Montevizija 2018 will feature 5 participants, and one of them is Katarina Bogićević who participated in Got Talent, Your Face Sounds Familiar, and numerous festivals in addition to a lead role on the TV series Folk. On February 17th, she will perform her song “Neželjena” (Unwanted) written by Aleksandra Milutinović & Darko Dimitrov, who both have Eurovision experience. Aleksandra wrote the Bosnian entry from 2007, and Darko wrote several entries for FYR Macedonia.
Can you tell us who Katarina is?
– Katarina is a person who is very communicative and loves to hang out. She also loves her friends, animals, music and dance above all things, and besides all that, she also has the best and the most beautiful boyfriend in this universe. She isn’t very responsible, and it is so hard for her to eat healthy, because every day she could eat feta cheese and all kinds of potatoes.
How did you feel when you were told that you would participate in the Montenigrin national final?
– I was so thrilled! I cried a bit, because I really wanted it, but those were tears of joy.
What’s a typical day like for you?
– When I’m not performing, I sleep till 11. I just love to sleep, and it’s very hard to wake me up. While I’m having my first coffee, I like to listen to some jazz instrumentals, and I also check my Instagram account. Then I have a shower and do some yoga. When my boyfriend comes back from his work, we make some music and then we watch Family Guy. Later we take a walk by the sea, meet with some friends and when it gets dark we organize DnD or Karaoke nights or I even teach him to play salsa. My day ends with meditation and another episode of Family Guy. To sum it all up, there’s a lot of happiness, joy and laughter from the moment I open my eyes until I close them when I go the bed.
Tell us something interesting about yourself. Something that people usually don’t know.
– Recently, I’ve learned to play DnD. My friend has the gameboard and some action figures, so when we meet to play it last for three or four hours. I love to kill monsters and I enjoy every second of it. 😀
Describe your song in couple of words.
– It’s a very emotional pop ballad. It tells a story about today’s harsh reality, but also the future, where things get better.
What’s your first Eurovision memory?
– My memories come from Ruslana and her “Wild Dances.” I loved that song when I was a kid.
Your favorite Eurovision song?
– It has to be “Fairytale!”
Do you have any message for Eurovision fans from all around the world?
– I hope you will see me on the big stage in Lisbon and that you will understand my message. Let’s all help each other changing the world and make it much better.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Katarina and that you’ll watch her at Montevizija 2018 on February 17th! What do #YOU think of her chances in the national final?