Moldova, still on a high from their unexpected third place finish in Kyiv, will certainly be hoping for bigger things in Lisbon. We now have a clearer picture of this possibility, with the artists that could potentially take Moldova there revealed by the national broadcaster TRM earlier today.
28 artists have submitted entries that have made it through to the next round. Exactly half of the acts (14) will qualify for the live semi-final of the competition following a private audition process sometime in January.
The artists involved and their entries are;
- Anna Odobescu – Agony
- Anna Timofei – Endlessly
- Bella Luna – Moments
- Bostan – Frățică
- Che-MD – Inimă-n stînga
- Constantin Cobîlean – Numai tu
- Denny Feyton – Maybe It’s Love
- Dima Gaitur – Ona moya
- Doinița Gherman – Dance In Flames
- DoReDoS – My Lucky Day
- Felicia Dunaf – Alien
- 5 Stele – Moldavian Dance
- Ilia Sorocean & Dasha DaGro – Minds & Veins
- Lavinia Rusu – Altundeva
- Laura Bagrii – Odă bucuriei
- Maria Codreanu – Zâmbește soarelui
- Marina Cudalb – Bianco e Nero
- Nicoleta Sava – Esencia del Sur
- Pelageya Stefoglo – Let’s Start Together Right Now
- Ruslan Țăranu – Come to Life
- Saidy – Beautiful Song
- Sandy C & Aaron Sibley – Once Upon a Time
- Sasha Bognibov – Love
- Shvets – The World
- Tolik – Glass
- Tudor Bumbac – Numai pentru tine
- Vera Țurcanu – Black Heart
- Viorela – The Gates of Love
Some familiar names in the selection thus far include Sasha Bognibov and Doinița Gherman, whereas DoReDoS is said to be the result of Philipp Kirkorov’s “Dream Team” project, so it will be interesting to hear how the project has unfolded!
Moldova’s first live show takes place on 22nd February as fourteen of these acts compete for a place in the live final of O melodie pentru Europa on 24th February.
Lead image: Eurovisionworld
Which acts have #YOU excited in Moldova? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE, or join the discussion below and on social media!