANCE RETRO and GUEST JURY HITS, this time for 1976!
Austria, Germany, Italy, Malta, ROW and the UK have all registered early interest.
If your country held a National Final in 1976, you can enter a song from that final (not the winner) to Second Chance Retro 1976.
If your country did not hold a National Final in 1976, you can enter a hit song from your country from 1976 to Guest Jury Hits 1976.
Or, you can be a guest jury without a song in either contest (ie voting only).
Participation is free and the songs will be made available via a free download (although you will need to provide your own entry).
You can see dates and rules below. Voting will take place in the summer of 2013. I will need your song file by the end of June, so everything can be finalised after Malmo.
I would like to have a complete participants list as soon as possible.
JOIN IN THE RETRO FUN? SAVE YOUR KISSES FOR ME? (ignore the second question, haha)
Thanks and good luck with your plans for Malmo! Maybe see you there….
DATES FOR RETRO & GJH 1976
– Formal Invitation to all Clubs – 31/03/13 – COMPLETE
– Participation Confirmation Deadline – 01/06/13
– Song File, Artist Picture to be with SECHUK by – 30/06/13
– Order of Presentation Draw – 07/07/13
– Songs available for voting from – 15/07/13
– National Voting Period to 31 August 2013 (may be extended)
– On-Line Voting Reveal Starts 09 September 2013 (5 to 7 days)..
RULES FOR RETRO & GJH 1976
1. There are no direct costs for participation.
2. OGAE Clubs (where the Country held a National ESC Final for the Retro year in question) can choose their favourite (non-winning) song from their ESC Selection of that year for SECOND CHANCE RETRO.
3. All other OGAE Clubs can participate as Guest Juries for Second Chance Retro and also enter a Hit Song from the same year in GUEST JURY HITS.
4. A Guest Jury can still be a Guest Jury voting on both Contests without an entry in either Contest.
5. SECHUK will be the web resource for both Second Chance Retro and Guest Jury Hits.
6. Both SECOND CHANCE RETRO and GUEST JURY HITS are voted on by the same juries, from the same sound tracks (via free download links) and voting is revealed on both contests via this site. All Jury members must vote on both contests to keep the voting fair and even.
7. In some cases, OGAE Clubs decide not to participate, but with the agreement of that club, a fan in their country can arrange that country’s participation instead (an active rule – added to the site 28/07/11).
8. Dates are issued (above) for the whole programme. Participating Clubs agree to abide by the deadlines, or face possible disqualification.
9. All clubs must position all songs in their voting. If any country does not submit votes by the agreed deadline, their song could be disqualified and all voting towards that song discounted.