24 songs in Moldova’s hunt for their next Eurovision star have made it to the next round of the competition following a live auditions round in Chișinău. 50 songs were initially shortlisted and have now been reduced to the remaining contestants. Notable qualifiers include Sunstroke Project who represented Moldova in 2011, and Kitty Brucknell, known from The X Factor UK and her attempt to represent Switzerland.
The 24 qualifying songs are;
- Carolina Gorun – Sublime
- Cezara – Am devenit străini
- Dana Markitan – Love Me
- Diana Brescan – Up and Down
- Doinita Gherman – Inima fierbinte
- Domenico Protino – Let Me Fly
- Doredos – Maricica
- Edict – Our Star
- Eduard Romanyuta – I Want Your Love
- Glam Girls – Magia
- Irina Kitoroagă – I’m Gonna Get You
- Julia Sandu – Fire
- Kitty Brucknell – Remix
- Lidia Isac – I Can’t Breathe
- Marcel Roşca – Feelings Will Never Leave
- Mihaela Andrei – About Love
- Miss M – Lonely Stranger
- Raby – Hero
- Serj Kuzenkoff – Dana Nazdravanu
- Stela Boţan & The Cadence of Heart – Save Me
- SunStroke Project & Michael Ra – Day After Day
- Valeria Paşa – I Can Change All My Life
- Vera & Diana Popa – Faith
- Vitalie Todiraşcu – Tu singura
The songs will now be split into two semi-finals with eight qualifiers from each. The semi-finals will take place on February 24th and 26th and the final will occur on February 28th.
Moldova will be looking to return to the Eurovision final this year after Cristina Scarlat finished last in the semi-final in Copenhagen.
Who do you want to represent Moldova? Let us know your thoughts below or join the discussion on our forum!