As time is passing by, and we are still awaiting the big question, on which city will host Eurovision Song Contest 2017, then Sweden has decided to reveal some local news, which is that the national selection in Sweden, also well known as Melodifestivalen, has been announced, and the dates are set.
Just like every year, 6 cities in Sweden will get the chance to host one of the 6 shows, that all are part of a series of shows, which will decide, who gets to represent Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest.
As usual, 6 shows will be held, in 6 different cities, while 4 of the shows will be heats, 1 show will be a Second Chance Round, and the last show being the final, where the winner is crowned.
Melodifestivalen 2017, will take place in the following cities, on the following dates:
- 1st Heat: 4th of February 2017, in Gothenburg/Göteborg, Scandinavium.
- 2nd Heat: 11th of February 2017, in Malmö, Malmö Arena.
- 3rd Heat: 18th of February 2017, in Växjö, Vida Arena.
- 4th Heat: 25th of February 2017, in Skellefteå, Skellefteå Kraft Arena.
- Second Chance/Andra Chansen: 4th of March 2017, in Linköping, SAAB Arena.
- Final: 11th of March 2017, in Stockholm, Friends Arena.
Currently, the only confirmed participants will be the band “Les Gordon”, who qualified through the “Svensktoppen Nästa” competition, while rest of the participants will be revealed at a later point.
Tickets for the live shows and rehearsals will be on sale, starting from the 31st of October 2016.